Why A Forsaken Player Is Frustrated

But that’s literally the reason why the forsaken are unreliable they used the plague after being told not too the rest of the horde sees it as evil and the books after cata prove that when even lothermar didn’t care about Sylvanas plight Sylvanas has always done just the bare minimum to stay in the horde that’s probably why players like Pryo knew that her being warchief was bad news and why stromheim which was something she did for selfish reasons rather than something for the greater good for the horde rubs people the wrong way( and she was technically helping the legion by attack odyn)

We don’t need bfa name one thing that the forsaken did for the greater good of the horde by themselves or lead by them literally can’t cause everything was done for selfish reasons while every other horde race has had selfless moments to help the horde

Blizzard agrees with you, Alliance Player!

The BFA Forsaken are trash, they retconned the Forsaken to have always been trash, and Blizzard hates them as much as you do.

26 Likes

And here we go again.
Seems your tiny brain has already forgotten the quests posted in another thread a while back. Here, Kat, let me refresh your memory (or what’s left of yer brain cells passing for “memory”)

The Fel Orc Blood quest chain in Hellfire Peninsula
Forsaken Aid, in Vanilla. Starting in Stonetalon Mountains.

9 Likes

That last point reminds me of something that I think forsaken players would actually like quite a bit.

In Heroes of Might and Magic IV, one of the campaign stories involve Gauldoth Half-Dead. A necromancer who was cursed with a terrible affliction leaving half his body zombified while the other half lives. In the process of this campaign, he establishes his own kingdom, wherein the Undead recruit the sickly and feeble among the living, then pay their next of kin for doing so. I’m doing a terrible job of summarizing the story, but I think it’s worth looking into as a prototype for what Forsaken culture could be. He wasn’t a particularly “good” character, but he was very pragmatic.
For example, his second in command informs him of a vulnerability with a neighboring kingdom, and how they could quickly blitz them and conquer them within a matter of weeks. In response, Gauldoth informs said kingdom of the weakness, to the ire of his second.

Why did he do it? Because he was a survivalist. He knows the first thing living kingdoms do when they see a hostile undead faction rapidly expanding is unite together and destroy it. In his maneuver, he put himself apart from the traditional stereotype of an “evil” kingdom so that other countries would not see him as a threat.

I think the loss of Sylvanas, if handled properly, could make the Forsaken a really interesting faction. It’s just a matter of how Blizzard handles it.

14 Likes

Nothing which helps the whole horde where is the forsaken big moment of helping the horde trolls led the rebellion against garrosh the belves done so much for the horde by taking out the thunder king and ashzara and bringing in new allies orc have always been at the forefront of every crisis Tauren had a leader die for the horde and brought new allies and now had there by biggest moment with baine

I don’t really consider many of the changes as inherently a bad thing. But if you’re going to tear a house down to it’s foundation- you better start building something new up.

The crux of my frustration is the Forsaken lost everything but haven’t gained a thing. And at this point many Undead players are dreading what they might give us as their track record has been awful. So we’re between a rock and a hard place right now.

11 Likes

They do need some sort of focus with the info we have now seems gonna have to wait for the xpac after shadowlands tho. Forsaken really need a coming to the horde moment

The Fel orc Blood quest chain is to avoid their Orc brethrens to fall to the corruption. The one in Stonetalons is to help appease the elements of said region. Should we ignore that Sylvanas, even with her own personal mission, sent an entire Forsaken Fleet in Stormheim to make sure we get the Aegis? Don’t start cherrypicking when you’re proven wrong. Makes you look moronic at best.

13 Likes

Aye, I agree with that, which is why I’m hoping Blizzard will do something better for them rather than as insane blight monsters whenever they need a faction war. I would recommend players looking up that campaign, because it was by far my favorite of that game (honestly one of my favorite HoMM games period) and it really sold the character well.

Non of which are big moments everything I mention was massive moments that even the dude bros who don’t care about the story would know about I am not talking about single forsaken or a small group I am talking about the whole faction of them vol’jin didn’t do his rebellion by himself the trolls where with him and rose up and paid a heavy price. Oh btw I don’t count Sylvanas going to stromheim as a good thing she helped the legion

Also there’s the entirety of the Ghostlands. Where a Forsaken regiment comes to the aid of the Sin’Dorei. As a Belf you first encounter an Apothecary trying to save a dying Farstrider messenger.

But for all I know there’s another Chronicles or whatever that says Slyvanas ordered them to poison the water supply or something.

19 Likes

I don’t count the ghostlands cause that wasn’t for the horde or the belves it was for Sylvanas to have more body’s to fight the lich king she blackmailed the belves

Uh, sorry Blizz didn’t write whatever it is you’re looking for. Not sure why you’re posting about it here.

I think the Forsaken have a good hero moment in the Sludge Fields but then Warden Stillwater is just back now I guess? Which - you’d think would be of much greater concern to everyone since he nearly unleashed a doomsday plague until Lydon beheaded him.

5 Likes

Send an entire Forsaken Fleet to acquire the Aegis. Nuh uh! She helps the Legion! Big brain right there Kat!

“I’m dismissing the Ghostlands and the context in which those event passed 'cause blackmail has been involved years later!”

So yeah. You’ve been proven wrong and now you just spewing left and right. Keep going lass, it is almost entertaining.

25 Likes

Yep cause she helped the legion and for all we know the alliance got the aegis not the horde and the ghostlands thing just proves that Sylvanas helped them for selfish reasons we are talking what the forsaken have done for the horde not why they like to do for themselves

Helping themselves I mean wouldn’t you want inshadowlands for some forsaken character to have a major role helping I dunno horde souls or something something that shows that they care about there faction can do things for them

Even if canonically, it is the Alliance getting the Aegis, doesn’t change the fact that she sent an entire Forsaken Fleet to help acquire it. Wether you like it or not, Forsakens are inhabitant of Azeroth, just like everyone else. Of course they will try to defend it. As for Ghostlands, Forsakens ain’t there for selfish reasons. Sylvanas still felt obligated to help them, still felt tied to them. Even if she used blackmail later on to help against the lich King doesn,t change that she genuinely send Forsakens to help the Blood Elves in the Ghostlands.

21 Likes

Blackmail and what I saw is forsaken forces attacking the forces of the warrior leader who was saving the world its the biggest forsaken fight there the corner where the forsaken fight the alliance is smaller than the one where they are murdering eyirs forces

Assuming Odyn would’ve cared is grand. Being mad because Forsakens, and anyone else, in fact, in Stormheim, is attacking the forces of Odyn’s when said forces valorize strength and vanquishing your adversary to prove oneself is grand. You,re a disingenous pos Kat.

11 Likes