Why all the hate for twinks?

11/13/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Ghostwarlord
11/13/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Zetth
Lewdingirl you seem to complain about this subject but just like most that do don't even PvP much. learn at max lvl before making a twink and you wont have problems and if you do, your not playing correctly still.

Is it just me?
Or does it not seem normal to have to get to max level before you start learning how to play the game lol.

Leveling up from 1 to max level is a way to teach players the different player classes/specs and how they tend to operate at a basic level then at max level honing the skills you have gained already to enhance your power, low level pvp should work the same way, but if twinks are all over low level pvp then its people learning vs people who have "skill" but wanna fight those learning curve people (I mean twinks were kind of created for this purpose in the end right?).

Getting gear for low level pvp against twinks is possible, but a giant nuisance for normal leveling players considering as you level through brackets you have to continue doing that cycle repeatedly which is far more time-consuming and boring honestly (and that defeats the entire purpose of it all).

low level pvp also isn't balanced obviously, however it does not have to be as skewed if enough attention is brought to playing pvp and learning instead of who has wasted time gearing for a 10 level bracket to get to actually pvp finally only to need new gear soon after.

When I leveled up my characters I even avoided low level pvp because of all of these reasons, I am also not some hardcore pvper with achievements who assumes the world revolves around me somehow; but it does not mean I don't have an opinion about how I can appreciate the game more and help others appreciate it more.

This is my opinion, so take the knowledge however you wish, but know there are many perspectives when it comes to an issue like this thread.

I didn't take time to read all that crap, but you get a better understanding of your class and moves and learn a lot more at max lvl. Low lvl twinks will have your brain stuck at a low lvl pvp mindset because i say 80% of twinks are trash. Go to 120 now do some arenas get a decent 1850 ratting in 2s or 3s try Rbgs and come back to low lvls and tell me it was not a good idea.
11/13/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Jojodancer
Rofl at twinks trying to pretend they're good. You do it to be seriously op. To say you have skill when you do it is comical. It's still fun to do but don't kid yourself and think you're skilled because you do it.

Ya your right luckily i'm not a twink and they get salty and just say mages are op. Always an excuse.
11/13/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Impalle
I have never seen a supporting twink post that claimed we are good.

You aren't looking very hard. You yourself called out the "git gud" comments. I've personally seen so many comments saying "skill is greater than gear" that it boggles my mind. Maybe not in this thread (I'm not reading through 22 pages) but those comments are made pretty regularly.
11/13/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Jojodancer
11/13/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Impalle
I have never seen a supporting twink post that claimed we are good.

You aren't looking very hard. You yourself called out the "git gud" comments. I've personally seen so many comments saying "skill is greater than gear" that it boggles my mind. Maybe not in this thread (I'm not reading through 22 pages) but those comments are made pretty regularly.

Indeed I did call out those comments, but still yet people saying "git gud" does not necessarily translate over to "I think I am good" maybe you can consider it as implied, but to do so would be to project meaning when it is not specially stated and noted. It still yet only attempts to insult someone to say they are bad, as an insult rather than support their own credibility with skill. I still do not agree with such a statement, but I see a noticeable distinctiveness between the two. Anyway this is semi getting off topic.

I also agree that skill is not necessarily greater than gear, but gear is also not necessarily greater than skill. Understanding your class and knowing the situation are many a times very important and crucial to winning a fight. If someone somehow got BiS gear without learning their class and faced off against someone decently gear the BiS character is not necessarily gonna win. It depends on all the factors.
11/13/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Zetth
Ya your right

*you're

11/14/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Impalle
Indeed I did call out those comments, but still yet people saying "git gud" does not necessarily translate over to "I think I am good" maybe you can consider it as implied, but to do so would be to project meaning when it is not specially stated and noted.

