Why A Forsaken Player Is Frustrated

Loss forces is less forces, every single valk and ally to them that the forsaken killed is one more less to fight the legion.

Alright well regardless of Windrunner’s hidden motives those were still Forsaken doing benevolent things so…

Like if you helped somebody out at work, then later found out your boss screwed them over, I don’t think it’d suddenly invalidate your good deed.

2 Likes

Well As Alliance when I kill forsaken in those areas they thank me for freeing them, I feel like they knew they where the baddies. The point is forsaken are never helpful or good without strings attached, and now that sylvanas is gone its the perfect time for them to do something at least for the horde without any strings.

Kat operates in terms of almost total Moral Absolutism, and is very opinionated on the Forsaken. Granted, those opinions really only amount to “They Need to Change in ways that make them convenient for me, cuz evil.” They will however never suggest or offer any change that is constructive for the race; and all of their “demands” are really just stripping more things away from the Forsaken.

15 Likes

How is forsaken doing something for the horde without any strings attached a bad thing, please enlighten me.

Uhhh, you sure about that? Making a deal with a raid boss whose namesake is also the namesake of HELL seems like it’s on the up and up to you? You never stopped and asked yourself “Are we the baddies?”

Goodness gracious I’m not even sure how you can manage to make yourself so delusional there.

She left you in the freaking underworld! And you’re on HER side!

Dude, she’s been like that since Cataclysm at the very latest.

4 Likes

Yeah, overnight… ten years ago.

That’s an ironic guild tag, isnt it?

4 Likes

As far as Stormheim went I actually enjoyed it up until the very end.

Yes, I was incredibly upset Blizzard killed Vol’jin. But at the time Sylvanas did seem genuinely upset over losing Vol’jin, so I figured Blizzard was doing their “tell don’t show” thing and hinting at Sylvanas and Vol’jin having built up a stronger relationship off-screen to the point that she was loyal to him and the Horde.

I also fully believe that is absolutely the mindset that cinematic was written with in mind. This nonsense of Sylvanas planning Vol’jin’s death is an obvious retcon to fit the current narrative.

So while I’ve always been leery about Sylvanas as a Horde hero I was willing to give her a chance, even if I hated that Blizzard killed my favorite warchief off to pander to the Sylvanas crowd.

Then, as the Horde prepares to launch a Forsaken fleet to obtain the Aegis and save the world Genn Greymane makes a massive scale attack that gets both fleets destroyed and cripples the Horde’s ability to get the Aegis before the Legion does.

Way to go Genn. Making my life harder and costing hundreds of lives in the middle of our war for the survival of the planet.

Sylvanas was even polite and cordial to my character for the first time since I can remember. Explaining how she needs to find a way to save her people and that this is something Sylvanas is doing on her own time. Sylvanas’ Forsaken were there to support the Horde hero in saving the world. Unfortunately they were busy fighting for their lives against the people that are supposed to be our ally in this war so I guess I’ll just go do it myself then. Fine.

I can easily see how someone could do Stormheim and feel excited. Sylvanas did seem to be turning into a promising warchief at the start of Legion. Even I was getting hopeful.

Granted then we reach the end and she reveals her actual plan of enslavement. That one made me feel used and lied to though the game didn’t let me react that way.

24 Likes

I know it’s not an exact parallel but when Magni was Crystalized, Ironforge was left without a leader and in turmoil, with the three houses all fighting for control and tensions were flaring.

It wasn’t until the next Expac that the Counsel of the Three Hammers were officially founded as a stable form of government.

I’m just saying that one group could lose everything and still come back even better then before. Blizzard can turn this loss into a moment of growth for the Forsaken.

Did we ever get some hard facts on what was happening there? I thought Windrunner was trying to strong arm the Val’Kyr queen to get the cheat code for unlimited lives. But frankly a bunch more Valk’Yr would also be of considerable use to the Forsaken.

I gotta be honest though been awhile. I mostly remember zooming around with the grappling hook.

2 Likes

Shame that sort of thing doesn’t off happen on the Horde. Thrall leaves and Garrosh goes nuts? Saurfang gets eventually installed as the MU Orc Racial leader in a tweet. Vol’jin gets killed by a trash mob, it takes Blizz about 3 and 1/2 years to finally get around to replacing him with the most obvious choice Rokhan; with about 2 lines of offhand dialogue in 8.3. In contrast Magni becomes a diamond, becomes pivotal for 2 entire expansions worth of stories; while his replacements are featured in several shortstories and comics.

22 Likes

I just remember walking in on Sylvanas saying “submit” while Eyir was bound in chains and struggling to escape.

There are exactly two ideas that come to mind and one of them isn’t likely to appear in a PG-13 game.

It has been a while but at least the impression I got was that she was trying to steal Eyir herself from Odyn rather than just forcing her to give up secrets. I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

Yeah this would be why I’m not exactly hopeful here. There’s a lot of real cool stuff you could do with the Forsaken but they only get used when Blizz needs another villain it seems.

Even in Wrath which should have been our moment Putress ruins everything and then the whole rebel Scourge come for vengance angle got completely stolen by the Ebon Blade.

Frankly I’m betting we get Darkspeared. Seems like the Forsaken would have of a bone to pick with Windrunner more than anyone save the Nelves but that was also true of Arthas and see above.

3 Likes

Got to love how adding the Dark Iron Dwarves don’t even register as an attempt to add something “Edgy” to the Alliance. :rofl:

3 Likes

“Sylvanas, though cold and rotting and icky, still has a lot of love for Quel’Thalas, still has a lot of love for her people, and identifies with them on many fronts.”

~Chris Metzen

21 Likes

yeah and? Wrath came out in 2008, you know after the belves had a civil war and after there genocide and instead of letting him heal, she forced them to fight for her and blackmailed them, such love. Sylvanas is always selfish in the end.

Pshh … MU Orcs didn’t even get to be included in the war against the Legion; so much for them being allowed a chance at vengeance for the destruction of their entire world lol! The BEs and Forsaken were barely a footnote in the battle against Arthas; with the latter actually serving more as an antagonizing catalyst between both factions. The Darkspear have no role in any justice against those that nearly destroyed them, killed Sen’jin, and destroyed their ancestral home.

Lets just say optimism is in short supply.

15 Likes

In all honesty, that was foreshadowed since Wrath.
Only thing I can’t understand is what was Thrall thinking when if named Garrosh Warchief. Did Thrall have someone whispering in his ear as well?

Actually, I really liked Rokhan in BfA. Seams to be an incredible leader, with a lot of personality (and I really think there’s someone brewing between him and Talanji)

Only after being completely ignored before that. Being turned to Diamond was the only thing interesting that ever happened to him (if you don’t include his daughter running off to be with his mortal enemy and his brother being lost in northrend)

Sylvanas blackmailed the Blood Elves, this is true. But the idea that this means her initial aid was solely so she could blackmail them later is headcanon, and as such, Chris Metzen’s statement still stands.

14 Likes