Why all the hate for twinks?

10/31/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Jugajr
10/31/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Grombo
They just reverted the templates, but not merging of brackets in bfa.

There is still scaling. For example, max level BGs doing a BG right after dinging 120 I was able to keep up with some geared players. Can't imagine it's much different for low levels.

Fairly certain scaling is done according to ilvl. So if you have boosts that don't increase ilvl such as enchants/gems, they aren't taken into account in the scaling. It's not a big deal unless you're able to stack those things.
10/31/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Grombo

There is still scaling. For example, max level BGs doing a BG right after dinging 120 I was able to keep up with some geared players. Can't imagine it's much different for low levels.

Fairly certain scaling is done according to ilvl. So if you have boosts that don't increase ilvl such as enchants/gems, they aren't taken into account in the scaling. It's not a big deal unless you're able to stack those things.

I can't imagine it's different than max level. They have enchants/gems as well.
Players who have halted their experience gain should only be matched with and against other players who have done the same. Period.

I don’t hate you, I just don’t want to play with you.

“Newer/undergeared players wouldn’t perform well anyway” is a piss-poor excuse to further facilitate twinks’ total dominance of these people.
1 Like
10/31/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Jugajr

There are like 3 enchanted slots you can have at max level. Weapon, and rings.

Lower levels have shoulders, legs, hands, bracers, cloak, chest, weapon, rings, neck, and boots.
Boots, bracers, hands, and one ring are going to be the ones people with heirlooms won't have, and that's only if you have a character of appropriate level to enchant legs and shoulders.

Throw in optimized stats, that you're not going to be able to get unless you turn xp off, weapons with damage procs, and some little fotm classes. It grows out of control. Brackets with gemmed gear are even worse because they can stack those bonuses too.
10/31/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Grombo
10/31/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Jugajr

There are like 3 enchanted slots you can have at max level. Weapon, and rings.

Lower levels have shoulders, legs, hands, bracers, cloak, chest, weapon, rings, neck, and boots.
Boots, bracers, hands, and one ring are going to be the ones people with heirlooms won't have, and that's only if you have a character of appropriate level to enchant legs and shoulders.

Throw in optimized stats, that you're not going to be able to get unless you turn xp off, weapons with damage procs, and some little fotm classes. It grows out of control. Brackets with gemmed gear are even worse because they can stack those bonuses too.

pretty much this. This is roughly a 59 twink looks like and it's pretty disgusting lol
Low level BGs have always had their complaints with twinks not in the picture. Again, you don't have to participate to level.
10/31/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Jugajr
Low level BGs have always had their complaints with twinks not in the picture. Again, you don't have to participate to level.

“You don’t have to play it” isn’t justification for content to be terrible. Twinks exacerbate balance issues that were bad enough without them.

Yes, they were messy before. Further ruining them by allowing twinks to run everyone over actually doesn’t help the issue, believe it or not.
10/31/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Erelir
10/31/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Jugajr

“You don’t have to play it” isn’t justification for content to be terrible. Twinks exacerbate balance issues that were bad enough without them.

Yes, they were messy before. Further ruining them by allowing twinks to run everyone over actually doesn’t help the issue, believe it or not.

Ruining it for who though? A few people who won't be in that bracket for long?
10/31/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Jugajr

Dude, been over this. It's not just one bracket. It's at least 30-79 from my personal experience.
10/31/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Erelir

Each and every non-twink who wants to enjoy a BG between the levels of 10 and 119. You call it a few people; I call it the overwhelming majority, whose game experiences should matter too.
10/31/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Grombo

Dude, been over this. It's not just one bracket. It's at least 30-79 from my personal experience.

Sure and other people have posted it's not that bad from their personal experience. That's just how pvp goes. Even at max level, some people say they get in BGs where they are GY camped a lot
10/31/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Erelir
I call it the overwhelming majority, whose game experiences should matter too.

So level up to endgame pvp where it's far more balanced.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Each and every non-twink who wants to enjoy a BG between the levels of 10 and 119. You call it a few people; I call it the overwhelming majority, whose game experiences should matter too.
I am not seeing this overwhelming majority I am only seeing 4 people specifically
10/31/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Jugajr
I call it the overwhelming majority, whose game experiences should matter too.

Ok or, and hear me out on this one, twinks can play with other twinks and if they want shorter queue times, THEY can level to 120 where a larger pool of players is participating.

Deal?

Yes, it is the same "Magic scaling" system from 10-120 within instanced PVP.

In BFA Blizzard has implemented the most mathematically/statistically balanced gearing system ever, in the history of World of Warcraft. The power creep is completely fine tuned to allow any active player to be viable within the brackets
x1-x9
10/25/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Willybrown
10/22/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Willybrown

Here are some images to compare the stat differences within the 39 bracket.
This system is the same all the way up the lower brackets.
https://imgur.com/a/jKMmGJF
Notice the tiny increment of stats?

Here is another image comparing some 120 stat differences.
https://imgur.com/a/nuGsrLQ
Interesting stat difference here.

The gearing system for lower levels is amazingly balanced as the numbers show.
Overtuned items, gems, specs are a separate argument, which Blizzard needs to address. And yet all of the above are easy to obtain by any active player.

Fact: Gearing is indeed at its most balanced mathematically for lower levels.

Compare for science.
Can someone please remind me why we’re catering to players who would rather pursue a mountaineous advantage over people leveling than play in a more balanced environment?
10/31/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Erelir
10/31/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Jugajr

Ok or, and hear me out on this one, twinks can play with other twinks and if they want shorter queue times, THEY can level to 120 where a larger pool of players is participating.

Deal?

Or they can just keep it how it is and you boost to 110 since it's so horrible for you
10/31/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Grombo

Like I've said in previous threads, I'm a former twink enthusiast, like extremely recently. I was actually leveling a new character through BGs in BfA with the intentions to twink it, and what I observed from doing about 50 BGs from 10-60ish was enough to completely ruin the thoughts and feelings of twinking I've had for the past ~8 years. I was leveling a disc priest with full BoAs and elemental force & mark of the hidden satyr (the basic staples). Terrible experience. Leveling as horde I had I think a 60%+ winrate (i'd have to check stats) but what I saw was pretty sad.

Some of the same twinks I see in these threads used to patrol their respective twink threads back in WoD when brackets were separated and everyone had to participate in a larger group community to get games to pop. They'd publicly chastise twinks in their own bracket about the use of broken/OP items, builds, fotm specs etc, because it was toxic to the bracket and in many cases actually stopped games from popping for the majority of the expansion. Now they're here saying "lolOLol salt why u mad LolOLl farm u l8rr" when they used to cry about being out-cheesed by stronger fotm twinks in WoD. Some of the ones who used to cry out over broken/OP items were recently banned for using iL 180 items that were briefly obtainable from rare spawns in BfA zones. There is no longer any merit to the "we farmed hundreds of hours for our charged gear / emmisary cuffs / dark iron ring / black venom blade etc, we dedicated countless hours min-maxing a theorycrafted build, we don't want to be on a gear treadmill" statements, I've been present in all iterations of twinking over the years and the competitive community is dead. It's only losers farming levelers for miniscule hits of dopamine that they aren't getting elsewhere.
Oh my, look what you twinks have done
10/31/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Jugajr
Oh my, look what you twinks have done

I'm a twink player myself and I'm just giving my honest observation of what it's become, in a thread specifically about the topic. What are you doing here besides trying to hit 75,000 posts?