Why A Forsaken Player Is Frustrated

Before the Storm wasn’t a bad book … But it felt strange … The difference between high elves undead and humans undead…

I really dislike the story in BFA… the whole war was pointless. It wasn’t something new … It was just like the whole Horde leaders were with changed personality… at the first event with War of thorns … I still don’t understand why Sylvanas wanted to destroy Teldrassil ? I would understand to defeat them and to control the Territory. No point at all . Raised dead Blood elves … Lor’themar hello ?
And the most stupid thing at all . Saurfang backstabbing Malfurion and after that talking about Honor !
I don’t want to start with the Night elves and 15 y old Tyrande and the moron Malfurion . Because they are plotted like this. As race the Night elves should be wise … the most of them are Old …
There are so many holes in the story . It’s gonna be so funny if in the end the Old Gods played with us or whatever .

Sure she loves them so much she threw them in a meat grinder such love. Love for sylvanas isnt love, she doesnt know what love is, if you read the books you’d know that.

So to be clear you are unable to provide any source stating that Sylvanas aided the Blood Elves specifically for emotionless purposes of blackmail?

FYI, The Blood Elves turned out fine, so much for a “meat grinder”.

17 Likes

I think her plan was to send as many people to the Maw as possible due to some arrangement with the Jailor.

However - a lot of her actions don’t make sense even with that in mind. Take the Battle of Lordaeron,

If her plan was to kill as many people as possible via a World War, why’d she very nearly kill most of the Alliance leaders? That whole scenario only makes sense if she was fully aware Proudmoore was going to turn up.

A lot of it will only be coherent retroactively which is just the story telling level we’re at now. Stay tuned for next expansion maybe more of this one will make sense then.

11 Likes

doesnt matter, she aided them and then blackmailed them cause they didnt want to do what she wanted, you know she could have just not done it you know, she could have been like oh ok. FYI the forsaken didnt do poop in wrath to actually defeat arthas, that was the argents and the ebon blade so her blackmail wasnt needed anyways.

cause if you read bfa she was gonna to exterminate the alliance would it be easier to do that with powerful leaders leading them or without them.

Sorry, on the subject of “Has Sylvanas ever aided the Horde out of selflessness”, the question of “Was this action selfless or not?” doesn’t matter?

Seems to me its damn near the only thing that matters.

19 Likes

It was a really dumb story idea anyway. Most of the Belf activity was through the Sunreavers who were working with the Kirin Tor. Who were definitely deeply involved they parked Dalaran in range of Icecrown Citadel. I’m not sure how they wouldn’t be involved.

Other than that it’s mostly some Belf NPCs in the mix with mix raced soldiers of all the Horde factions when you do see them. It’d be outrageous for the Sin’Dorei to not pitch in at all for a conglomerated force like that.

It was for no discernable reason.

2 Likes

It wasnt selfless cause in the end she used it for her own gain

The fact that they lost 90% of there pop and then had a civil war when the legion came, not good enough lol?

A later action being selfish in part or in whole does not then erase previous selfless actions.

Yes, she bent Lor’themar’s arm using her military aid as a bargaining chip. No, this does not mean that was the reason she sent that military aid in the first place.

19 Likes

No. They have people who can help. It’s the Lich King.

A. You’d think they’d want vengance
B. There is no sitting this one out. This guy intends to scourge all life from the planet! It’s their brand name!

4 Likes

yeah it does, if I give someone a expensive gift, and then something comes up, and go back and go like yeah I know I gave you that gift but can I have the money cause I need it, it taints everything it taints the exchange especially if its a person you know can barely afford it.

THey lost most of there people, out of all the races belves where the most endangered out of anyone, why would you weaken your allied like that, instead of letting them heal or letting them guard the homefront instead.

and again, the argents and ebon blade did the most damage. i dont remember any horde or alliance bashing down the gates, instead I saw the horde and alliance fighting each other like stupids in there airships in front of the lich king.

Okay so would BElf players have been happy to see their race utterly absent from the story for lore reasons? No. The Belf desire for vengance was reasoning for them enough to push on. This guy is what killed most of them.

Besides she puts the screws to Lor’Themar not Aethas Sunreaver. The Belf actually in charge of the Belf faction most directly involved in combating the Scourge.

It’s contrived nonsense just to make Windrunner weirdly cruel for no reason. Which was - pretty much her character arc.

Bad analogy. It taints it from the perspective of that person. On a more objective level, I’m sorry to say the laws of physics do not permit a future action to alter a past one.

12 Likes

Races are absent all the time, but tbh we wouldnt be having this arguement if blizzard didnt write a story that shows sylvanas blackmailing would we? they wrote it for a reason, non of the other races got stories about why they went to fight the lich king, if the story was never written I’d assume that the belves where fine and wanted to help. BUT guess what it exists, and they where not fine and where not ready.

Well you can flip the writers off for creating the omnipresent, toxic, abomination that you see before you. Now I just want her to go away and for the story to focus on something different. I’m tired of the Sylvanas narrative that’s now literally going 3 for 3 with the upcoming Shadowlands.

