Why are Legendaries so expensive?

I was about to say you are WHYLING bro :rofl:

1 Like

This i don’t understand,you get korthite doing dailies need 40 per one and how many to rank up? Where are they getting it beside this? Or are they buying them? if so tokens???

Yeah that’s a whole hot mess of it’s own.

1 Like

Prices are just the meeting point between the lowest price sellers are willing to sell at and the highest price buyers are willing to buy at.

Generally the cost of investment and materials will set a floor for how low sellers can sell at, but for every gold above that point it’s because buyers are still willing to buy at that price. For the price to go down, buyers need to stop buying. Which will eventually happen as more and more legendaries become available and fewer people need to buy them since they’re generally a one-time purchase.

On a single toon the game threw enough korthite crystals at me to make up for the legendary cost. With the option of making a lot more gold with alts. So even though I didn’t craft them, I feel I made some decent gold with legendaries.

1 Like

It’s between the crafter and the player. Where does blizz come into it? Can easily wait a couple of weeks. Korthite crystals are now around 2.5 k, but should drop soon since now we can get them from the weekly vault and with anima. Once the crystals drop in price, so will the legendaries.

unless your min maxxing to be the 1% top mythic raiders, your perfectly fine with a rank 4 leggo.
You dont need the upgraded ones, its a slight stat increase, thats it. leggos are expensive right now purely for 2 reasons. 1- the amount of mats needed to learn the recipes to get to rank 4 then all the mats required for the upgrade items is pretty hefty - Blizz has screwed crafting professions bigtime with the sheer unit amount of mats needed for things atm. And 2- because its a shiney new item that not that many people can make. As the weeks go on and more people get their reps up to unlock the recipes more will be available and the price will drop accordingly. Everything is always overpriced at the start, heck I remember selling cooking mats for 300 gold a piece at the start of an xpack purely because some people have the gold to burn to power level things.
Wait another couple weeks, collect your cinders up, and just craft the rank 6, dont stress about the rank 5, its a waste of gold

40 for every craft. And you really only get a handful per week. So you’re left buying them at 2800-3100 each. If you’re crafting for just yourself, its not bad. But if you’re crafting to sell, you’re dropping 120k to buy them.

How many to get rank 2?? 5 -10 of them?

So blizz can sell more tokens :hugs:

Crafting them is ridiculously expensive and thus buying them is as well.

1 Like

This. Mythic Sanctum of Domination is not tuned around everyone having a 262 legendary. It’s one of the easiest raids we’ve ever gotten according to the high end guilds.

Because players are overinflating the prices. Elethium and other mats have never been easier to find. This is entirely player caused but people still want to blame Blizzard.

1 Like

well blizz is the one that made the entire system
so yeah, why blame the players? Devs knew exactly what they were doing when they put this into the game lol

i think the only thing I’d place blame on the players for is only making this a big deal now. this could have been blown up to be an issue at the start. I know I foresaw this coming, as did others, but it wasn’t loud enough.

I indirectly agree with you lol

Simple to spike sells in wow tokens

I am assuming they made it this way because they wanted to throw professions a bone by making it profitable

However they didn’t factor in what a major PITA it is. You need multiple proffs to make one leggo (at least for LW, where you need Chanting), then you have to repeatedly craft that same leggo for a dozen times in order to get the next stage.

This is not enjoyable in the least!

12 to get to each rank. Including the vendor bought items (orbereal shards) at 100-125g each and requiring 10+ shards

Just doing callings gives you 100 k gold in a month 
 it takes 20 minutes with flying .

Well this is the problem right here. Players don’t have access to enough crafting options on one character.

Oh dang,thank for letting me know how does a individual afford that? now i’m pretty sad. :frowning_face:

The reason why it’s expensive is that in order to craft the highest rank legendary you need to make 15x rank1s, rank2s, rank3. All of which are selling for far less than what they cost to make because no one wants those ranks. So the cost of all those legendaries is added on to the cost of the rank 6 legendaries.

It’s just an awful system that didn’t need to be in the game at all. And to this day should be removed.