Why all the hate for twinks?

11/02/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Zirise
There are twinks who want to excel, and seek a challenge on the field.

Fighting lower-level players at a disadvantage in battlegrounds is such a challenge.
11/08/2018 05:02 AMPosted by Arlanos
11/02/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Zirise
There are twinks who want to excel, and seek a challenge on the field.

Fighting lower-level players at a disadvantage in battlegrounds is such a challenge.

If you managed to use the collective power of your 5 or 6 brain cells you'd come to the conclusion that there are twinks who want to vs and face other twinks and don't find beating down the easy nubs as challenging or fun. Lul
11/08/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Arlanos
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Why do you even care then?
We play, we are active, we are enjoying BFA.

You're not enjoying BfA. You're enjoying content that has been in the game for a decade. You're only enjoying reaping the benefit of overgeared lower level toons competing against people who are at a disadvantage.

That's certainly one aspect of it that's fun, but there used to be/still is a good bit more. I used to make twinks for farming old world or current expansion mats for gold, and back in mop i started a fire mage at 80 because there was a 80 twink raid group that consisted of 9 fire mages and 1 disc that managed to clear either normal or heroic dragon soul iirc

Also back in mop, i had a 84 destro lock twink which i did next to no pvp on, all i'd do for fun is que up for dungeons and 2 shot bosses and carry people for some easy experience, i miss it :/
11/08/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Goldmember
11/08/2018 05:02 AMPosted by Arlanos

If you managed to use the collective power of your 5 or 6 brain cells you'd come to the conclusion that there are twinks who want to vs and face other twinks and don't find beating down the easy nubs as challenging or fun. Lul

You are correct, however they make up for 5% or less of that population.
11/08/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Greyhide
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You are correct, however they make up for 5% or less of that population.

Where'd you get that number from fam, surely you haven't spent an extensive time in every twink community :/

Back when we could still do rated in MoP i'd say that number was closer to at least 50 or 60% because it wascompetitive, super toxic, but pretty competitive.

And those people could queue into other twinks if xp-off brackets were separated again. The only argument I've seen against separating xp-off bracket is again is their queue times would skyrocket, so apparently the people looking to fight other twinks is in the minority.
11/08/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Grombo

And those people could queue into other twinks if xp-off brackets were seperated again. The only argument against I've seen against seperating xp-off bracket is again is their queue times would skyrocket, so apparently the people looking to fight other twinks is in the minority.

Yes they could. If you read the other persons quote i was defending, you'd see that it is a minority, and i also stated that when we still had rating it was bumped up to maybe 50-60% of twinks, maybe more, wanted to vs other twinks because of rating. I'm not disputing that it's a dwindling number right now. I have stated countless times. I will be MORE Than happy to put us back in brackets if we had proper rating back.

Hopefully rated will bring in more people and make bgs pop consistently in the xp off bracket because i do prefer bgs over arena but i'd take the hit
Because they ruin the game for everyone else.

"We just want to fight other twinks!" became obvious for the lie it is when for years there was nothing but whining about how queues didn't pop...after years of twinks insisting they were a large part of the population.
11/08/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Idun
Because they ruin the game for everyone else.

"We just want to fight other twinks!" became obvious for the lie it is when for years there was nothing but whining about how queues didn't pop...after years of twinks insisting they were a large part of the population.

I'd like any sources on the threads of twinks complaining about que times? because i didn't see a whole lot and i think you're blowing it a bit out of proportion. So i'll wait.

pre allied races, in legion and before, xp on AND xp off ques SUCKED you'd wait 20-30 minutes for a game in xp on from lvl 30 onwards.
11/08/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Goldmember
Where'd you get that number from fam, surely you haven't spent an extensive time in every twink community :/

Back when we could still do rated in MoP i'd say that number was closer to at least 50 or 60% because it wascompetitive, super toxic, but pretty competitive.

I found some statistics not long ago along with statistics on several other things. It was interesting. No particular reason for wanting to know other than "huh... that's cool."

