Why A Forsaken Player Is Frustrated

A small thing that bothered me is that there’s a high elf dark ranger named Kitala Starshadow with the undead night elves. At first I thought this was a mistake and she got the wrong type of elf model. But she has the same appearance as Captain Kitala (a high elf dark ranger in Zuldazar). It seems a little bizarre that someone who has been undead for ~15 years is looking for guidance on her condition from Calia who has been undead for ~1 year. Honestly I dislike that the recently raised undead night elves even need Calia to shepherd them.

7 Likes

i think that jaina gives you the quest from the wind’s redemption.
Not sure what are the pre-requisites, probably finishing the war campaign.

1 Like

You’d have to tell me. I stopped playing with my Nelf DH for the same reason l don’t mess with my 3 other undead and Belf, goblin or orc outside RP - this is the ‘f you for trying to play an alt’ expansion.

Yeah I also noticed that. Good looking I was really confused who that was. The Dark Rangers have always been kinda interchangeable so I just figured, who knows, maybe this was a Questgiver in like Galen’s Fall or something.

I got a quest where we went up to Stormsong and Calia and Derek said they were leaving Kul’Tiras, but I didn’t see a follow up after that to see what happened in Tirisfal Glades.

1 Like

Well, if there is no follow up then i fear that this means undead nelfs for the horde.

Dammit.

1 Like

Well they talk to the PC and Voss, and Voss essentially says;

‘Hey you were nice to Derek. Please take this literal platoon of mostly Undead Nelves. Their one and only statement is ‘Undeath is cold even to those who burned’ so, I don’t know try some slam poetry nights or something’

Seriously the Forsaken humans in Deathknell are shook but of like the six you deal with most come to terms pretty quickly - outside Voss and Redpath. And accepting Forsaken stories come off as mostly;

‘Wow - okay - a lot to process. Do you’ve like a job for some semblance of normalcy while I work through this? You do? Great. I’m going to do that while intermittently screaming into a hole if anyone needs me’.

Which sounds about right.

1 Like

Yep. Watched Youtube videos of this. Just wasn’t sure if I was missing a quest somewhere or not.

Well ours was in the Banshee’s Wail (our ship in Dazar’Alor). Which I may’ve never discovered if I was not told on these very forums to go look there for the previous quest.

As doing the mission table stuff through your phone app is quicker than doing it in game. BFA - the game where I quit out of WoW to go do stuff for WoW on my phone because it’s faster.

Let’s actually try to be sensible about Tyrande going forward.

It’s safe to assume that after at this point in time (8.3), Night Elves in general are edging towards the endangered species line.

A logical decision: The Night Elves, realizing that they are at their weakest state in a long time and realizing that there could well be a chance their species would go extinct in the near future, try to lay low for now, still help out the Alliance where needed, but otherwise heal for later issues to come (which can be a bit problematic given their lifespans, so there’s no good solution here).

What ends up happening: “My team sucks so I’m going off on my own,” is essentially what Tyrande says. Which is very much a tactical error for reasons I just underlined above.

So essentially:

The logical consequence: Night Elves and Gilneans without their numbers would not get far on their own. Not really much else to say here. (There’s no word about the fate of the other Alliance races yet so that’s still up in the air.)

What Blizzard will probably end up doing: 1) Tyrande goes full super sayian and thanos snaps all the bad guys, because every important character has to be more powerful than Goku, or 2) Tyrande becomes a villain, which I would find quite unoriginal and dumb.

Alright I’m going to stop you right there. They’re not. From the evacuation of Teldrassil alone there were enough to overwhelm Stormwind’s inns. The Nelf population spill from the burning alone is described as filling every spare room in Stormwind with 4 Nelves a piece with enough still pouring out into Goldshire.

And that’s without considering all the other Nelf dominated settlements across Azeroth and in Outland.

Is there some piece of story that says the Nelves are being pushed to the brink population wise? Because most of this seems to be from players. The Belf story dropped their whole ‘We lost 90%’ of our population bit pretty much after BC. Population is a pretty fast and loose concept in this setting.

Meanwhile the Forsaken just lost their means of reproduction. So I’m a touch more worried about them.

