Who's for Account Wide Reputation?

Not entirely account wide. At the very least, you should have to earn the rep separately for each faction.

i am in support of this, not going to lie, just the thought of all the rep grind/attunements on all my chars has me thinking about maybe just packing it all in and dumping wow like i did years ago

If acc wide rep existed they’d have to put a cap limit on it. Otherwise you could simply log into alts for the rep quests and max it all out very quickly. This would then bring on a requirement for people to mass produce alts to get instant reps. And at what point does allowing all of the cross account progress start to disproportionately reward those who make tons of alts? I just don’t see it being a super wise idea.

Slippery slope.

Because if this happens, account wide rated PvP happens as well, and that’ll upset a lot of diehard PvPers too.

Bump, Agree account wide Rep would be great , i do how ever wonder if these post even get read anymore

Blizz can’t pay me enough to re-grind T6 on a single alt.

3 Likes

Instead of account wide rep, I would prefer to see crafting items/recipes sold by rep quartermasters be account-bound instead of soulbound.

2 Likes

That would be acceptable imo.

I mean… during certain expansions, I bounced from one class to another, so I’d have to find which toon has the highest rep with a certain faction to finish rewards…

i.e. during WotLK and MoP, my mage has the highest rep with most factions whereas my Rogue has higest rep with WoD and BC and my Hunter with BfA :shrug:

1 Like

I thought that was the case? I ground out to I think revered with Shattered Sun Offensive with a paladin to buy a few swords and those are available to all my toons. It didn’t used to be that way, but it is now.

This! I am a big supporter of account wide rep or even making reps account wide once they are outdated. Yes some reps like Aldor/Scryer might have to be character specific. However you, not the character grinded out these reps at one time. The character is merely a tool for you to do certain tasks in-game. I think that is somehow not clear to some that are arguing the RPG angle of this, you can still RP your alt being aligned to one faction over another. That aspect has not changed even without shared rep because it is RP.

1 Like

It is bad for a few reasons.

Firstly, it removes content from people. If I want to go back and get certain patterns on characters, I go back and grind rep.

Secondly, there is no need for you having rep on all your characters if you don’t want to do the rep. All sorts of other ways to get gear.

Thirdly, people are under some illusion if they think blizzard would leave the rewards the same if they made rep account wide - so you wouldn’t be happen in the end anyway.

huh?

So basically you’re saying

1. It’s bad because you should grind rep if you want certain patterns?
  2. It’s bad because there is other gear?
    and
  3. It’s bad because people won’t be “happen?” anyways?

/mind blown

They’ve already done it a few times - like the Gelkis/Magram Centaur in Desolace.

yes it is called character progression - earning patterns for professions is part of that. I don’t want that part of the game diminished.

there is no need to have rep on all characters - the most recent version of this complaint is because of that new rep in Korthia and you can get gear anywhere, you don’t need to get that rep to get gear.

that is some lousy paraphrasing - did you really not understand the argument. They aren’t going to just mail you rewards for all your characters for doing easy mode rep. So guess what, you will still be unhappy.

Well… to put it bluntly, you’re argument is weak and really sucks

thanks for your two cents I guess.