Why are Legendaries so expensive?

I am flabbergasted right now by the cost of legendaries. i hate it. Why do I have to spend so much to upgrade it? Why do I even need a base item to upgrade it? I already spent 200k last patch for my leggo and now I need to spend another 200k just to give it an upgrade?

Its not even worth buying or getting? How on earth is 200k the market intersection for supply/demand? I have to sit there grinding gold instead of paying your game in the ways I want to play it all because some dumb sperg wants to make me spend literally all of my gold for one legendary, its idiotic.

Shadowlands really is an experiment of how much systems blizzard could F up.

8 Likes

You talking gold or the echo crap?

1 Like

honestly id rather do echos, the gold is asinine.

both options are massively idiotic.

1 Like

it’s not worth buying at high prices no.

unless you want to pay 400k for a few extra secondary stats - which by the way will be useless in a few months. players will have invested upwards of 1 million gold if they purchased legendaries this expansion…most players have never even seen that much gold lol…

professional wow players have already commented that it’s unrealistic to “farm your own mats” like some lvl 50 alts on this forum are recommending. They need to nerf the mat requirements is what they’re saying.

I asked a couple times what the materials for the legendaries are in some of these threads and not a single person advising to farm them could provide the answer. That says something about how realistic it is to just go out there and do it yourself.

Most players are using wow tokens to afford them from what I understand. I ask - even in my random mythic+ groups.

it’s the worst legendary system they’ve ever implemented by a long shot. and obviously done to push wow token sales to make up for lost clients (people leaving since BfA). That’s my opinion.

13 Likes

Well, technically, you could do all of this on your own using alts, but I’m guessing you don’t have time for that.

1 Like

Legendaries are artificially overpriced…

Let’s examine Plate:

It uses Shadowghast Ingots and Enchanted Elethium Bars as well as some vendor materials… If you are a Blacksmith and Enchanter you can severely cut down on the production costs…

Shadowghast Ingots are made in pairs, yet the Auction House has their individual cost being usually equal to the total cost of the materials used for a single ingot… Enchanted Elethium Bars take 2 ores, and a dust, yet the cost is usually the cost of 3 ores instead… Korthia Crystals have a perceived value, which is regularly enforced by the Auction masters who buyout and reauction the cheapest ones…

So, ignoring the Vestige of Origins, you can expect an R4 Legendary Leg piece (Helm and Chest are reserved for Domination sockets) to in actuality, be quite cheap - in fact I can make and sell some R4 Shadowghast Greaves for about 24,000 gold on Frostmourne… The cost of the Vestige of Origins (where the Crystals are 2,000 each) ends up being around 83,000 thus bringing the cost of the R6 Legendary to around 107,000 gold… Then people add their cuts on top (I usually add 3000-8000 gold on top, others often buy mine out and reauction for triple the cost)…

Korthite $3k per and 40 to make 1 item.

75k for vendor items to rank up 1 item to lvl 2 and more for 3 and 4.

1 Like

Try crafting one with your own mats and you’ll see why pretty quick.

1 Like

You do understand that your fellow players are determining the amount they sell for and not Blizzard right?

2 Likes

Nah. You can get most of the benefits without having a maxed one. That’s a lot better than the 10 years it took me to get that second TF binding.

Orboreal Crystals.
You need A LOT to get to rank 4 and the only method of obtaining these is through a vendor for 150g/each. The purpose of this is for people to buy WoW tokens for gold exchange, simple as that.
Korthite crystals are at least obtainable via players and you don’t require a thousand…

I have a professions thread detailing all the problems with SL, give it a look!

2 Likes

ok - that comes from world first raiders, who imo i think their opinions are more credible than yours (at least to me).

so yeah. the system sucks.

There’s a lot more players like me than them. Of course a few players who need the absolute max in the 2nd week of every patch don’t want a system that fits best for slow and steady.

1 Like

you’re literally the only person i’ve ever seen defend this system…so i guess that’s saying something. lol

Saying it’s not the worst is not the same as defending it. It’s definitely sucks, but it’s better than flat RNG by a mile.

EDIT: sorry I see what you’re saying, I am having 2 similar conversations at the same time. One is about shards lol

anyway, I still think this legendary system is horrible and the absolute worst legendary idea they’ve ever had.

3 Likes

Well - quick napkin math…

its 15 crafts per rank
You need 4 ranks
So you need 60 crafts of the same item - lets use a cheap item…boots
13500 gold for shards
40837 For flux (at lowest price)
so thats 54337 gold…before you consider the value of the ore or soul ash.
Oh and almost no one wants to buy anything less then rank 4.
Oh and your competing with every other crafter…so likely your selling at a overall loss.

Edit - should be 40752 - I got overzealous and included 15 crafts of rank 4.

4 Likes

Who said this? Because idgaf if they’re world first raiders or not, they’re dead wrong lmfao.

1 Like

When the crafter combines the mats is there an RNG chance nothing will come out? Does tg have RNG on ash? R4 would carry most people all patch and there’s nothing random about it.

1 Like

sorry that was referring to the shards of domination system - sorry for the confusion :slight_smile:

i edited my post :heartpulse:

1 Like