Whos the biggest troll in the classic forms?

lemme get your trolliest of trolls for a roll call.

I assume you mean forums. I can think of 5 long-time posters (on both here and the Wrath forum, with a few only on the Wrath one) who appear to exclusively post because they think getting a rise out of people is funny. They all seem to be very bored with nothing else to do. I’m not naming and shaming.

Trolling doesn’t really exist like it used to in the past. The “biggest” trolls are dealt with swiftly. The majority of trolling nowadays involves people calling other people trolls because they lost an argument to them.

I can think of a few people that frequently engage in this type of behavior where they are quick to throw out the “troll” moniker as soon as someone pokes holes in their argument.

2 Likes

Bloomsday.

10 Likes

There are two types of players:

PS. Moo, when did you hit level 71? It’s throwing me off.

2 Likes

There is truth to this.
But the garden variety type are still around and don’t need any further attention/recognition.

D’OH!

Haha sorry. It was a little while ago. I thought about leveling up to 80 but I don’t think I’m going to bother.

1 Like

The one who spams :expressionless: every damn post has to be a troll.

2 Likes

I just assume anyone who posts in the classic forums with a WotLK avatar, a retail avatar, or a character who is not their main / not obviously related to their main, is probably trolling.

Which is like 98% of posts.

I would suggest that if you decide to play this game, describe people by their posting style and do not call them out by name. If I personally wanted to set the world on fire I would start threads like this and then report anyone calling anyone out by name.

Proceed with caution.

1 Like

^ Thinking like this is how I’ve made almost 8900 posts so far with no suspensions.

People can do what they want though. Good warning!

Oh and yeah and on another note, yes, I post with a Wrath toon that I started in classic Sept '19. So that’s all good with me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The fact he’s still trolling the RDF threads is actually a bit impressive.

2 Likes

Truly is… he’s got some rather interesting methods.

Hey now, sometimes I get a whole two hours worth of solo random BGs a week out of Wrath. Its totally worth it, let me tell you. I like totally swear cross my heart of undead hearts the sunken cost fallacy has nothing to do with this…

Vol’jin

4 Likes

There were some good ones when they first opened the Classic forums.

But as of late yeah it’s

I was frequently called a troll on this toon, but undeserving of the mantle ‘trolliest’.

The answer is quite simply Despitebeing

7 Likes

I was hoping for some more names so i could report. Im not mad, just disappointed.

welcome to the clown show
:circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent:
:circus_tent: :clown_face: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :clown_face: :circus_tent:
:circus_tent: :clown_face: :expressionless: :clown_face: :clown_face: :expressionless: :clown_face: :circus_tent:
:circus_tent: :expressionless: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :expressionless: :circus_tent:
:circus_tent: :clown_face: :expressionless: :clown_face: :clown_face: :expressionless: :clown_face: :circus_tent:
:circus_tent: :clown_face: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :clown_face: :circus_tent:
:circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent:

3 Likes

Well, that’s something that people still care greatly about, so yeah.

I find it crazy that the same people have been arguing with each other for a year over RDF, using the same wording over and over, for like 500 threads. I’ve got my things and I’ll write long posts but if I’ve already said something to someone more than a few times I just figure there’s no point anymore and quit saying it to them.

Some people also blame their forum “enemies” for no RDF and not Blizzard at all.

2 Likes