Why all the hate for twinks?

Jugga, I agree with you on most topics but I think you’re on the wrong side of this one.

Unlike endgame pvp where exploding the ocassional fresh 120 happens in random BG’s but most players are on a roughly level playing field, low level BG’s are a broken mess where that is the norm in almost every single match. Twinking, for the vast majority of players who do it, is a means to delete people who are undergeared and underleveled.

It’s very different from end game PVP where everyone is at 120 and there are matchmaking mechanics and different brackets and game types available depending on your level of commitment

With twinking there are no rated matches. There are no arenas. It’s just lord of the flies 24/7.

Twinks are more than welcome to have their own bracket for exp off. More power to the 5% of them whose true desire is to maximize their proficiency with a different set of tools and limited gearing options.

What should not happen, is any scenario where competitive, and dare I say, “fun”, pvp is essentially unavailable for anyone until they hit level 120.

Here’s a bit of *mild* hyperbole to end with

Twinking is more akin to cyber bullying than it is to true competition
10/31/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Erelir
“You don’t have to play it” isn’t justification for content to be terrible. Twinks exacerbate balance issues that were bad enough without them.

Yes, they were messy before. Further ruining them by allowing twinks to run everyone over actually doesn’t help the issue, believe it or not.

That's why I still vote on splitting the queues again. It helped everyone.

10/31/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Crowsfeet
Like I've said in previous threads, I'm a former twink enthusiast, like extremely recently. I was actually leveling a new character through BGs in BfA with the intentions to twink it, and what I observed from doing about 50 BGs from 10-60ish was enough to completely ruin the thoughts and feelings of twinking I've had for the past ~8 years. I was leveling a disc priest with full BoAs and elemental force & mark of the hidden satyr (the basic staples). Terrible experience. Leveling as horde I had I think a 60%+ winrate (i'd have to check stats) but what I saw was pretty sad.

Some of the same twinks I see in these threads used to patrol their respective twink threads back in WoD when brackets were separated and everyone had to participate in a larger group community to get games to pop. They'd publicly chastise twinks in their own bracket about the use of broken/OP items, builds, fotm specs etc, because it was toxic to the bracket and in many cases actually stopped games from popping for the majority of the expansion. Now they're here saying "lolOLol salt why u mad LolOLl farm u l8rr" when they used to cry about being out-cheesed by stronger fotm twinks in WoD. Some of the ones who used to cry out over broken/OP items were recently banned for using iL 180 items that were briefly obtainable from rare spawns in BfA zones. There is no longer any merit to the "we farmed hundreds of hours for our charged gear / emmisary cuffs / dark iron ring / black venom blade etc, we dedicated countless hours min-maxing a theorycrafted build, we don't want to be on a gear treadmill" statements, I've been present in all iterations of twinking over the years and the competitive community is dead. It's only losers farming levelers for miniscule hits of dopamine that they aren't getting elsewhere.

I don't like hypocrites either. I've seen some of the same people in these threads claim one thing but actually demonstrate the opposite in-game. When asked about it, they can't even be slightly honest. Replies like you mentioned are the norm. If you want an aspect of the game you treasure to be taken with any shred of seriousness, don't reply with even 1/4 of the things you do.
10/31/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Grim
Jugga, I agree with you on most topics but I think you’re on the wrong side of this one.

Unlike endgame pvp where exploding the ocassional fresh 120 happens in random BG’s but most players are on a roughly level playing field, low level BG’s are a broken mess where that is the norm in almost every single match. Twinking, for the vast majority of players who do it, is a means to delete people who are undergeared and underleveled.

It’s very different from end game PVP where everyone is at 120 and there are matchmaking mechanics and different brackets and game types available depending on your level of commitment

With twinking there are no rated matches. There are no arenas. It’s just lord of the flies 24/7.

Twinks are more than welcome to have their own bracket for exp off. More power to the 5% of them whose true desire is to maximize their proficiency with a different set of tools and limited gearing options.

What should not happen, is any scenario where competitive, and dare I say, “fun”, pvp is essentially unavailable for anyone until they hit level 120.

Here’s a bit of *mild* hyperbole to end with

Twinking is more akin to cyber bullying than it is to true competition
Low level Bgs have been complained about for years with Twinks not even being there. I don’t see more complaints now than when Twinks weren’t there for the years where they were removed.
10/31/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Jugajr
Low level Bgs have been complained about for years with Twinks not even being there. I don’t see more complaints now than when Twinks weren’t there for the years where they were removed.

We already established that petty squabbles and valid complaints are not the same thing. Then again, complainers picked the low-hanging fruit.
10/31/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Greyhide
10/31/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Jugajr

We already established that petty squabbles and valid complaints are not the same thing. Then again, complainers picked the low-hanging fruit.
No one is stopping you from gearing up since you know “Twinks are unbeatable.”
10/31/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Jugajr
No one is stopping you from gearing up since you know “Twinks are unbeatable.”