Like, I don’t know what else to tell you, even I got Orc fatigue after MoP and WoD and they’re going even longer with the Sylvanas plot. In fact, it’s making me actively miss Orc fatigue and similar symptoms because while they was at bad in a campy and empty type of way, this has been bad in an incredibly toxic and unfun way. As in, on top of the game and story already being absolutely unbearable, it’s also caused the playerbase to devolve into a whirlwind of rage and discourse.

Now I’ve never been of the mind that removing Sylvanas will fix everything, since that sure didn’t happen when they got rid of Orc fatigue, but I’ll be damned if I cannot enjoy that brief respite before inevitably getting drowned in more crap afterwards.

They’ve always been “allies”. Nothing about that ever really changed until recently with 8.2.5 as the majority have chosen to stand with the Horde over Sylvanas. But for the longest time, the other races of the Horde have always seen the Forsaken with hesitance and uncertainty, not knowing whether or not their intentions could be trusted and likewise, the Forsaken saw the Horde as a means to an end, allies of convenience. A theme further exemplified with the events of the Wrathgate in which Thrall sent the Kor’kron all over UC to watch and monitor the activities of the Forsaken. For even though it wasn’t Sylvanas’s fault, Putress and Varimathras’s actions still reflect on her.

I’m 100% certain that Garrosh wanted Gilneas as a port town in the EK, not as an excuse to diminish his own forces. He was a stupid and rash leader, but not that much so to the point in which he’d intentionally try to go to such lengths to get his own troops killed.

3 Likes

My reading of EoN was the vision Windrunner was shown was the outcome of the Worgen War.

Keep in mind the Forsaken Cata story starts pretty much immediately after that book. You are raised in Deathknell, and the Worgen are close to the border. You fight a brutal war, only winning through use of the Val’Kyr and Plague. Then the Alliance push in and are only barely held back.

Had they gone with Garrosh’s plan the Forsaken would’ve been overrun. Nothing would be left to stand against the Alliance. And the vision Windrunner saw, of the Forsaken standing alone, being exterminated would’ve come to pass.

EoN paints a disturbing picture for the Forsaken. They can’t trust their allies, and they shouldn’t trust their Queen.

3 Likes

The Alliance side technically starts in Azuna with a quest that has the PC recovering the captain’s log of a sunken forsaken warship. This reveals Sylvanas is looking for some sort of power in Stormheim. This leads into Genn and Rogers heading into Stormhiem.

The next point comes when you try to aid Ashildir’s spirit against a runebinder. The Runebinder banishes the PC and Ashidir to Helheim, the realm of Helya. You then find Sylvanas making a deal with Helya for a lantern.

On the Alliance side she mocks the PC for being Genn’s lapdops and on Horde side she chastises the PC for being in Hellheim instead of looking for the Aegis. She then leaves the Horde PC in Hellheim. The PC (both sides) aid Ashildir in escaping Hellheim.

The next point is discovering the Secrets of the Shield Maidens. The PC finds out the Shield Maidens are trying to ascend into Val’Kyr. On the Alliance side this sends Genn rushes out to confront Sylvanas.

On the Horde Side, the PC finds Sylvanas who can’t get into Eyir’s sanctum. Sylvanas then uses the Horde PC to assemble the required items and communes with the spirit of Ashildir to grant an audience with Eyir. Ashildir knows of the Horde PC for aiding her in Hellheim and opens the door for the Horde PC. Sylvanas then enters and uses Helya’s lantern to try and enslave Eyir to gain control of Eyir’s Val’kyr (The Golden Ones, not the pale blue ones Sylvanas already has). This is the cinematic.

On The Alliance side Genn has the PC do the same quest to commune with Ashildir to grant us enterance to Eyir’s sanctum. This leads to the Alliance PC and Genn entering Eyir’s sanctum to save her from Sylvanas, which is the cinematic.

In the end Genn breaks the Lantern freeing Eyir.

The issues that arise here are:

1. Eyir works for Odyn, who opposes the Legion.

2. Those Val’kyr are responsible for assembling the Valajar, Odyn’s army against the Legion.

3. The Horde player is either duped into helping Sylvanas by betraying Ashidir or openly betrays Ashidir by willingly fooling her into letting Sylvanas attempt to enslave Eyir and through her the Valkyr.

4. By this point in time the Horde Warriors have sided with Odyn via the Class Order Hall, so they are either duped into betraying the Order Hall or willing throws it under the bus.

5. Due to saving Eyir, an ally against the Legion, both Genn and Rogers can’t be punished by Anduin for the attack on the forsaken fleet, because of Sylvanas’ villainy they are heroes.

6. Sylvanas still has that deal with Helya who wasn’t killed in the Trial of Valor raid like first thought. She is revealed as still around and getting stronger through one of the Island Expedition quests. We still don’t know what Sylvanas bargained away fro that Lantern. This will likely be a plot point in Shadowlands.

7 Likes

and who gave her the vision? The jailer, who just wants sylvanas to cause as much death as possible? The main reason forsaken cant trust there allies cause cause they have literally given nothing in return, there is no reason for the horde to trust them.