Why are most people going to a PvP server? ⚔

i took the red pill long ago. :wink:

I’ll never understand that Matrix reference. Never seen any of the movies.

PVP is unpredictable, and with everyone starting from a level playing field again, its going to be a gankfest. Get your rogues readyyyy

aw you missed out then. the original is probably one of my top favorite movies of all time.

Indeed. It’s defined a lot of culture for 20 years by distilling a ton of philosophy from the past millennia into a 2 hour movie. Obviously it couldn’t explore it deeply, but it hits a surprising number of points.

1 Like

I dunno. Perm flagging on a pve server can be more dangerous than a pvp server. On a pvp server if I come across 3 people I can sap one person, engineering mc another and then kill the 3rd. Restealth/resap the 3rd, kill the second guy, restealth and kill the 3rd guy. (Or whatever, pvp isn’t scripted just go with it :stuck_out_tongue: )

On a pve server while choosing to perma flag, If I come across 3 people. One flags by attacks me when I’m not stealthed, while I"m dealing with that another flags by healing them. And if I manage to somehow start winning the 3rd flags and joins in. Now I"m forced to run away. IF they stick around I might be able to pull of something fancy, but I have 5 min before their flags reset and they know I’m here.

Yeah, people will sometimes ignore you on a PvE realm. But you’re always at a disadvantage to the ones who don’t because they get a free opening shot on you. Personally I’d rather be on a PvP server at that point so there’s a trade off with sometime being the ganked and sometimes being the ganker. But when I’m on a pve realm I’ll always be nice enough to remind them that they left their flag on :slight_smile: It’s just one of my many public services.

Let’s hope we even get PvP and PvE servers with the news about EU. Oh boy.

Hrm, that is an assumption

Going RP or PVE myself. No intrest in PVP servers.

Where are you getting your assumption? Don’t buy the PVP is the real game argument.

I also don’t agree with the “real end game is PvP” argument. I’m going to be on a PvE server either way (even if they don’t give us Oceanic servers which is highly unlikely but who knows)

What I am more surprised about is the fact they said no RP-PvP for EU. This could be bad news for us.

Is there a link to that? I thought the news right now was just about the language division, or lack of.

Thanks.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-european-realms-structure/56694

Got ya. The good news is they dont say NO RPPVP, its just not in that list.

I know, stretching.

Dumb post. This is a game where the two factions are supposed to be at WAR. All is fair in war.

Surprised you didn’t drop the carebear insult.

No, we are sane people who want to enjoy the world freely without having to worry about people doing it for lulz.

I like my PvP seperate to my PvE. I like doing battlegrounds.

1 Like

Does that mean that flags will all be shut off during the AQ event? Since that storyline was about both sides combining their strength against an enemy that threatened them both?

I’m torn. Part of me really enjoyed being on a PvP server and with no battlegrounds to start it will keep things interesting. The other part of me sometimes found it super annoying. Also any friends I have that have any chance of playing classic will only play on PvE.

How is carebear an insult? Are you voluntarily making yourself sound hyperbolic or are you that sensitive by random comments on the internet?

It’s funny how you complain of being “insulted” of carebear and then, implying rather directly that people who enjoy PvP servers are not sane.

That preference of playstyle doesn’t make you any more sane than the player that enjoys unscripted, random pvp encounters in the open world. Preference doesn’t make ANY player better or worse than another. There’s a reason they separate the servers, and it’s so the bickering doesn’t have to happen.

I don’t understand why most folks seem to have to insult either side for their preferences. Just let people play what/where they want.

People can play wherever they like absolutely. I just wanted to understand the reasons why they want to play on a PvP server and I’m sure by now we have the answer. It might be a muddled mess… but the answer is in there somewhere.

The PvE server plays including myself have also shared their reasons why they would prefer a PvE server. Our answers are clear.

Because PVE servers are freaking boring and offer no thrills or threats.