Why adding the OPTION for Undead DK's to use a Human model makes sense

I like the forsaken having some level of desiccation. I would just like the option for them to stand up straight. Their stupid posture ruins so many good transmogs.

I do agree, Koltira do belong to the Ren’dorei.

Or…. You could…. You know…. Make a human :joy:

1 Like

The Lore checks out. It doesn’t NECESSITATE Undead DK’s with Human models, but neither does it bar it. There are indeed many Death Knights from Lordaeron that use the Human model. In fact, I can personally only recall a single Death Knight NPC in Northrend that actually used the Forsaken model; the overwhelming majority are humans and blood elves.

Like I said, I would restrict them solely to the “undead” skintones, and ideally add the “Cultist” skintone as well (preferably for Humans as well). But there really is no difference between the two, other than “how they look”.

Your basic premise is wrong.

Deathknights, at least WoW player ones, are specifically champions raised by Arthas and converted into a DK. A Forsaken DK basically died twice…once to the plague and got ressed and zombie-fied just to later get killed and decided by Arthas/LK that they’re good enough to be a DK.

I think though that we’re going to see “clean” forsaken with models more akin to Nathanos and Calia later and will play a part in the story to heal their “curse” and restore their canonical connection to the light…giving us undead paladins and canon holy priests who don’t just self combust again.

1 Like

Lore-wise, Forsaken should now compose of members of any other playable race, just as an “undead” version of it.

Perhaps some day Blizzard will augment the character selection options to reflect this.

Iv said that sense wrath - undead humans are literally forsaken just a faction choice.

That being said: NB4 blizz makes this a thing but its a grind behind super duper exalted with the dragon dragon flight near the very end of DF or something… <.<

Like I said, it’s purely that, an OPTION. I feel like both their history and the plight of the Forsaken, and those of Death Knights, fit together beautifully in every other way. But Warcraft has always been defined by visual-identity, so having an Undead DK with the OPTION of looking more like a WC3-style DK would be kind of the ultimate experience, to me.

I like it.

For the Forsaken!

1 Like

Yes because red eyes is equal to a character model.

I think that’s a good idea, those chosen by Arthas with stronger tie to Lordaeron might have chosen to return to their people, especially since, like the DK, undeath twisted their minds in an irreversible form.

Cough Void Elves are a copied model Cough.

Nightborne and male Zandalari use the Night Elf rig.

Rig =/= model my man. Void Elves are a copy cat, nightborne and zandalari use the same rig with different models and even different animations in some cases.

Thank you for proving my point, so why would should the Undead get the human model because Void Elves got red eyes?

Yes, and if you wanna go the comparsion route, because Alliance got a Horde race, both rig and model. Hell, Alliance would still have a better deal in this case because the undead human model would be exclusive to Forsaken DKs, unlike Void Elves that can be a bunch of different classes.

You keep bumping your own threads and this idea is still bad.

No because, you would have one our models and two of your races using our rigs, whilst we just have the one model and the red eyes.

Those are not equal.

And the skin color and the hair color and eye colors, don’t forget, Void Elves weren’t always fake high elves.

Zandalari rig has way more work put into them that you can hardly consider it the Nelves’ rig, they just used it as the basis for making them, I don’t think they share a single animation.

The Nightborne I will grant you, however, they use most of the Night Elven animations.

Either way, forsaken human dk makes sense in my book.

Customization isn’t a valid argument, they share models so it’s easy for Blizzard to give Void Elves more options without any effort, but if you want to use that argument, then Blood Elves got several Void Elf facial hair options so :man_shrugging:

It doesn’t make sense because there’s no precedent for it.

When? Because I wasn’t given it.