Why all the hate for twinks?

<span class="truncated">...</span>

bfa is bad though. cant stress that enough

you probably know nothing about the twink scene either. my gear is not even close to bis, anyone can get it from dungeons

git good and come to play, also stop crying about someone having more gear when its right there for you in dungeons

You lose the argument when all you can say is "git gud", you're not worthy of my time.

ok lmao

i dont need to make an argument anyway. im happy with the way it is now, and there is no news of changing it

git gud btw
Back in Vanilla, twinks were about as American as apple pie. Or as Canadian as maple syrup. Or as Australian as..... meat pies?! Whatever your country of choice's preferred flavor happens to be. I only made a meat pie once and it was to die for, de-glazed the pans with red wine and everything...

Either way there is so much flavor in this game with twinks being back. I love it! And no I'm not a 20-29 twink I simply need to level this toon up a bit lol.
08/19/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Valfar
It's so bad now. Everybody knows about the GY camp problems and the fact that it is an occasion to celebrate if you get in an evenly matched, competitive battleground where it really could go either way. Every time I queue as an alt, it's either steamroll or be steamrolled with almost no in between.

08/19/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Valfar
Heirlooms are the main problem here in my opinion. Sure it's great to level ridiculously fast after already leveling to max on several toons, but the fact that you can just faceroll everyone if your group happens to have more of these characters than the other is just stupid.

This is what was happening with separated xp brackets, check the date.
There are many threads/posts like these throughout the three years of separated brackets.
Some healthy balance/tuning would be the best option for all of us imo.
11/12/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Felshout

You lose the argument when all you can say is "git gud", you're not worthy of my time.

ok lmao

i dont need to make an argument anyway. im happy with the way it is now, and there is no news of changing it

git gud btw

Getting good is not staying lowbies for the rest of my life . Getting good means i hit max level and do rated content.
Getting good means i dont need to stay on a low level and no life farm my way to bis just to gy camp the other team .

Getting good means i play the game not sit there at lvl 79 or whatever for 20 years playing the same bgs for an eterinty and never progressing .

By all means if that makes you happy so be it but to me seems boring.
11/12/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Kitanana
Getting good means i hit max level and do rated content.

Hope this is your actual first season of rated content.

no life farm my way to bis just to gy camp the other team .

legit max lvl btw this xpac.

20 years playing the same bgs for an eterinty and never progressing .

nothing different from max lvl

and thats fine.
I see so many common arguments that I feel need to be addressed against.

11/10/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Moozikal
Being a twink is like being a senior in high school and going to the elementary school playground at recess to beat up 2nd graders.

This is just a game, do what you want, but it's pretty weird and more than a little gross.

I cannot help but see this comment repeated, albeit probably by the same person, but in comparison is highly up-voted(perhaps by the same person as well). The different between a senior going back to the elementary school and a twink/leveler is that the 2nd graders do not have a chance or a choice, they have no opportunity or likelihood against a senior. The leveler certainly does have a choice, he has just as much opportunity to be nearly on equals as the twink. For most brackets, as long as you have enchants on your heirlooms and current gear for your bracket you will have a chance as well. Just like anything in this game, you have to put a minimum of effort to stand a chance, especially in PvP where players are always to go for the advantage(I have yet to see one MMO where there is not gear or a system of some sort to provide an advantage(only WoW tried that with templates). If your going to be using heirlooms to level why aren't you enchanting them to make it the quickest leveling experience?

So go back to your own brackets and face other twinks. The majority isn't you who seeks out a challenge from lower level characters who have like 5 or 6 abilities. Sounds like some short bus rhetoric to me.

First off, while that might be all fine and dandy for starting twinks, you would effectively kill queues for anything past 59s, with anything past 29s would slowly dying due to lack of variety/community. It is not a stable "solution" . It was not before, and it certainly isn't now. You are right, we are a minority in upper levels, we couldn't thrive. So that begs the question; Why does that effect you? If we are so minor, why must the upper levels be segregated? While I agree that starting twinks need some balancing(damage is insane down there), but as the levels climb so does the balance(Heck I think it was always that way when gear was a factor, class balancing really effects damage of abilities, and low levels are not balanced for PvP, nor is max from the matters I've heard. They care about low level PvP even less, why would beginning bgs be balanced? It would make sense that it balances as you go up each bracket). I check the gear of every character at the start of every bg. Most of the steamrolls? Not a single twink in the group on either side. Twinks make an impact, but it is a non issue for most brackets.(I see people exclaiming against 110s? that is the most unbalanced bracket in the game right now due to the disparity of access to BfA gear, even worse than 19s. please don't use that as an example when it is only one level and only unbalanced due to it being that one level, can either extend it to 119 or level out of it two very simple solutions.)
That would be taking it back some time, years, to remove exp from battlegrounds. Where as just removing you poor noobs who twink would just be an understandable revocation because it was a one and done in a single patch. The only people who advocate for twinks are the hopeless who cannot play the game unless they have a major advantage swinging over the opposing player/content.

I see this one a lot, we can't play max so we need the crutch of gear to hold us up. I just want to see one response to this: Why would I play max? Where my actions are trifle in regards to the group, gear is insanely tough to get due to purposefully low drop chance yet still just has just as much impact, and it will all be worthless within the next raid tier. Where within a couple days, I know everything about every character and how little unique effects and interactions can occur? How limited my own character is? If we are so bad as to not be able to play at max, then why must we know and play our class with precision degree so as to prevent losing the whole game when we have the flag cause our character is deemed to be of highest defense? Or that we have to coordinate the attack against the flag to make sure we can cap? Or that when we go charging into the fray, we have to make sure all factors from the opposing classes are being taken in so as to time our cool downs correctly as to not allow our health bar be taken down as the healer(s) frantically try to keep our health up or that we don't go flying off the edge from Thunderstorm? Answer me that.

