Who's the oldest player?

I'll be 72 in May. Any one playing that is older?
29 Likes
Whoa. I thought I was the oldest at 50. Good on ya, bro! This isn't just a kids game.
9 Likes
Hey grandpa
1 Like
68 here. Oldest I have run into was 84.

A few years ago, I was in a planning meeting with a bunch of senior execs around retirement age. As we were leaving to get started on our assignments, I said "For the Horde". About half the group replied "Lok'Tar".

We were going to form a geezer geek guild but started getting flack about having private meetings in game that excluded other members of the working group. There would have been no objections if a group of us opted to go golfing though.
23 Likes
I've heard about a few 70ish grandmas who've come into WoW for various reasons and loved it, as I recall someone even had a "gaming with grandma" youtube channel a while back. And every so often I hear of guilds and Discord groups for the 50+ crowd that seem to be quite popular.
4 Likes
Hey I know I'm by far not the oldest player at 62 because my wife is 66 but we play WOW differently lol she quests and makes gold in the AH and I raid on Caelestrasz with Dragon Millennium a casual raiding Guild.We have played non stop since just after the launch of BC in APRIL my wife's birthday.
7 Likes
Anybody here?
1 Like
My dad is 72 and plays regularly.
5 Likes
Friend's grandpa is a jew at 93 years old. Trying to convince friend to get him to raid.
4 Likes
72 this July, been playing since the beginning.
9 Likes
Oldest player I know of is 84.
2 Likes
Most of my guild is in there 40s-50s I know there is a few players in there 80s on my server
5 Likes
I used to run with a retired mailman who was close to 70. I am 47 and my wife thinks I am too old for playing computer games.
5 Likes
58 here. Haven't played in about 2 years but thinking about coming back.

I bought EverQuest for my young son and of course I got addicted. Then he got me addicted to WoW. For a while he had a YouTube channel PwndaTV. We've been gaming together for a long time. Now he's 28 and has a life.
5 Likes
08/03/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Myzzrym
I am 47 and my wife thinks I am too old for playing computer games.
Ralph Baer was 45 when he helped invent the Brown Box, that would later become the Magnavox Odyssey and lead to Pong and the modern arcade and gaming culture.

My dad was around the same age when he brought home Pong, which led to eventually bringing home an Intellivision.

And now here I am at 50.

Seems at some point it just becomes a middle-aged guy thing.
3 Likes
63 Here nice to know there are a group of older Wow players besides me. I’ve only met one other player (50) who plays other than myself in the 10yrs I’ve played. I love the game but sometimes it difficult to relate to the younger player base.
6 Likes
63 Here Nice to know there is an older group of Wow players out there . I was feeling alone in the group of players are usually hang out with I think their average age is 28 and sometimes they are hard to relate to but they’re a good group all the same .
1 Like
09/24/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Wulfangs
63 Here Nice to know there is an older group of Wow players out there . I was feeling alone in the group of players are usually hang out with I think their average age is 28 and sometimes they are hard to relate to but they’re a good group all the same .
never give in never give up the fight ( as stated by my good friend Toochy. Sound words to live by. Thx Buddy).
1 Like
[quote="207676408333"]63 Here Nice to know there is an older group of Wow players out there . I was feeling alone in the group of players are usually hang out with I think their average age is 28 and sometimes they are hard to relate to but they’re a good group all the same .

As a good friend of mine (Toochy) always says, “Never give in, never give up the fight” sound words to live by thx buddy.
Damn, you guys are awesome. I hope wow will still be around when I am gonna be around that age. I started playing wow since release and I was 14 at the time and now I am 27 years old.
3 Likes