Why all the hate for twinks?

10/31/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Crowsfeet
There is no longer any merit to the "we farmed hundreds of hours for our

Where has the merit gone for you?
10/31/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Crowsfeet
I'm a twink player myself and I'm just giving my honest observation of what it's become

It's low level BGs. They have ALWAYS been complained about for years since twinks were removed.
10/31/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Jugajr
I'm a twink player myself and I'm just giving my honest observation of what it's become

It's low level BGs. They have ALWAYS been complained about for years since twinks were removed.

no kidding. This isn't another opened can of worms like trying to "balance" all low level brackets, that's an impossible task. The root of threads are about simply separating xp-locked players again, a feature they already had. Not an impossible task.

This buzz is actually really good for the game, it truly promotes activity.
Reading threads like this reminds players to prepare themselves before jumping into our battlegrounds in search of some easy/fast experience.
A little effort goes a long way.
10/31/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Blastazzar
10/31/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Grombo
It''s not like twinking is healthy for the game either, anyone leveling and trying out pvp isn't even going to be able to learn and get better. They get just globaled and have no opportunity to even improve or see what they're doing wrong.

Let's be real... anyone who ques up one low lvl bg, get's steamrolled by twinks and says "whelp PvP is garbage I'm never doing that again" wouldn't last long in PvP anyway.

I guess I must be the exception then.
I have gotten beat up plenty of times in Bg's by non-twinks, and still want to do them, still love healing them.
Twinks make it not even remotely fun or challenging for me to keep myself and my team alive.
They have completely ruined Bg's.
10/31/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Tianhai
Twinks make it not even remotely fun or challenging for me to keep myself and my team alive.
They have completely ruined Bg's.

10/31/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Crowsfeet
I've been present in all iterations of twinking over the years and the competitive community is dead. It's only losers farming levelers for miniscule hits of dopamine that they aren't getting elsewhere.
10/31/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Grombo
10/31/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Blastazzar
Let's be real... anyone who ques up one low lvl bg, get's steamrolled by twinks and says "whelp PvP is garbage I'm never doing that again" wouldn't last long in PvP anyway.

A few weeks ago I was queuing on a character and it was a twink every other game. I played 10 games on another low level character on sunday. Every single one had at least one twink, some were even groups of twinks in most of them.

The issue isn't "one game", it's the pattern of twinks throwing off balance by a large margin and making games unfun for a lot of people.

Exactly.
Played 6 games on alliance 61+ bracket. We get stomped into oblivion every game.
Switched to horde level 41+ bracket. Same thing.
IT was NOT fun in any way, shape or form to watch my entire teams get facerolled. I can't heal through 2 shots.
The one and ONLY game that was fun, was when a few hordes got sick of being facerolled, and got on their twinks to help us out. THEN the game got fun for those 2 BG's because you just never knew which side was going to win.
It wasn't 1500 to 100, it was neck and neck right up to the end.
If that was the case every game, then that would be OK, but it's not.
In my personal experience, one side is always over twinked, and the other has maybe 1, if any.
That is why the twink bracket needs to exist, so they can mongo smash each other all day long, and leave the rest of us to our casual BG's.
10/31/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Crowsfeet

no kidding. This isn't another opened can of worms like trying to "balance" all low level brackets, that's an impossible task. The root of threads are about simply separating xp-locked players again, a feature they already had. Not an impossible task.
Not impossible, no. But worth it to them? We’ll find out.
10/31/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Jugajr
10/31/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Erelir

Ok or, and hear me out on this one, twinks can play with other twinks and if they want shorter queue times, THEY can level to 120 where a larger pool of players is participating.

Deal?

Or they can just keep it how it is and you boost to 110 since it's so horrible for you

Or we can revert to the system we’ve had in place for years and they can boost if things were so horrible for them.

Are you just against change as a concept? Even if it’s an improvement?
10/31/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Jugajr
I am in no way a twink player but they’re fine. Blizzard offers boosts for new players now for the past how many expansions?

I don't want to boost. I'm not a new player, and already (well had) max level characters (before BFA), but I LIKE leveling alts the old fashion level them up way.
I'm leveling my first ever horde druid despite the fact I've had an alliance druid for years. I LIKE watching her slowly regain power and spells. I LIKE watching her develop and grow. I like rehoning old skills of low level druid healing.
Twinks don't allow me to do that.
I COULD do dungeons, but first off, I pretty much hate all the dungeons except for a select few, and believe it or not before this twinking problem, I found BG's to be LESS toxic and less full of hateful people than dungeons!
(Well aside from being on the losing side and having that one guy blame the healer despite the fast he has literally ran to the middle and died over and over. We all know that guy, and we all hate that guy).
10/31/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Erelir
Or we can revert to the system we’ve had in place for years

Battlegrounds were not designed as places to level characters.
10/31/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Willybrown

They also weren't designed to give honor. So I guess things change?
10/31/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Grombo

They also weren't designed to give honor. So I guess things change?