Think that covers most of the ones I wanted to address...
11/11/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Impalle
Really wanted to throw some actual support towards twinks, and the other thread didn't seem to gain any traction, so instead of posting my 4 page post here I'll just link it here for anyone who wants to my reasons/opinions on twinking: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769709504#post-9

Cheers!

Also, yes I semi-addressed those points in here but I'm being a bit more direct this time.

Cheers again to you all!
11/12/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Impalle
you have to put a minimum of effort to stand a chance, especially in PvP where players are always to go for the advantage

11/12/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Impalle
If your going to be using heirlooms to level why aren't you enchanting them to make it the quickest leveling experience?

This has become a rare sight to see within Battlegrounds.
After inspecting 100s of players (lvl20-lvl100 brackets) this weekend and I am not alone in the understanding that (90%+?) of players do not bother with any form of enchanting.
The observation is based on Bind On Account items, weapons especially.
"Let me get that ring and those bracers before I enter a Battleground." is another commonly rare thought process these days.
Could Legion (Template) allowed this many players to forget about actual character progression?
They hate the twinks because they don't want to work for the gear.

ok lmao

git gud btw

Getting good is not staying lowbies for the rest of my life . Getting good means i hit max level and do rated content.
Getting good means i dont need to stay on a low level and no life farm my way to bis just to gy camp the other team .

Getting good means i play the game not sit there at lvl 79 or whatever for 20 years playing the same bgs for an eterinty and never progressing .

Preach amiga!
Personally, I hate twinks because it doesn't show how good you are. To be honest it just shows how you suck at pvp. Not to mention, some twinks can 2-shot kill you and that ruins pvp for most players. Also the fact that you're going to get those matches where it's JUST twinks.
11/12/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Lewdingirl
Personally, I hate twinks because it doesn't show how good you are. To be honest it just shows how you suck at pvp.

Overused statement that's false.

Idk how people keep throwing this around.
11/12/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Feelthewrath
Personally, I hate twinks because it doesn't show how good you are. To be honest it just shows how you suck at pvp.

Agreed, I have yet to see one statement that supports such a claim. It is very rare for you to be two shot, and if perchance you are then you likely don't have the necessary gear for dungeons, which you should be keeping your gear up to date for anyway. Maybe the lowest brackets can use balancing, but enchants and current gear for those levels are NOT difficult to get.
11/12/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Feelthewrath

Because beating under geared/new/disabled people isn't skill.
11/12/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Tianhai
Because beating under geared/new

Not my problem, would happen anyway if you took twinks away.

disabled people

Far as I remember, a disabled guy was able to hit high rating successfully back in late Cata, so out that one.

isn't skill.

Define skill in your own words.

You have almost no pvp achievements, a lot of twinks I know are atleast 2.2k exp some are even glads on their main. Are we sure they're the ones that suck at pvp?
"Why are twinks hated"

Simply because people cant stand to lose.

"There is NO SKILL IN TWINKING"
. Its a game first of all calm down sir.
. If you want skill go to arenas at max lvl that's why there is no ratting in low lvls.
. "They suck at max lvl that's why they twink!" Or i'm waiting for my arena partner to get on so i log on a low lvl for kicks and giggles to waste time or i because its fun?
. "Your bad that's why you twink!" That's why you lost sir and its not my fault you don't got as much gear as i do at the SAME lvl which you can ALSO get?

Get over yourself bad's, Some of you are able to beat twinks as a none twink just don't know how. If bad's spent as much time typing as they did making up excuses why they lost they would be pretty decent im sure. Figure out your moves and READ your crap stuff stacks up. I seen Horrible cocky players. i say about 65% of players are NOT that good at all and the % is going up.

."Your only 2100XP" ok duel me... ok lets wargames... ok your cool? The difference between Real PvPers is that they want to go against players that got Arena Master, Glad,Rival titles. I want all the smoke i say your all bad and if you feel a type of way ya im 110 but get @ me i know how to play my !@#$. Get out your emotions and bring that Competition back.
I started a new character and I was surprised how bad it can get at low lvl pvp. Getting 2-3 shotted even with all heirlooms and enchants.
11/12/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Pepitho
I started a new character and I was surprised how bad it can get at low lvl pvp. Getting 2-3 shotted even with all heirlooms and enchants.

Stick to pve.
11/12/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Zetth
"Why are twinks hated"

Simply because people cant stand to lose.

"There is NO SKILL IN TWINKING"
. Its a game first of all calm down sir.
. If you want skill go to arenas at max lvl that's why there is no ratting in low lvls.
. "They suck at max lvl that's why they twink!" Or i'm waiting for my arena partner to get on so i log on a low lvl for kicks and giggles to waste time or i because its fun?
. "Your bad that's why you twink!" That's why you lost sir and its not my fault you don't got as much gear as i do at the SAME lvl which you can ALSO get?

Get over yourself bad's, Some of you are able to beat twinks as a none twink just don't know how. If bad's spent as much time typing as they did making up excuses why they lost they would be pretty decent im sure. Figure out your moves and READ your crap stuff stacks up. I seen Horrible cocky players. i say about 65% of players are NOT that good at all and the % is going up.

."Your only 2100XP" ok duel me... ok lets wargames... ok your cool? The difference between Real PvPers is that they want to go against players that got Arena Master, Glad,Rival titles. I want all the smoke i say your all bad and if you feel a type of way ya im 110 but get @ me i know how to play my !@#$. Get out your emotions and bring that Competition back.
cringiest post in this thread
1 Like