17 Likes

While Blizzard calls the attack on Teldrassil a genocide they also give a very specific number (1000 I believe) in the pre expansion event, of individuals who could not be evacuated. Even if you double this number to account for villagers who could not get to Darnassus in time its a long way from being anything close to the kind of catastrophic event many posters represent it as.

Forsaken will now be like the Void Elves. More of them will show up without any explanation, and no character in-game will question it, and there wouldn’t be any answers any way.

10 Likes

Or she doesnt turn into villain and forgives the horde cause we know she is working with both the horde and alliance pc in shadowlands

That should have just been the explanation as is. The Forsaken were presumably most of the population of Lordaeron- which is a massive country far larger than the territory of any existing faction.

And as for repopulating- I really find it weird that just turning a human wasn’t something they could do. That’s what the undead, pretty much always do.

2 Likes

This always bugged the crap out of me concerning Forsaken lore. Necromancy is a thing. They raise the dead. They also raise it into varying levels of intelligence.

Why can’t the Forsaken just… Perform necromancy if they really want to maintain their numbers?

I know the lore tries to say that the Forsaken are super special intelligent undead and that they are hard to raise. But… We see an awful lot of full sapient ghosts that just happen by pure accident. They also weren’t intelligent undead when Arthas raised them. That was kind of the entire point. They regained their minds when his power over them waned.

So what actually makes Forsaken different? Why didn’t killing Arthas just create billions of new Forsaken?

Lots of internal inconsistency with WoW’s necromancy.

5 Likes

She Bowed to Lady Menethil, rightful heir to Lordaeron. She has just as much right to call it home as Voss does. Voss still has enough sense to know that she’s just a Commoner in the presence of Royalty.

But yeah, overall, the story just a bit “underwelming.”
Still slightly better then the Alliance’s take on it, which amounted to:
“I’m Leaving”
“Oh no. But I understand. Good Bye”

Someone build a guillotine, stat.

The Forsaken will introduce the concept of democracy to Azeroth.

27 Likes

Weirdly according to Dark Mirror, the undead could just raise new undead by ya know - biting them - like what zombies, vampires, ghouls etc. do in most interpretations.

"He stopped feasting and waited. He waited because it was his master’s will that he do so.

A moment passed before he sensed it. The unholy magic that had reanimated his own lifeless body now caused hers to stir. He watched in rapturous wonder as the corpse that had been his victim arose a Scourge, as driven to end life as he was. She looked at him, the fear gone from her undead eyes, replaced by smoldering rage"

And that story also involves the Val’Kyr, unironically. I don’t know why the Forsaken had to involve dark angel ladies I figured they could just bite people.

Not at all? The Undead Night Elves bail with Calia and Derek. Anywho, you ain’t missing much. The entire thing sweat cringyness, it is abysmal. Moreso with the Calia/Voss dialogue.

7 Likes

This is Tilgath, posting on my Horde main. I know what you mean about having the story changed from under you. My story for Malduus is that his loyalty, such as it is, is reserved for the Forsaken and Sylvanas. You could call him a Sylvanas loyalist. My reasoning being that Malduus made some pretty shady choices after being freed from the Scourge by Sylvanas. He did them in order to survive in a world where everyone wanted to kill him on sight. So no matter how shady Sylvanas got, he’d support her since it was in service to him and the rest of the Forsaken. He didn’t think she was some altruistic goddess that loved him and the others. But he did respect her tremendously for the work she did in transforming the Forsaken from depressed beings squatting in the ruins of their past, into a formidable power in their own right, rebuilding their lands to reflect their new lives.

Now all that is gone, and I have to completely reassess how this character is going to view the world and his place in it. Which theoretically is a fine story, but it’s not one I wanted to tell with him. Blizz is forcing me to do it. I was happy with his motivations and mindset as they were.

On a sidenote, I was saying in another thread how in terms of territory, the Forsaken are better off than the Night Elves since Tirisfal is mostly intact. I do have to admit though, after talking to the bronze dragon and giving old Tirisfal a visit, I do miss it. Especially Undercity. That was my go-to city whenever I had to leave current content to use an auction house. I can’t enjoy being there though because I know in lore it’s gone. Same as going to Darnassus on my Nelf. It sucks knowing that right now, instead of my beloved Undercity we’re stuck on a wall in Orgrimmar.

9 Likes