It's a farcry from projection. Telling others to "git gud" does imply that the person who said it is good. There is no valuable reason to tell someone else to get better if you are not in a position where you believe you are. If you did, that would just make you a hypocrite.
11/12/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Zetth
11/12/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Pepitho
I started a new character and I was surprised how bad it can get at low lvl pvp. Getting 2-3 shotted even with all heirlooms and enchants.

Stick to pve.

Was that an attempt to call me a noob? I’ve already been 2100 this season on this monk. Unlike u, I prefer not getting 2 shotted.
11/14/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Pepitho
I prefer not getting 2 shotted

I wouldn't say any spec/class consistently "2 shotting" anyone in Looms etc.
Arguably It could theoretically happen in any form of PVP within this game.

Some specs are just currently really over tuned at the moment.
With basic gearing (Enchanted BOA,Current level gear) they can easily dominate the charts, both the charts at the same time.
The real problem is the fact that stuff needs to be fixed/tuned to be in line with everything else.
11/13/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Saûced
I didn't read it, I just see you on every twink thread being a hater

it's not hating at all, It's actually correctly labeling !@#$ters as %^-*ters.
11/14/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Dranoe2E73AD
11/13/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Saûced
I didn't read it, I just see you on every twink thread being a hater

You should look into another aspect of this game that doesn't make you so angry.
Lots of other fun things to do here.
11/14/2018 02:52 AMPosted by Willybrown
You should look into another aspect of this game that doesn't make you so angry.

Pot, meet kettle.
11/14/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Dranoe2E73AD

Lots of other fun things to do here.

Calling a !@#$ter, a %^-*ter, isn't being angry at all. It's labeling something correctly. Again with the assumptions and inverted logic, this seems to be a common practice with you twink players.
11/14/2018 03:02 AMPosted by Greyhide

Pot, meet kettle.

I am having a blast at all levels of this awesome game. :)
Things are good!
Hopefully we strike some form of medium to keep everyone happy, currently it seems rather bleak for some.

We need a good swipe of the legendary magic wand that applies "Magic Scaling" to further balance the "haves" with the "have-nots".
I'm glad you're having fun, but you radiate more anger than I've seen in any poster yet you tell others they're angry. So you're not being so hypocritical, I recommend using something else like.
11/14/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Greyhide
but you radiate more anger than I've seen in any poster

There is rage, there is anger.
But it is not from me, too busy having fun.
I am just an adventurer using the best options that come my way in Azeroth.
11/14/2018 03:40 AMPosted by Willybrown
11/14/2018 03:02 AMPosted by Greyhide

Pot, meet kettle.

I am having a blast at all levels of this awesome game. :)
Things are good!
Hopefully we strike some form of medium to keep everyone happy, currently it seems rather bleak for some.

We need a good swipe of the legendary magic wand that applies "Magic Scaling" to further balance the "haves" with the "have-nots".

The only medium would be to take those that intentionally break the system and segregate them into their own bracket, as was done previously.
11/14/2018 04:15 AMPosted by Dranoe2E73AD
The only medium would be to take those that intentionally break the system and segregate them into their own bracket, as was done previously.

If you were more intelligent on the subject, you would know that this solves nothing.
The main issue is based around over tuned items/specs wreaking havoc on the masses. Separation will do nothing to fix these issues, it never worked.
Experienced PVP players will surely agree with what I am saying, as they have.

Would you like some reminders of what happens when brackets were separated?
11/14/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Willybrown
There is rage, there is anger.
But it is not from me, too busy having fun.

If that's the case, then Stephen Quire is just having fun?

11/14/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Willybrown
If you were more intelligent on the subject, you would know that this solves nothing.

Don't insult him, he wasn't wrong. When they were separated, the QoL for everyone vastly improved.
greyhide should just play another game where you cant beat by someone with more gear. hes complaining about a core aspect of wow and rpgs

even at the level cap you can face players with high end raid and arena gear. even with separate queues you will still face leveling twinks.
Where did I complain about anything? lol
11/14/2018 04:42 AMPosted by Greyhide
Where did I complain about anything? lol

every post you make is QQ dude