Why are be being forced to choose what era to play in?

I’m not sure where the thought of a character copy even came from. There’s no precedent for it on live servers, and it goes against what Classic is even about. P6 forever servers won’t work anyway.

Also for those wanting to raid multiple nights, good luck organizing that with a guild.

1 Like

reply bot much

from the intelligent people who understand how this game is coded and developed.

irrelevant

blah blah blah blah, opinion opinion opinion, and it actually doesnt btw, and you cant prove that it does, and youre just slandering the opposing idea via easy vague statements.

blah blah blah opinion disguised as argument

blah blah blah seriously got anything important to say?

like i said guys, the other side is literally antagonistic reply bots seeking attention

There are several very valid reasons. Just they are ones you aren’t willing to accept the reality of.

You do have the option of playing both. You don’t have that option to duplicate everything you have to play both without the extra effort that playing both would require. Just like playing classic and retail.

I do, but at this point I’m pretty sure you don’t. I could swear I still have my hunter that was “advanced to tbc” then “advanced to wrath” then “advanced to cata” then “advanced to MoP” then “advanced to WoD” then “advanced to Legion” then “advanced to BfA” then “advanced to SL”. Nothing was deleted.

Oh, come off it. That is not functionally the same thing as deleting it. Deleting it would be you no longer have access to it. You have access to it, You are choosing where you want to play it, and You will have to do the extra work if you want to play that same exact character somewhere else. Just as if you wanted to play on two separate realms or play on both retail and classic.

You are right though. It is a separate version of the game. Forever Classic is not Classic. Forever Classic is a version of wow that will never progress. you should be thank blizzard that they are allowing you to transfer your Classic character to a separate version of the game in Forever Classic instead of forcing you to level all over again.

No, it would be the same exact issue people are worried about but with extra steps. You would still have an abundance of un-played characters on a ton of dead realms instead of a few forever classic realms with a healthy and functioning population and community.

The reality is simply that the vast majority of players are going forward and any given version of Forever WoW will have a minority of players compared to the larger wholes that are retail and classic.

Joyson may have broken my brain. I am not entirely sure what you mean here… you want your classic toon to stay in classic and not progress into TBC? Then more her to the Forever Classic realms… or do you mean you want to duplicate the character thus not having to put the time and effort it would take to have two pipers on two separate types of wow?

I can’t keep up with this thread… I’m skipping to the end screw it if someone answers any question I asked already.

I understand what you’re saying, while the OP may have worded it poorly, I understand what the OP means and explaining it. Which is:

So, let’s stick with that.

I was hoping for this:

Yep (sigh)

1 Like

People don’t realize this…and that’s why they are tied to the notion of keeping their progress.

I hit 60 on my druid on a pserver a 2 weeks before their new cycle rolled out…

My first thought:
“Oh, there will be plenty of people who will remain on the old server, don’t worry—you can still play your druid”.

What happened:
Absolute ghost town.

Most Classic lovers want a fresh progression cycle and not forever P6…and people will realize this sooner or later.

This is anecdotal…sure…but I bet it pans out this way. If not—then hey, I was wrong!

Um, no?

This, if you so choose to think of it that way, sure :+1:

EDIT: To be frank, I wouldn’t have minded “fresh” BC Servers, BTW.

But, I will say, this does make sense. I was hoping they would worry about that later, but here we are :woman_shrugging:

Plenty of demand for classic era only servers.
Just like there will be demand for TBC era only servers.

The way they are doing it all the players will be able to choose where they want to play.

lets hear it

correct

thats dumb. bro literally all blizzard would have to do is copy paste the character data. stop misdirecting.

no, you dont.

transfer you character FROM vanilla TO tbc (no longer able to play vanilla with that character)

on retail, no. thats because retail is different from classic. DUUUURRRRRRRRRR

it is factually the same thing as deleting. FULL 100 % FACT.

on vanilla

not on vanilla

yeah, vanilla or tbc

why?

bro literally the rest of your reply is a full on multi page essay you need to be more concise and stop maliciously misdirecting

realize what? someone’s opinion? DUUUURRRRRRR

I just wanna know…

How do you guys have enough time to play tbc and classic at the same time?

I need this invaluable life hack.

Considering the state of the world…nothing else better to do :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

how do you not understand why we are mad that blizzard is doing something completely unnecessary that deletes months of millions of player’s time? that we paid blizzard for?

Joyson i suggest you start thinking if you keep your toon in classic or go to tbc. My advise is keep your toon in classic and remake your new toon for tbc. that way your classic toon is saved and you can just remake to play in tbc… you welcome.

oh i dont have any choice. i either delete my vanilla character to play tbc or find a new guild.

How is it deleted? You get to keep your character in TBC or Classic forever, you lucky ducky.

you either choose tbc or vanilla. you cant have your character on both. which is possible, but blizzard is taking an extra step and forcing players to choose which game they want their characters deleted off of

I mean the idea isnt bad. I mean play the thought of a perma 60 server through. Its just gonna die out eventually. If not in 6 month then maybe in another year. You can only raid naxx so much. The server will also not gain new players. Nobody wants to start from zero where 95% of the population has already finished the journey.

Fresh classic is the best idea. Reset it every 2 years.

1 Like

I’ll give you that—it IS an opinion…but unfortunately if a majority of the population’s opinion is that they want to go to TBC or do a fresh Vanilla cycle…that effects the livelihood of your P6 forever server. I’m not saying your opinion is wrong—I’m just saying your AREN’T going to enjoy what you think P6 forever server will be like considering the mass exodus to either TBC or fresh Vanilla. But we will see.

I’m just guessing…but, unless they consolidate/merge the Forever servers…your server will be a ghost town.