Why are Crests capped?

Please, can we stop doing these pointless caps on currency needed to upgrade gear? It’s so unhealthy and unfun having to sit something in the bank for weeks because I need to upgrade other things first.

Stop doing it, it’s not fun. Just let me upgrade my gear when I want to.

9 Likes

i AGREE it ridiculous and pointless. Stupid even. shame on them for the unfun their providing lol

2 Likes

Its to prevent people from boosting, the cap will slowly increase over time

People reach max ilvl in week 2, complain there’s nothing to do, and then un-sub. It’s mostly a business model for Blizzard (and Valor was always capped so the reasoning should be a familiar).

4 Likes

I think I’ve already outgrown drake crests. I have enough to upgrade a pair of gloves and boots when I eventually get them, pretty sure everything else is already 424+.

Was capping drake crests really necessary?

I’m overflowing with crests. It’s flightstones I don’t have nearly enough of. They currently do not drop from the raid which appears to be an oversight.

1 Like

Cuz some of yall got 0 self control and will do 240 mythics in the first 2 days and then complain theres nothing to do in the game

11 Likes

It’s not the cap that’s the problem it’s that if you cap a currency you have to do lower difficulties. This should 100% be fixed.

God isn’t this the straight hard truth

The cap seems pretty reasonable right now.

Also think of it as an anti-neckbeard measure so casuals don’t fall super far behind by not playing nonstop for the first month.

Yeah, looks to be what happened here.

2 Likes

I get it you didn’t do the campaign on week 0 so this doesn’t apply to you. That doesn’t mean someone else is wrong. The campaign on week 0 gave so many flightstones it was easy to hit the cap and we had no gear to upgrade since the raid was closed and M+ wasn’t open. Just because it isn’t an issue for you in the current moment doesn’t mean it won’t become an issue later.

You cannot simply disregard the experiences of others just because your experience was different.

Well, you don’t because I did. :dracthyr_love_animated:

They tried uncapping upgrade currencies in season 4 of SL.
Heroic raids were pointless by week two of the season.

You can currently get 20 of each crest.

Even if you only need wyrm and aspect, that’s running over 25 dungeons at 11-15 and over 25 dungeons at 16+ timed, of course.

If you have an average investment of 32 minutes per dungeon between forming group, getting to the key, and clearing the dungeon, that’s over 13 hours of game time to grind the crests at Wyrm and at Aspect.

And maybe you got the cap on both last week. That’s still over 6 hours of play time for Wyrm Crests and over 6 hours of play time for Aspect Crests. It is Thursday, and I have questions:

1. How have you managed to play a video game for over 12 hours in 48 hours since last reset?
  2. Do you have a job, school, or etc?
  3. Have you considered going outside?
1 Like

It’s insanely fast to gear up right now. You don’t need to be full build week 1.

Punishing everyone for the actions of a small minority is not a good system.

Well no one said they were smart…

It prevents people from maxing their grear out in 2 weeks and unsubing

It’s not even close to how bad valor caps were last time. Huge improvement.

And we had lots of fun pushing keys and farming slimecat, and lots of posts were made asking it to remain that way and asking why it couldn’t always be like that

1 Like