Why all the hate for twinks?

10/31/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Jugajr
10/31/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Greyhide
stick to the consensus.

Okay I'll do the leg work for ya. What dates are you talking about?

Technically speaking, the separation happened in WotLK, before the forums change. So there is no way to validate his claims since the old forums don't exist.
10/31/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Myninja
10/31/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Jugajr

Okay I'll do the leg work for ya. What dates are you talking about?

Technically speaking, the separation happened in WotLK, before the forums change. So there is no way to validate his claims since the old forums don't exist.

This happened way back in Wrath? I have definitely seen low level bg complaints since then from levelers.
10/31/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Myninja

Why did you have to spoil my fun? I was sending a devil's advocate on a goose chase.
10/31/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Jugajr
This happened way back in Wrath? I have definitely seen low level bg complaints since then from levelers.

Yep, xp off were separated with patch 3.2

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/3-2-0
Well then low level BGs still had complaints, many, without twinks
10/31/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Jugajr

People complain all the time. Give someone a bag of gold and they'll complain about the bag. Don't misconstrue petty complaints with ones that held merit. The split fixed several legit complaints.
10/31/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Greyhide
People complain all the time. Give someone a bag of gold and they'll complain about the bag.

As the saying goes, give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll complain that he has to fish in order to eat for the rest of his life.
10/31/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Greyhide
Don't misconstrue petty complaints with ones that held merit.

You mean like leveling through BGs which you can 100% avoid?
10/31/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Myninja
As the saying goes, give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll complain that he has to fish in order to eat for the rest of his life.

I don't like fish. I'm a beef and potatoes kinda guy.

10/31/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Jugajr
You mean like leveling through BGs which you can 100% avoid?

And we go back to forcing people to forsake an aspect of the game. That makes sense!
10/31/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Greyhide
And we go back to forcing people to forsake an aspect of the game. That makes sense!

I mean, if they can't handle it, sure! I can't handle arena, so I avoid it. If you do a BG and find it's terrible, do some dungeons/quests and try BGs in the next level bracket.
10/31/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Grombo
10/31/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Oäk
Yep workin on my 3rd race atm the only bracket I have seen with groups of twinks atm has been 110 due to bfa gear other then that not too bad

Weird, because I've been seeing groups constantly.

Your armory also seems kind of weird. Says you're honor level 1 and haven't done any bgs.
I am honor lvl 429 atm definitely not 1 lol
10/31/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Jugajr
I mean, if they can't handle it, sure! I can't handle arena, so I avoid it. If you do a BG and find it's terrible, do some dungeons/quests and try BGs in the next level bracket.

Right on, man! Your logic makes perfect sense.

Last year, people were complaining in my town because many tires were getting ruined from all the potholes. Instead of suggesting that the city fix the potholes, we should have just told everyone to stop driving cars!
10/31/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Jugajr

This to me is one of the most ludicrous arguments for "twinks are ruining PvP".

Low level bgs have always been crazy imbalanced, no matter if twinks are in separate ques, no matter if gear even matters - even in Legion with its stat templates there was insane imbalance low lvl, surv hunter anyone? Remember back in MoP or was it Cata, when a prot warrior could one shot a clothie with shield slam? Didn't need to be a twink to do that.
10/31/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Greyhide
we should have just told everyone to stop driving cars!

Comparing RL to a video game. Come on now.
1 Like

It's bad from at least from 30-79, probably higher but haven't played anything in those upper brackets yet. It's not just one bracket that is bad.
10/31/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Grombo

It's bad from at least from 30-79, probably higher but haven't played anything in those upper brackets yet. It's not just one bracket that is bad.

And yet we have others who level through BGs saying it's not. We have Alliance saying endgame Alliance is horrible, yet here I am at end game Alliance and it's not that bad (some games are but it's not faction specific)
10/31/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Jugajr
Comparing RL to a video game. Come on now.

And that's called a "deflection."

Just saying what it says on your armory dude.
10/31/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Greyhide

Right on, man! Your logic makes perfect sense.

Last year, people were complaining in my town because many tires were getting ruined from all the potholes. Instead of suggesting that the city fix the potholes, we should have just told everyone to stop driving cars!

LOL what an absurd comparison that is....

As Juga points out not everyone has to do bgs while leveling. Hell it's not even the most efficient way to level up... really the only reason one does que up low level is they want to.

Comparing that to driving... you know something everyone who doesn't work from home has to do every day... is just crazy out of touch.
10/31/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Grombo

Just saying what it says on your armory dude.
armory has been broken for ages. I cant even switch char I post on either XD