Why A Forsaken Player Is Frustrated

Yeah that’s why I was happy when they said they don’t listen to feedback in the story but they obviously do at least enough to sideline characters

I honestly think that calia was gonna be the forsaken leader but do to player reaction they are gonna shove Voss into that hole now

1 Like

I doubt they’ll abolish the Forsaken starting zone entirely. It’ll probably be back up and running by Shadowlands, likely with Calia and the Rangers there as new NPCs. Only question being just how involved will they be in Forsaken society or will they be sort of “there” like flavor lore.

I have never before laughed so hard at that particular meme.

Maybe Calia will be the new “Varimathras” to Voss.

That reminds me. What was the Forsaken’s opinion of Varimathras? I mean sure, your leader had her own pet demon and that’s edgy and all that but clearly, it was a bad idea.

1 Like

I did like that I finally got to end him in Legion. That was relieving. I mained an undead Rogue back when and he was basically your literal boss from hell.

And I mean - yeah turns out teaming up with a type of demon infamous for manipulation and betrayal went even more exactly as you’d expect than you’d expect.

But then they said Windy did the Wrathgate so I guess that was more Just As Planned from her. Can’t wait till they tell me she planned to get ganked by Godfrey.

10 Likes

Oh, you didn’t know? That was step 34967 in her grandmaster plan to win her 346723876D chess game.

2 Likes

Which means the omniscient narrator for the Forsaken intro was wrong. I’ve been in a lot of fandoms over the years. TV shows, books, videogames, etc. I have never seen a company trash its own story integrity the way Blizz does. Never. Even comics take more care to make their retcons make sense.

13 Likes

I still can’t get over the retcon from Edge of Night. It’s a story written from Windrunner’s first person perspective. They’re telling me she’s making secret deals that are so hush hush even she didnt see them happen?

I’m kinda amazed the credits don’t list a bunch of Alan Smithees. I wouldn’t put my name on this ish.

12 Likes

They didnt say she made the deal then, only thats when the jailer took notice and they met

"Lady Sylvanas Windrunner tumbled in a free fall. Not in the physical sense; her body had been obliterated at the foot of Icecrown Citadel. It was her spirit that tumbled, lost, like a rudderless ship in a storm.

How had she gotten here? She couldn’t remember. Had she been killed by Arthas? Had she committed suicide? Had she been sent to judgment by the Val’kyr? Time was meaningless here. Her whole life seemed not a series of events but a single instant, a pinpoint flash of consciousness in an infinite void.

She saw only darkness.

And then she felt—truly felt, for the first time in a long while. She recoiled. In agony.

Here she was, her spirit once again feeling whole, only to feel it suffer. To feel once more, only to feel abject pain. Cold. Hopelessness.

Fear.

There were others in the darkness. Things she didn’t recognize, because nothing so terrible could exist in the world of the living. Claws tore at her, but she had no mouth with which to scream. Eyes looked at her, but she couldn’t look back.

Regret.

She sensed a familiar presence. Recognized it. The taunting voice that had once held her in its grasp. Arthas? Arthas Menethil? Here? His essence rushed to her, desperate, then shrank away in horrified recognition. The boy who would be Lich King. Just a scared little blond child, reaping the aftermath of a lifetime of mistakes. If any part of Sylvanas’s soul were not at that moment torn and tormented, she might have even felt—for the first time—the slightest glimmer of pity for him.

In the grand landscape of all the world’s suffering and all the evils of the infinite, the Lich King was… insignificant.

Now the others had her. Surrounded her. Gleeful, tormenting, tearing at her consciousness, delighting in her suffering.

Horror.

This was to be her eternity: the endless void, the dark, unknown realm of anguish."

Where’s that happen here? It doesn’t.

1 Like

nothing in what you posted is the jailers POV

Exactly. He’s not there because he didn’t exist yet. So Windy couldn’t have talked to him.

There are so many points in time when Windrunner is off screen. They could’ve put her communing with the Jailor pretty much anywhere and I wouldn’t have had a problem with it.

But doing this? Telling me a part of a story is there when it blatantly is not?! That’s contempt for the audience and contempt for the artform. I didn’t think you could come off as disrespectful to the concept of storytelling but they managed it.

23 Likes

That doesnt mean he is not there, he met sylvanas in edge of night

I know. That’s why I posted the entirety of Windrunner’s experience in the afterlife from Edge of Night.

2 Likes

Yeah and? Theres a satellite watching you right now, did you ever think about that

It’s conceivable that she met him in a state of delirium, not reflected in the book because she’s supposed to have returned without any memory of him until recently.

Still, not exactly great storytelling. But it’s a reasonable explanation as to why he hasn’t had any story presence since then.

1 Like

Or he took notice of her, like they said, they only said its where it started

“With a quick nod, he acknowledged the words left unsaid. To him alone had she entrusted the tale of the day after the Lich King’s fall, when she’d felt her purpose on this world was fulfilled and sought to claim the eternal rest long denied her. But when she dashed her body upon the frozen rocks beneath Icecrown Citadel, only the relentless hunger of the void awaited her. Though she refused to say the words, he knew her well enough to recognize when true fear gripped her heart”

Well she tells Natty Blight about it so, news to me she didn’t remember.

3 Likes

True. Apparently she encountered many entities during that time. One of which may of been the Jailer, who took notice and has been watching and/or manipulating her without her even knowing who he was.

Just a hypothetical based on other post-death stories. I mean, how much of what she remembered was what really happened and not just an implanted memory or a delusion brought on by the void?