Who's giving me a refund?

I, like so many of you over the last 3 weeks, have experienced tons of issues. Obviously with a new expansion these things happen. I get it. It’s part of the game. However, the amount of time I’ve lost playing has now reached at least 2-3 days of actual game time, not to mention being screwed out of loot on more than one occasion due to errors in Mythic +'s or simply being disconnected. This isn’t even counting the HOURS I have waited in queues just to get to a screen that is black, with none of my characters on it, or even actually getting in only to be booted off again and again.

I have stuck by Blizzard since 2004 even with all my criticisms in the past and I know I am not alone in feeling the way I do about these issues the last few weeks. So my question is this; When do I get a refund for all the time I’ve missed because of issues on BLIZZARDS behalf? I pay for 30 days of game time and I am not receiving 30 days of game time currently.

I’ve contacted customer support 2-3 times already and now I am here after someone else from customer support suggested I post the issue here (after the copy and paste responses of “we’re sorry but we won’t/can’t help”. Makes no sense why I’d have to come here to possibly get relief for this issue, but here I am.

Am I really going to have to leave this game after playing since it’s inception because of absolute CRAP for customer service?

You are not gonna get a refund here on the CS forums. The only way to get a refund is to submit a ticket with billing.

4 Likes

If you want a refund, you need to submit a ticket with the request.

Not sure why they sent you to the forums, possible to make a suggestion. The CS forum is a player help player forum - nobody here can grant you a refund.

Generally, Blizzard has awarded game time for extended periods of downtime, but that happens only after the issue has been solved.

Basically, the game is never guaranteed to be available all the time. Extended login queues don’t tend to count for game time refund either.

2 Likes

While we absolutely want the game to be up 100% of the time, it isn’t guaranteed to be. The game time isn’t for 30 days of game time 24/7 for 30 days, it is access for 30 days while the game is active. Maintenance and other similar issues that can happen are factored into that.

If you believe you should be compensated you’ll want to post in General Discussion. Customer Support isn’t the one who would make that decision.

10 Likes

I believe area-52 is one of the realms available for free transfers off. The high population is causing that huge queue. It’s a tradeoff.

If you want to move off a high-pop server you will want to do it soon.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/free-character-transfers-closing-on-december-17/777626

4 Likes

It is. That server is HORRIBLE. I know, I was there for quite awhile. I started on (I think) Stormrage…when it got too high pop, Area 52 was created, and I moved there with the free transfers. I was there until late 2013…having 95% of the population on my faction meant everywhere had 10,000 people standing around and it was pretty much impossible to play. If the factions had been more balanced it would’ve been better. And that’s not even getting into the login queues.

I took the free transfers off to Turalyon in 2013, super glad I did. I will NEVER play on a high pop or full server again. If you’re waiting in queues, on a server that has free transfers off opened up, it’s your own fault. If you choose to stay on a server that has queues…I don’t know what to tell you, you aren’t owed anything.

If Blizzard didn’t have free transfers off opened up, you might have a point. But they do. If people would actually, you know, move off of the full server when they make moving free, then it would solve the problem. Instead everyone expects “everyone else” to move off of “their server”. Move to a lower population realm, it makes the game way better.

5 Likes