Why are most people going to a PvP server? ⚔

I like the change of pace that world pvp brings. Questing is tedious and depending how you do it can be boring. Seeing the opposite faction take your mobs or attempting to gank you or worst… But when people come together and take down the opposite faction it becomes its own thing and you make friends along the way.

Pve seems more antisocial in a join grp clear same dungeon after a year nobody will talk and expect others to know everything. While in Wpvp people are communicating “Horde are outside a dungeon lets grp up around and wipe them!”

11 Likes

Maybe assuming faction population stay even, or it’ll just end up the same as it did in vanilla, everyone corpse run into the dungeon!!

1 Like

I’m not saying everytime its great, But some of the best memories I’ve had in WoW are the ones that come organically and Wpvp played a big part of that and 3 day long AV’s lol. Made so many enemies and friends along the way.

8 Likes

It’s a war between two factions. On PvE realms, you completely lose that. How can you be at war, and not be? PvE realms make no sense. They’re only about end game, and getting to it safely, conveniently.

So then there’s Battlegrounds. Where conveniently, the “war” is back on! Just in these 3 places though. After the battle, you can have tea and cakes with the person you just fought 5 minutes ago. Give them a nice little /cheer and a /wave for killing you and your friends.
Well, that is provided you ever see them again. Not likely with cross realms. Which is a whole other heated rant.

15 Likes

PvE realms are in a cold war state, no open conflict but you can’t just freely interact with the opposite faction. Of course PvP realms are basically in the same state since you’re not really fighting a war, there’s just people who you can arbitrarily kill the open world for no over all goal.

9 Likes

I would say the silent majority will be on PvE realm. i love to PvP, but PvE servers seem to always give me the best experience.

Also, modern vanilla PvP servers will be a bunch of try hards, griefers, and streamer hive minds.

43 Likes

Like I said, makes no sense. :wink:

5 Likes

I guess people playing World of WARcraft want to enjoy certain aspects of the game.

4 Likes

Because Warmode on retail just isn’t the same thing. Classic will be the only place where we have real PvP servers.

14 Likes

Pservers propagated the myth that PvP servers are more popular. The FRESH pserver created a vacuum on the existing pservers due to people wanting to rush the leveling on the FRESH server and beat out the wPvP ganking.

Those that want to gank and those not wanting to be ganked both maintain the FRESH cycle. PvE servers in the pserver community take the population hit due to that hype. To the point that pserver admins don’t both hosting PvE servers. (That and they are less lucrative)

This FRESH cycle will be broken with Classic. PvE servers will not feel the same population drop.

9 Likes

Dunno where you heard most folks will be going to a gank server. On PvE servers you can flag yourself for PvP.

7 Likes

Because it makes numerical sense.

In WPVP sense players tend to see themselves somewhere on the wolf-sheep spectrum, i.e. how much they expect to be on the win-loose side when they meet someone out in the world.

First Classic attracts more hardcore audence and second we always overestimate our skills. So this leaves very few players that see themselves deep into the sheep side.

2 Likes

Because people can’t make their own decisions and enjoy Wpvp before it took 5+ minutes to finally kill someone? No, the streamers are not the reason people are playing pvp servers, it’s because it’s something that’s been long since dead and gone in retail and has been in demand for several expansions now.

8 Likes

You guys understand that we had quite a bit of WPvP even on RP realms, right?

The carebear of carebear realms had WPvP. Mind you, it only happened when people WANTED to, but that could be anytime! Accidentally right-click the wrong NPC? Flagged. Get attacked by a guard or go into the wrong area? Flagged.

Being flagged for PvP is simple and fast, anyone can do it! This notion that you can’t experience WPvP on PvE realms is absurd. It reeks of PvP try-hards and internet tough-guy mentality.

The thing you’ll notice about PvP try-hards and internet tough-guys is that they will be very very loud, and endlessly harass you for not accepting their standards as gospel. “Only REAL men level on PvP servers!” kek

41 Likes

I always held to the idea that attacking someone randomly is a scummy thing to do. As such, I never initiate combat, and therefore am always on the defending side of wpvp. I hated that nearly every pserver was pvp and I can’t wait to finally level in peace on a pve server.

Unpopular opinion, but wpvp is cowardly. You’re only looking for people half dead to snipe from a distance and then call that “winning”

50 Likes

This is a big part of the PvE server argument. I’ve leveled on pservers that were, of course, PvP. The people who live to play on PvP servers don’t care about ‘honor’ or ‘fairness’ or anything of the sort. You have seen the posters in this thread alone? They don’t want a fair fight, most will flee if they see equal numbers of enemies with gear on par with theirs. It’s all about ‘winning’ and being ‘ruthless’.

They’re savage barbarians living out their fantasies through ganking others in a video game. It’s disgusting, hence while I’ll stick to RP and PvE realms for Classic.

Ignore the frothing at the mouth ravings of the PvP realm ITGs! Play the GAME without being concerned you’ll be corpse camped by roving bands of marauders!

41 Likes

Playing on a PvE server is missing out on part of the game. Without Battlegrounds, pvp will be non-existant on PvE servers except for duels.

PvE servers won’t have STVietnam. The zone won’t be anything special and will be just as uneventful as the others. When players group up on each faction against each other… it’s always been fun when it happens.

While World PvP is often unfair, it wasn’t that bad if you died. Grouping up is a thing. And grouping up is fun. Especially if you’re killing the other faction!

14 Likes

And these people will get ganged up on. It will all be ok. It’s not doom and gloom on a PvP server. It’s called fun.

16 Likes

I can see where you’re coming from. There will certainly be a lot less wpvp on a pve server, but I feel sorry for anyone that’s expecting to go there and have no wpvp. As someone else said above us, it’s so easy to get yourself flagged on accedent. And before you know it…youve got a TM vs SS war going on inside a PvE server!

PvE servers aren’t about eliminating wpvp, it’s about giving yourself a choice when you want to participate in it. And I’m definitely looking forward to that.

24 Likes

I’m OCE as well and plan on rolling PVE.

PVP just isn’t my thing but plenty of others like it so that’s fine. Each has their place.

I don’t think it’s down to the streamers… plenty of people have loved PVP on all types of realms.

Honestly, I kind of feel like it’s just that a lot of people interested in Classic have experience on private servers, most of which were pvp. It’s what you’re used to and where your memories and nostalgia come from I guess.

4 Likes