Who's more powerful in the lore; The average Shaman or the average Druid?

Thoughts? 10/char

steel, its kill both.

3 Likes

Druid

3 Likes

Any particular reason why you believe that? Genuinely curious

1 Like

There’s so many varying factors to this that it’s almost impossible to justify it either way.

On one hand, Druids have the ability to shapeshift and commune with life itself and the power of nature is formidable but a skilled Shaman commanding the raw elements is also a force to be reckoned with. Probably would ultimately come down to their specialization and their skill in combat.

I’d say the official answer is that they both have a deep respect for the land and it’s forces, so they would promptly shake hands and sit down for a nice cuppa.

9 Likes

I don’t think there’s a useful way to answer this.

15 Likes

It depends on the skill and luck of the druid and shaman in question. Though the average druid and shaman would be more inclined to work with one another, as seen with their focus on the Sword in BfA, over fighting one another.

7 Likes

Everything shamans can do, Druid can and does do better. This is only quadrupled down on by Nu-Blizzard, in which all recent lore content has either directly told us Shamans are not a true class, or shown us that shamans are just wrong about everything.

And then the one thing that should make everyone respect shamans – summoning horrible storms - druids can do, too.

3 Likes

Which one needs to win for the plot?

6 Likes

I main a druid :3

1 Like

Both “classes” may refer to many different things in the lore though. Are Tidesages Shamans ? Are Gilnean Harvest-Witches Druids ? Many Warcraft cultures practice some form of shamanism or druidism

Lore wise, yes they are. Gilneans developed their own version of Druidism in the past.

2 Likes

They were not druids. They used druidic magic

2 Likes

Just because it will piss off Dreadmoore I am going to say Druid.

7 Likes

Which…would make them druids…

1 Like

Neither, that’s why they’re called AVERAGE.

2 Likes

This is really hard to say, because there are so many facets to both how Shamans and Druids could potentially do things. Are we talking Druid of the Claw versus ‘Enhancement’ Shaman, or Balance druids, which really don’t seem that represented in the lore, versus Elemental shaman?

And that doesn’t even begin to cover things like each race’s unique approach to the two, where even the terrain would potentially be a deciding, if not THE deciding factor.

The only edge I can possibly see one having over the other is that Shaman can fling lava if they want, or have the strength to do so.

2 Likes

Its hard to say as mention… I tent to see it as:

Shaman leans more toward the balance between life and death and so focuses more on the pure core bones or creation of what makes life up that are the Elements… even channeling elemental powers with the guidance of dead ancestors and elemental spirits etc…
Basically Shamans feel more like catalyst of change (in harmony) in order to nurture sentient life and its effects in death as they enter the natural cycle of life with its elements or challenges.

Druids seem to go more for the Emerald dream and what it represent focusing on life, preservation, renewal and reincarnation… that includes elemental forces that help preserve nature and life, making death part of the life cycle to nurture life as a whole.

Yeah a bit convoluted but that’s how I perceive it, specially after the lore we got about death and its part in life in WoW.

1 Like

really now, do explain.

The average Creator’s Pet is stronger than either, regardless of class.

2 Likes