Why are Blood Elves horde?

I’m asking this from a lore perspective. I have googled it and read quite a bit but I’m hoping someone can summarize the lore in a better way than I have come across.

I personally hate blood elves as Horde but my girlfriend loves them and defends them consistently.

I need arguments against her so I can lay her low.

1 Like

Because Sylvanas made them her b*tch.

9 Likes

Read the lore on bloodelves and you’ll find out why they became Horde.

2 Likes

From my understanding, it’s because the Alliance has treated High Elves like crap. And then Blood Elves were corrupted by the fel, which is similar to what happened to the Orcs. The Horde offered help

8 Likes

Bad writing.

30 Likes

They belong in the horde simply because of this one joke.

10 Likes

Because one human named Garithos was mean to them, so they didn’t want anything to do with the Alliance (although I don’t think he was even part of the Alliance as we know it now, but belonged to Lordaeron or whatever it was) and they wanted to use the Horde to find their way back to their leader in Outland, Kaelthas, but he was corrupted so they just ended up staying with the Horde.

That’s how I understand it in summary anyway.

1 Like

Because twisted mana-addicts aren’t exactly rainbows and ice-cream.

Blood Elves joined the Horde because they needed allies against the Scourge, but their addiction to magic was turning them into Wretched.

Essentially Blood Elves are addicts before their teeth fall out.

4 Likes

Hey I don’t have a mana problem. YOU have a mana problem. I can quit any time.

10 Likes

They joined the horde because some alliance guy tried to kill them and when they were thinking about rejoining the alliance during mist jaina killed and imprisoned a bunch of them

2 Likes

They are horde because Blizz wanted the Horde to have a “pretty” race. Maybe so more women would play Horde?

19 Likes

I’m a woman and despise blood elves. You can make any Horde race pretty if you choose the “cute” face imo. But that’s definitely not why they went Horde. It’s because of the lore and how the Draenei needed a side. (Even though they lived amongside the Orcs in Draenor for a bit)

1 Like

The rumor/theory I have heard is that Asian players asked for a race that their girlfriends would consider pretty enough to play.

9 Likes

The best horde faces are the ugly ones. Troll girls with huge tusks a mean face and a mohawk. Then drop a /flirt and everyone swoons.

2 Likes

well here ya go, from one of the vanilla devs that wrote that book.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/9fb2bo/john_staats_ama_author_of_the_world_of_warcraft/e5v3p5t/?context=3

“one thing I vaguely remember was that Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of asian players (either korean or chinese - I can’t remember which was live at that point) - where many remarked on the horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play.”

5 Likes

They should’ve made draenei horde and blood elves alliance.

Then the high elf wannabes would have their out, and the horde would have hot goat girls

2 Likes

If you play the “Human” campaign of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne it lays down the groundwork for the Blood Elves joining the Horde.

2 Likes

Indeed, it always felt like a hidden agenda that Blood elves came to be horde and space goats alliance.

2 Likes

Because the alliance left them out to die.

1 Like

All a part of the mess that was Warcraft 3. Why that game was so popular, I’ll never know.

4 Likes