Why A Forsaken Player Is Frustrated

It does not.

1. The Horde player can recover the log and keep it safe, making this interpretation iffy at best.

2. Genn says explicitly that they have no intel on sylvanas’ plans. This supports the interpretation that the Horde gets the journal. At best, this is a lore wash unless otherwise clarified.

No canon justification exists.

28 Likes

And yet the Alliance PC still has that quest. I also specifically stated that is how it starts on the Alliance side of things. (Assuming the player doesn’t pick Stormheim before Asuna, which is possible.)

4 Likes

The alliance one has to be canon cause the only reason the alliance goes there is cause they know sylvanas is there, the only reason they could know she is there is the log book, the book doesnt tell them anything more than sylvanas is looking for a power.
Anduin himself says we have to find out what sylvanas is up too, the mission is to shadow her and only attack if she does, genn and rogers obiviously disobey this but again, shows that the alliance knows.

Incorrect. Genn states explicitly they do not know what Sylvanas is doing.

16 Likes

The quest exists and influences the way Alliance players view the quest chain. I would have included the Horde version but I was unaware it even existed since I never did that area of Aszuna on my (Blood) High Elves.

This is the headache that comes from Blizz’s unreliable narrator experiences. And Stormheim is enough of a headache on its own.

2 Likes

It can influence the players all they want. The characters do not know of it. Therefore, it is not canon.

18 Likes

Yeah but they know she is there, and the log book doesnt really say what is is doing looking for a power isnt much.

1 Like

LOL something in the game isnt canon KEK

Ah the daily Katiera is unable to read post

15 Likes

Well you dont work in the game, me and that other poster are saying that tis a quest its alliance quest and it makes alot of sense that it is canon if you look at the alliance start for stormheim cause of what anduin tells you, and you are like Nope, horde quest is canon, like lol, you dont work for blizzard you literally got no weight over why your quest is more canon then the alliance one.

Simply because it is not supported by Gens actions. He displays no knowledge of the log and attacks simply because its sylvanas and he wants revenge.

14 Likes

I like the idea that the Alliance can fill Orgrimmar with spies in BtS but is seemingly incapable of learning of a fleet sailing from the Horde’s major port so they MUST have learnt it from the log…despite the report containing information not present in the log.

14 Likes

Well anduin obiviously knows, Maybe just maybe, anduin didnt tell genn what the log said think about that? His mission was after all to just watch sylvanas.

There was a reason to send spies there, and remember in legion SI7 was practically destroyed and dealing with the rogue class hall.

Except it is cannon. Because mild dungeon groups & raiding parties are influenced into the lore from the game - for major change towards the evolution of events – They’re referenced in the Chronicles Series, which time to time even states which Faction-raid/dungeon was cannon for achieving.

Honestly, with the Forsaken I’d like if they could build a ‘Council’ of sorts; with each council member holding each their own ideals of what they represent / who they are or what they stand for. Mildly like the Shadowlands ordeal where there’s different realms with different aspects, but all under one roof & faction - Like Ironforge’s rule.

I feel this way atleast, Forsaken players can stance themselves or seperate themselves from one another in their respective characteristic-self.

Honestly I was a bit saddened the way Sylvanas’s character development went … I was hoping for the whole time for there to be some kind of plot twist - All the stars would align up & we’d come to realise what was done, was truly for the best despite how dark; and we’d be caught biting our lips whether the harshest punishment is even viable. The various colours of each side, and complications would come together to truly show a ‘Morally Grey’ Expansion.

Turns out Blizzard are colour blind, and Horde being Charcoal Black whilst the other is on the defence & offence to ‘Save ourselves, overall’ was the colour they intended … Again .

… But overall, as Blizzard also stated - we’d be finally able to see all of Sylvanas’s motives align in the next expansion; so there may be that mild bitter-sweetness, though I guess time will tell.

As Nozdormu says:
“Time is a tangled web. Try not to dwell on all the loose ends.”

4 Likes

Yeah the loss of those 5 people in SI:7 was so devastating, it will be a long time before they recov- oh wait they’re fine and undergoing major worldwide operations pre-BFA.

Simply put the assumption that they must have learned from the log (despite the information not matching up 1:1) is unfounded.

12 Likes

No one knows which one is canon. But, Genn says they don’t know what Sylvanas is up to, ergo he doesn’t know what was in the journal.

Either the horde got it, or it’s a leftover quest from earlier in development and can’t really be thought of as canon for either side.

Either way there is no support for the notion that the journal informed the actions of the Alliance.

7 Likes

There is the fact that Anduin set the fleet in the first place lol

This literally has no bearing on the discussion.

2 Likes

Jellex is actually alex guys he is the lord of canon, its known