Why are Night Elves still playable?

I’ve been watching them getting killed for 4 xpacs now. I killed millions of them Horde side, levelling through Azshara, Stonetalon, Ashenvale. Then in the new xpac the Horde attack Darkshore and burn the tree. Emerald Dream has been nuked, Ysera is dead.

Shouldn’t they have deleted Night Elves from the game now? There’s none left. They have nothing, even their cultural icons are gone. At least the Forsaken got to evacuate before they nuked their own city in an attempt to take out Anduin and friends.

7 Likes

Night Elves are the Dothraki of World of Warcraft.

12 Likes

By the same logic, we should remove orcs because those guys have been tossed in the woodchipper more times than I can count.

27 Likes

Yeah I remember when we burned Orgrimmar to the ground then Varian stood over the crying Orc and told him he was killing hope… good times… good times…

13 Likes

Why were gnomes ever playable? Like 20 of them escaped Gnomer.

11 Likes

Cloning technology!

6 Likes

Gnomes are like Tribbles…
The Trouble With Tribbles

9 Likes

Orcs are arguably even worse because at least the Night Elves had a sizable population at the height of their power.

The original population of Thrall’s Orcs was small enough for them to fit on a few boats. Like, it was probably no more than a few hundred, and that’s being generous.

5 Likes

How about blood elves, few hundred left, including civilians.

2 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t read their own lore.

They’re too busy making Nathanos into that guy who power emotes in RP, and deleting, removing, blighting, or bombing Alliance territories.

5 Likes

They’re waiting for the Tyrande raid before they officially get rid of them.

2 Likes

Most races should be extinct by now with thousands upon thousands of deaths. We’ve had war after war and threat after threat in a 8/9 year span.

Also, consider that those thousands of deaths happened after things such as , Gnomeregan disaster and however many refugees came out, 90% of Quel’Thalas population dying to the Scourge, and after-BC many Tauren getting slaughtered by the Grimtotem. After all those “near-extinction” events, they just kept dying and dying and dying…and somehow we always have new ready-to-fight right-aged soldiers.

2 Likes

Orcs know how to… multiply :sunglasses:

4 Likes

We have a rabbit form for copulation…

3 Likes

Or void elves. As Ion said “elite squad” so what? like 12 of them total? Velfs would have been wiped out in lordaeron.

2 Likes

Draenei too, barely few left. Honestly we should all roll goblins, humans and dwarves for realism.

2 Likes

Some of we lighter colored cousins have been lending a hand on the numbers problem. It’s the least we can do after so many lives were lost at the tree. Enemies we may be, according to the factions anyway, but I for one do not wish complete eradication of any race. Genocide is wrong regardless of the reason! Long ears are best ears.

4 Likes

You clearly haven’t killed enough Forsaken and Orcs on the Alliance side. I’d consider Vanilla or Classic.

You people are missing the forest for the trees. How many Troggs and Murlocs have we killed? Explain that one.

2 Likes

Worgen and Void Elves especially should be extinct by now, since they are supposedly absolutely finite in number, yet the Horde is always killing so many of them, and even then, there’s still somehow like 30 million Worgen and thousands of Void Elves or so even after being killed off by the boatloads.