Yes they sure do, you better keep up with the pack or get rolled on.

And WoW is a PvE game too since battlegrounds were an afterthought that occurred post-launch, right?

Put a little effort into your responses.
10/31/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Erelir
Can someone please remind me why we’re catering to players who would rather pursue a mountaineous advantage over people leveling than play in a more balanced environment?

Catering? please. Over the course of the last few expansions they've been closing the gaps between twinks and non twinks and have reduced twinking to where it's no, and i mean NOWHERE NEAR as popular as it used to be. Compared to mop or cata the number of twinks has gone down drastically aside from the expansion locked and the 10-19 and 20-29 brackets. Twinking is an aspect of the game whether you like it or not and it isn't going anywhere. Some people like to twink to see how powerful a certain character is, other people like pet battles.

Am i going to be upset because as a fresh 120 i'm mad that someone who is mythic geared has an unfair advantage over the other people in the bracket? Lmao. If that's your stance then everything should be like legion except pvp like that was the most fair it's ever been in regards to gear and people still complained and !@#$%ed the entire time. Okay.

because if you take that stance what's the point? You're only going to level out of that bracket anyway come next expansion lmao you just spend longer in it compared to all the lower lvl brackets that you can get out of in a matter of hours and beside, there's still
"mountaeinous advantage" at high end pvp too, there's always classes that absolutely steam roll everything else at max

Maybe not at the start, but they are now, like it or not.
It' get's old and boring to do the quests, pet battles, dungeons, ect.
At least by leveling in BG's, it kind of used to be "will we win or won't we?"
Now you just look at the roster and be like "yep we lost".
And after getting GY camped for 5 minutes it's over.

Casual Bg's used to be a great way to level, and they still should be.
Twinks need their own little place to smash face on each other all day long.
But oh wait.. what fun would that be?
We had a twink last night in our 51 bracket that would TRY to hunt other twinks.. and they would see him coming and run like fel.. and go beat up the poor fools like us and do his best to avoid our twink.
Why? Because heaven forbid they actually had to think and have a challenge when 2 shotting the rest of us was just a way to get his jollies.
10/31/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Erelir

And WoW is a PvE game too since battlegrounds were an afterthought that occurred post-launch, right?

Put a little effort into your responses.

There are 7 expansions within WOW. 8 if you include Vanilla.
Experience off/separation for "Twinks" was implemented in 3 of the 7(8) of these.
Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor - Separate queue
(Vanilla), The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Legion, Batte for Azeroth - Same queue

3 Separate queues within expansions vs 4(5) one queue.
@Holy

As I said earlier, I don’t hate twinks. I just don’t want to play with them. Why would I?

I’m not campaigning to abolish twinking. Do whatever makes you happy bro just don’t expect everyone to be happily farmed by you bracket after bracket up to 120. Things were fine when you were just playing with each other (pause).

Whether there are less of you now than before or not, you’re being pitted against players who don’t stand a chance. That’s catering to you, not them.

Yes precisely what they have done with BFA.
Hard work went into balancing stats/items/gear options in order to be easily accessible to every walk of WOW life.
Toss in a sprinkling of "Magic scaling" dust within instanced PVP and voila.
10/31/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Erelir
@Holy

As I said earlier, I don’t hate twinks. I just don’t want to play with them. Why would I?

I’m not campaigning to abolish twinking. Do whatever makes you happy bro just don’t expect everyone to be happily farmed by you bracket after bracket up to 120. Things were fine when you were just playing with each other (pause).

Whether there are less of you now than before or not, you’re being pitted against players who don’t stand a chance. That’s catering to you, not them.

I can recognize that, believe it or not i don't find it terribly fun to stomp randos which is why i don't have barely any hks in the bracket despite having this toon for a while. The only problem with that is that all of a sudden there's not enough people in the bracket to consistently get games going against each other. So i'd be more than happy to go back to my own xp off/seperate bracket if they just gave us rated arenas. That's all i want, it'd allow the twink community flourish more than it already is and help with the bg aspect as well by bringing more people in to twink

Edit; Things weren't fine. People still complained about classes being op and such even when we had our own brackets. During mop/wod it was ferals, ferals eveywhere and they were disgusting with only just heirloom gear. If it isn't twinks it'd just be something else

edit 2: people do stand a chance, the casual or new player maybe not but just because i'm a twink does not make me invincible, i lose matches, and i die in team fights, 1v1? you'd be right no one can match me unless it's vs another twink but teams with no twinks can certainly win and can certainly kill me/have me on farm and i'm decent enough but for the most part it's unfair ye