11/08/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Idun

I'ts not a complete lie, but it was grossly exaggerated. As I mentioned earlier, only about 5% of those people actually did it for that reason. The rest claimed they did but were in fact lying.
It was back during when brackets were a thing. "The queues aren't popping. :/"

There were always complaints there weren't enough queues popping -- except for the 20-24, which had a steady feed of free trial players who could get in at level 20.

Twinks simply don't belong in the game because of the harm they cause it. "But it's my preferred playstyle!" doesn't matter. Selling gold is a a similar niche population's preferred playstyle, too.
11/08/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Greyhide

I'ts not a complete lie, but it was grossly exaggerated.

No, it was not exaggerated. If anything, the number of people only wanting to fight other twinks was exaggerated. The reaction to the twink brackets proves that: "That's what we said, but that's not what we wanted!"
11/08/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Idun
No, it was not exaggerated. If anything, the number of people only wanting to fight other twinks was exaggerated. The reaction to the twink brackets proves that: "That's what we said, but that's not what we wanted!"

That seems basically what I said. For every 100 people who said they were only wanting to do that, only about 5 of them were being honest. The rest were there for any of the listed disruptive reasons.

I'm not saying you are wrong, please don't misconstrue because I was here when the queues were split. The endless threads of "omg, we have to fight fair fights now. NOT FAIR!" were cumbersome. I even saw threads like that made by the alts of people who claimed the former.
11/08/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Idun
11/08/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Greyhide

I'ts not a complete lie, but it was grossly exaggerated.

If you can link more than 5 threads about twinks complaining that xp off ques (when we were in our own brackets) were taking too long or they weren't popping i'd be impressed since you and grey seem to like throwing out random numbers without anything backing it up. Twinking is one of the OLDEST aspects of this game and it isn't going anywhere, people were complaining a decade before you ,and they'll complain a decade after you've quit this game. Sorry not sorry.

Edit: nvm, figure that's probably because twinks have our own forum at xpoff
Just kidding, i only twink because there are mean twinks out there who want nothing but to camp undergeared people..so i take it upon myself to twink and protect my casual noob teammates so i can help them get the xp they so desperately require, i'm doing y'all a favour :^)
11/08/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Goldmember

If you can link more than 5 threads about twinks complaining that xp off ques (when we were in our own brackets) were taking too long or they weren't popping i'd be impressed since you and grey seem to like throwing out random numbers without anything backing it up. Twinking is one of the OLDEST aspects of this game and it isn't going anywhere, people were complaining a decade before you ,and they'll complain a decade after you've quit this game. Sorry not sorry.

Probably won't find much because the separation happened in wrath and I believe there was a forum redesign after that which got rid of a lot of old posts.
To the 39s who are truely interested in fighting vs twinks we are starting a weekly wargame night. Currently looking to get more people involved with their 10 man teams and so far it's looking great. We are having an event this Friday at 6pm PST
Head over to the 39 forum on the Xpoff site.
https://xpoff.com/threads/prime-time-39-horde-in-house-weekly-wargames.81375/
Cheers boyos.
11/08/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Grombo
11/08/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Goldmember

Probably won't find much because the separation happened in wrath and I believe there was a forum redesign after that which got rid of a lot of old posts.

Ahhh i wasn't aware of that, that's unfortunate. How far back does it go then? Surely should still be able to get couple unless it the forum rework was in legion
Hop on your geared 120 and kill some noobs, hop on your geared Alts and kill some noobs.

Looks like there is forums posts crying about both, noobs dying.
If it isn't Azerite traits+Hard grind lol it is complaints about over tuned items or the mighty "Twink". God forbid you bring up faction win rate comparisons.
Players who are whiners will always be here complaining anyway.

Blizzard implements the most balanced gearing system this game has ever seen for lower levels and the tears still flow.
11/08/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Goldmember
Just kidding, i only twink because there are mean twinks out there who want nothing but to camp undergeared people..so i take it upon myself to twink and protect my casual noob teammates so i can help them get the xp they so desperately require, i'm doing y'all a favour :^)

I do this, I que up to get this 110 fury warrior.

He doesn't land a single hit on me and he rage quits when I sap him because he knows he is spending the game in the gy.