Why are most people going to a PvP server? ⚔

Huh? go look at dueling videos from vanilla and tell me its brain dead. Using spell batching to break sheeps with skull of impending doom and other cool things. Its less mechanical than BFA but there is a lot more thought that goes into what GCD you are pressing in the moment.

Well that’s a nice circle j**k that is going on here!

“PvPers aRe NOt nIcE tO Us, tHeY SAy we aRE caRe BEars sO I DoN’t wANt to PLay wiTH ThEm”.

How pathetic… Just say you don’t like PvP servers, you prefer PvE to avoid ganking that’s enough.

1 Like

I’ll probably roll on a PvE server since I most likely won’t lvl to max because I’ll be twinking at 49. And there will still be PvP on PvE servers when asshats decide to kill quest givers. I like my PvP optional tyvm.

1 Like

The only servers I would think about rolling PvP would be vanilla.

I’lll probably still roll PvE.

Apologies for the big post. Woke up and saw some activity here, and thought I’d try to respond to some of the things I felt got breezed over.

Calling someone ‘of a lower intelligence’ because they like to pvp is just plain rude. I don’t understand the blatant negativity being thrown around constantly. I -don’t- think it’s hard to understand that progression isn’t always the focus when playing a game. That’s what bgs along the leveling route are: a break from PvE/Progression/etc. You don’t get exp from it, they can take a while, and it’s all about killing other players and trying to deny them a win. It’s the structured version of Wpvp. Read it with me, ya’ll. BGs ARE THE STRUCTURED VERSION OF WPVP. It has the same time consumption, if not more (especially if you do multiple in a session), and doesn’t generate anything toward progression. Wpvp is a waste of time? So are the bgs most of the aggressors here are claiming they still love.

This incredibly hyperbolic and disingenuous. I’m going to make a statement and say that everyone knows that’s not the case, and anyone suggesting as such is doing so dishonestly.

It’s more that the issue is that the ‘hardcore’ of each side are going at each others’ throats about which is ‘better’ - which is a silly argument. If we could all just agree that we do what we like without throwing all sorts of shade(That I don’t think you’re doing, for the record, grabbing this quote to spread the message) we’d be in a better place.

This is false, and this thread proves it. Take a read up (I know it’s a lot), but it’s BOTH sides taunting, insulting, and othersuch. It’s not one sided in the slightest.

The first bit, I agree with. The choice between servers is subjective and in the end carries no weight.
The second part is… not so correct. You’re not the same as on a pvp server, cause if someone’s say… taking gathering nodes that you want, you can’t fight them over it if they don’t flag. PvP servers offer a chance to take what you feel is yours, rather than having to force/trick someone into doing an aspect they didn’t sign up for. (Note the difference: PvE server, you would have to taunt/trick them into flagging. PvP server, they have the expectation it could happen, and aren’t tricked into it.)

2 Likes

I don’t care for PvPing. How can I miss out on something I have no interest in?

2 Likes

vanilla is peak wpvp its not like people want to play it to farm molten core every week

Only if you aren’t looking very hard…

I really don’t get people who claim they can’t find PvP anywhere.

1 Like

Comments like this have always confused me. Choosing a pve server doesn’t mean there’s no world pvp or that there’s not people who love to pvp. That’s like saying “PvPers miss out in classic because PvE had some great stuff and they’re missing out on all the raids”. Like, no it’s still there and it still happens regularly. Some people just want to do it when they want to and not do it when they don’t. Someone doesn’t “miss out” because they’re getting the experience they want and enjoy. That may not be the same experience you want, but it doesn’t mean they’re not having fun.

Neither version is the “proper real experience” version. World PvP can be as common on a pve servers as raiding is on a pvp server. Some people like the thrill of not knowing when they’ll find themselves pvping and liking the fact that even picking herbs can be dangerous, other people like to have the choice on what they do when they log on and be able to focus on one aspect of the game without another aspect forced on them. Both are correct because it’s purely a personal preference. People are allowed to like different things and aren’t “missing out” by picking their preference and not someone else’s.

2 Likes

It’s entirely possible I’m not talking about official servers? Blizzard hasn’t EVER merged PvE and PvP servers.

Then why discuss it where we ARE talking about official servers? I can only assume you’re talking about private servers then, in which case, that’s already something against ToS/illegal, thus you’ll find the seedier types there.

Regardless to that, not everyone is the same. There’s a continual theme of blanketing all pvp players as demons. You will remember the bad more clearly than the good. The vocal minority speaks loudly when you forget about the quiet majority. This is simple psychology that some people need to remember.

I’m not sure that I agree with:

I actually watch some amazing PvP going on… in BETA the zone stuff is awesome. The fighting outside instances looks fun too. But unfortunately, it doesn’t take a whole lot of gankers/griefers to make PvP a bad choice.

I definitely enjoy things like Tarre Mill/Southshore PvP, and stranglethorn vale encounters.

It’s the max level idiots that come BACK to STV to continually gank players… not looking for PvP action… but to just inconvenience people trying to play the game.

You know what would fix PvP? A simple rule that says you cannot initiate an attack on someone more than 5 levels below you.

But i’m sure some will have some logical reason as to why that would ruin their immersion.

1 Like

It would be a bad idea because then the 2 guys 4 levels higher than me could camp me and I couldn’t log in my guy that’s 7 levels higher than them to take them 1v2.

Probably so. Which is why I will roll PvE… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Extending the DK system to include players too low level below you with an added penalty that you would become red to your own faction eventually would be quite interesting without breaking immersion.

Debatably jumping on another character already breaks immersion :stuck_out_tongue:

“Personally” needs to be tacked onto the end of that.

They’re annoying, but arguably immersive. Game with a strong narrative of faction wars. It’s not unlikely for some experienced dude to wax the floor with a few unskilled folks. (I generally sit on the side of a one-and-done rule if I see a low level player. Give 'em a bop to remind them that the world is scary, then move on.)

Griefers will find a way. It’s more likely that they’d just kill NPCs around the player, or tag all the mobs before them. Also means that if a 40 is camping a 35, a 60 can’t come help the camped player to get them out.

In the end, if you have a good attitude toward your community, there will be friends ready (And sometime chomping at the bit) to come help you get some revenge on a camper or griefer.

I wasn’t addressing immersion. Just pointing out why it was a bad idea. I should have cut out his second sentence since I was addressing the idea this would “fix pvp”.

If this is what it comes down to (which it does for me) I can get that exact same thrill by flagging myself on a PVE server (which I plan to do 99% of the time). It’s actually more “hard mode” to do that because you rarely get the opening attack out in the world.

I don’t gank. I hate gankers. And I get that same thrill of danger by making myself vulnerable out in the world. Then there’s times I want to fish in peace and don’t require the thrill of looking over my shoulder. PVE while PVP flagged is the absolute best option for me.

3 Likes

Thought you have an off button. It’s an option of Wpvp on a PvE server, but I can’t consider it ‘hard mode’ compared to always having to worry. You have the option to do that quest unflagged. PvPers don’t.

If you wanted to be flagged 99% of the time for hard mode, you’d be on a pvp server. You could just as easily elect never to open on someone, but always be at risk even if you wanted to just fish.

Not that I feel any side is better, I just wanted to point out these things. There’s no point posturing one over the other, because the difference between the two is minimal. Both player and server types are respectable, and need to be boasted. Just play what you enjoy <3

2 Likes