What does any of that have to do with what I said? Are you replying to the right person?
“Valid complaints” about Twinks would be solved by gearing up.
10/31/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Grim
Unlike endgame pvp where exploding the ocassional fresh 120 happens in random BG’s but most players are on a roughly level playing field

10/29/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Willybrown
10/22/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Willybrown

Here are some images to compare the stat differences within the 39 bracket.
This system is the same all the way up the lower brackets.
https://imgur.com/a/jKMmGJF
Notice the tiny increment of stats?

Here is another image comparing some 120 stat differences.
https://imgur.com/a/nuGsrLQ
Interesting stat difference here.

The gearing system for lower levels is amazingly balanced as the numbers show.
Overtuned items, gems, specs are a separate argument, which Blizzard needs to address. And yet all of the above are easy to obtain by any active player.

Fact: Gearing is indeed at its most balanced mathematically for lower levels.

The "Level playing field" is based on balanced stats/gear/items, with accessibility for all.
You can clearly look and compare the power creep within gear between lower levels and 120 .
120 has a much higher stat difference in entry level stats vs best in slot pieces.

Do not forget BFA "Magic scaling" is there from 10-120 within instanced PVP.
10/31/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Jugajr
“Valid complaints” about Twinks would be solved by gearing up.

Unfortunately, this goes way beyond that. That's like putting a bandaid on an amputation.
Seems silly to me for a twink to be higher than 60.
You know what rolls down hill.

The Scumlords of the rated brackets don't like/care about the Scrublords of the random scene. We in turn don't care about the Rinkydink-Twinkydinks of the low level brackets.

It rolls down hill and you live at the bottom OP. Sorry, that's life.
This twink thread is mainstream now.
Are you all enjoying BFA with the rest of us?
I don't hate twinks. It's just that they are cheesey/lame when what it comes down to is they overpower through spec & gear rather than any amount of actual skill - importantly: not at all unlike how max level gearing (having to raid/rated) works!

However, creating a twink is maybe the one way anybody is free to be overpowered - and thus have extra fun - without being max level. So because of that, I am OK with twinking for folks who have no interest in the raiding or rated crap that blizz tries to force everyone into.
Imagine crying about twinks ruining your casual play, but its the exact same at max lvl because any person stacked with m+ 10 gear will be rolling your toon still wearing questing greens.

Delicious tears.

Please continue on how I'm ruining your playing experience :)
10/31/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Feelthewrath
Imagine crying about twinks ruining your casual play

Imagine having multiple posts of yours publicly displayed through numerous "60's thread #200something" where you publicly cry (and personally attack players) about things such as Bonus Armor, Rammstein's Trinket, one-hand fury bug, and more. It's not fine or okay when stronger fotm things beat you in a twink-exclusive bracket, but now that you get neet-dopamine from premading into levelers you get to chastise people who claim unfair? sad.
10/31/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Crowsfeet
neet

I continue to see this reference to players supposed real life activities/social hierarchy based classification.
Resorting to real life insults within an in-game debate, over and over.

You lost at World of Warcraft.
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us, only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people living life in peace
You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
10/31/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Willybrown
neet

I continue to see this reference to players supposed real life activities/social hierarchy based classification.
Resorting to real life insults within an in-game debate, over and over.

You lost at World of Warcraft.

I know some of the twinks who are legit neets, some who haven't been employed through most or all of 2018, living off of the government or mooching off their SO yet playing WoW a l l d a y. I explained my theory that the current state of twinking is so unrewardingly-boring that you'd need to have such low levels of stimuli to continually do it; only satisfactory to neets and/or Stockholm Syndrome players. True neets stay ignorant to reality :)
10/31/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Blastazzar
When you lose to another player, which will happen regardless of your skill/gear level, there are two distinct ways to respond. Either feel bad and blame the loss on their gear was OP, their class was OP, your class is UP, they're a twink, etc... or look at them and think "i want to get that skilled/geared so I can come back and beat them" and then look at your talents/gear/gameplay and improve it

Exactly.

1st response is that of a loser
2nd is that of a winner

Guess which type the whiners in these salty-anti twink threads are?

Also, if they removed twinks, that would never stop the crybaby losers that cry about twinks.

Why do they cry?
It is their nature.
The better question is "What is worth crying for?"
-Chen Pwnstout 2012

10/31/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Jugajr
10/31/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Greyhide
Don't misconstrue petty complaints with ones that held merit.

You mean like leveling through BGs which you can 100% avoid?

rekt
about things such as Bonus Armor

Nope.

Rammstein's Trinket

Because it's busted AF, im over it now.

one-hand fury bug

Never complained about that as I rarely played 60 during the time, was in the raid game mainly.

but now that you get neet-dopamine from premading into levelers you get to chastise people who claim unfair? sad.

Kids crying because blizzard grand idea was to add gear mattering in pvp now, get that through your thick skull idiot, and thinking its the twinks fault, you want all this fixed then have them revert back to templates.

Damn, look at that. I solved the problem you guys couldnt in 3 threads.

10/31/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Feelthewrath
Please continue on how I'm ruining your playing experience :)