Why adding the OPTION for Undead DK's to use a Human model makes sense

I still stand by all of this. I think it would be fully appropriate for an “Undead Death Knight” to have the “Human” model as an option, but strictly limited to the “undead skin-colors”, and the purple Cultist skin as well.

Honestly, I’d still kill for this option. I’m such a huge fan of the Scourge campaign from WC3 and just the Arthas story in general, it would be awesome to be able to connect with that lore in-game, in the style of an actual WC3-styled Death Knight.

I mean hell, I don’t think a single member of the Ebon Blade (at least, not in Acherus) actually uses a Forsaken model. It’s not as though Darion, Whitemane, and Thordan are all fighting under the Stormwind banner; the Human model are just the more iconic body type for the Death Knight class.

They need to give undead facial hair options.

1 Like

Or… and just bare with me here… you can make a human death knight?

I think it makes sense as you laid it out, a rotten corpse isn’t any more or less a rotten corpse when death magic is involved

(Un-un-dead should be the proper term for these undead DKs anyway)

Honestly, I have been surprised that there haven’t been Undead models of Trolls, Elves, Orcs, Gnomes, Goblins, and Dwarves for the Forsaken. Not all were Lordareon at the time of the invasion, after all.

I hate to necro an old post… but as an undead death knight I’m going to. I agree with this 1000%. It would be nice to be able to use a more human model, rather than a rotting corpse. If Alliance can use void elves as old high elves that basically look like blood elves. Horde should get the choice of using more human looking undead, and the rotting corpse model.

1 Like

Human Death Knights were raised almost immediately after dying, so they display no rot, or scourge-like appearance.

Undead Death Knights had a previous death, and many were also plague affected before their second death, after which they were raised quickly, but due to the first death, they have a decomposed look.

1 Like

Maybe, but as long as there will be pvp, there will always be a difference in appeance.

I actually really like this idea. It makes sense lore wise that they’d be resurrected into undeath right away and not rot at all. They’d be like Nathanos minus the red eyes.

This would be a really cool option to see added. And with BGs and arenas opening up to Alliance vs Allaince and Horde vs Horde, the whole silhouette argument can’t really be used to say no.

Or just give DK cannibalism!

id actually love that.

Now that we have same faction arenas and BGs this doesn’t really matter

Bumping, because I still think this character would look sick AND be totally Lore-friendly.

1 Like