Why are be being forced to choose what era to play in?

It is simple. Play with those in BC or play with those in classic. Pick. They aren’t forcing you to choose anything since you have the option to keep your classic community together.

3 Likes

That’s not an official announcement. But you knew that.

1 Like

Awesome! I will be able to progress my mage and druid to TBC while leaving my warrior. Great news!!

4 Likes

they are forcing you to choose to play either vanilla classic or tbc classic with your character data. if you choose tbc, your classic character data will be deleted. if you choose classic, you will not be able to transfer your character over to tbc.

2 Likes

I would like to copy toons to the new classic server. I am thinking they only want the dedicated people to classic to take the room up on the new server. Making sure those who want to raid or pvp classic are all on one place. Not 10k copies of toons that never get logged on.

2 Likes

even then, blizzard could have let you have all your characters on both versions, yet they are taking an extra step and making it so that you have to choose which version you want your characters deleted off of

1 Like

I feel for u joyson you just cant seem to understand that having all the servers have a plethora of copied toons would be a Complete detriment to the remaining active player base.

3 Likes

even then, this effect would still take place if they just mirrored the classic character data over. people can only logistically play one version of wow at a time given they have 2 hands and 2 eyeballs.

Ive often thought that if you move to TBC it should remove that toon from the WoW Classic pool. So them doing it sounds as right as rain to me.

3 Likes

Stango gets it

im willing to hear your argument for it, however i am 100% sure there is no argument you can come up with that will validate your illogical manner of thinking.

I will send you my multibox setup. I could really have fun with classic and tbc fatming if they let me have tbc and classic clients up at once.

I wouldn’t play a all three characters on both games. I wouldn’t want that. This way is perfect

you and i both know multiboxing on both clients at the same time is not why they are making people choose which version of wow players will have to delete their characters off of

i mean, feel free to be antagonistic for attention, but i havent heard any argument from you

What progress are you losing? You either choose to leave your character on the realms they are on as they progress to TBC or you transfer it to a forever classic realm (likely for free).

1 Like

I am debating if i will leave someone behind. I think i rather go fresh in classic than keep playing my old toons.

So… you don’t consider something that was posted on Battle.net as official announcement because they deleted it as we weren’t suppose to see it yet?

a level 60 human paladin, full raid clears, 8/8 t1, t2, 2/5 t2.5, 6/8 t3, full bis aside from a few pieces, epic mount, full raid attunements… a lot.

this requires you to delete your character off of vanilla classic in order to play tbc classic with it

1 Like

Cause I didn’t argue. Sorry to disappoint you. Just proclaiming that this way of implementing TBC sounds perfect.

Not my fault you don’t like my positive attitude