Why are be being forced to choose what era to play in?

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=320973/burning-crusade-classic-confirmed-in-blizzconline-leak

4 Likes

The option to play both is still an option for you it just doesnt sound like you can do it on the same character - yknow, how it should be.

4 Likes

Probably because they are only going to maintain a few Classic era servers and don’t want thousands of toons cloned to them.

5 Likes

correct

not just sounds, this is factually confirmed by blizzard themselves

in case anyone doesnt realize this. this is a ONE WAY TICKET TO TBC. they are forcing you to DELETE YOUR CLASSIC CHARACTER.

2 Likes

First world problem.

3 Likes

SOMEBODY THINK OF THE COMMUNITY!!!

Lol, you dont care about the community. Servers are moving on together and thats where the community is.

3 Likes

there’s already talk amongst all the gms on Pagle that people are going to be moving because of this…

Sure its the same story for every server. OPs idea doesnt solve that

I find it funny that we are getting both TBC and Forever Classic and people are still complaining…

8 Likes

about forever losing all their progress? hell yes i am complaining

2 Likes

we’re happy we’re getting both, we’re angry that they are forcing us to choose which one our characters are on when it would be a very easy thing for them to let us play both versions with the same toons.

1 Like

Because coping characters leads to exploit.

3 Likes

Can you guys wait for the official announcement and specifically the FAQ where it probably answer that question?

1 Like

no it doesnt

1 Like
2 Likes

how so? if they just clone the servers wholesale and dont allow any cross transfers from version to version, there’s no exploiting.

2 Likes

well then…thanks for info.
:purple_circle: :large_blue_circle: :purple_circle: :large_blue_circle: :purple_circle: :large_blue_circle: :purple_circle: :large_blue_circle: :purple_circle: :large_blue_circle:

Cloning servers, copying characters. Why would anyone want to stay on a server that has a myriad of copied toons???.. when you want to raid your not going to be depending on copies if the poeple are playing another version of wow. Blizzard is doing the intelligent move and funneling together all the poeple that just want to play vanilla forever.

This is a good thing becuase eventually when wrath comes… im going to go to a TBC era server and play with everyone else that just wants to play TBC.

::pancakes:

7 Likes

I agree after this week of dmf. I am about done with naxx. Maybe if weapons would drop. Freaking one axe and no gresils yet.

i dont understand the point of this question

again, what? do you even understand what you are saying? these people would be playing whichever game they want to play. they would either be playing tbc or classic at one time. dont invite people that are offline.

no, blizzard is forcing current vanilla classic players to delete their vanilla classic character data in order to transfer it over to tbc. they will never be able to play vanilla classic with that character ever again.

this is the furthest thing from good blizzard could do