Who would you like to see from the PvP community get on the Council

Not sure I follow you?

How do you think those CEOs started out?

But those unrated players are choosing not to have that…luxury. That’s all on them. I play unrated only but there’s nothing stopping me from doing rated content. I simply choose not to.

1 Like

We could use that same argument towards you. I mean you champion rated and feel great insulting or insinuating anyone who doesn’t do rated has a “meaningless perspective”.

Where are your achievements for being considered an “actually good” rated player?

Shouldn’t that be factored into if anyone should be “really” paying attention to you and the condescending, negative attitude towards folks who actually seem to want to help the game out.

Oh wait, never mind as it’s quite possible this is all one big troll or well, worse haha.

2 Likes

with a silver spoon from their parents and a free ride to harvard.

4 Likes

That only works in the movies.

1 Like

there is nothing wrong with choosing to play unrated vs rated. the problem is that the current gearing system not only rewards you for playing rated, but it actively punishes you for not playing rated. that is the fault, not the player’s choice.

if you dont mind me asking, but are you an english major?

2 Likes

every single time I see your name the raid quote ‘the Dance Macabre’ sounds in my head

every…single…time…

great name, i just wish those stupid vampires hadn’t permanently rented it in my head

2 Likes

Post a single quote from this thread where I do any of this. I have asked many times for people to provide examples, ideas, suggestions, and clarification on their stance and statements. Nothing has been said by me unless in response to a person I am conversing with and it has followed the discussion at hand.

If you can provide a single example from this thread where I:

1. Debate nonsense unrelated to the conversation
  2. Create strawman arguments
  3. Make a post solely for the purpose of feeling good about insulting others

then I will stop posting on this forum forever.
However, if you cannot do this then it is you who must stop posting here forever.

Deal?

You’re trying to gatekeep again and you’re doing so by creating hypothetical and false situations, as well assuming that players are all zug zug’s who can’t see or feel beyond a given moment.
The word you’re looking for in your post is “hopelessness”. You’re trying to imply that players with high-rated alts do not feel any form of gear related hopelessness. And you’re wrong.

1. I didn’t say that players need to be high rated for this council. I said that they need to have experience pushing rated content in order to have a fuller perspective of the game compared to someone who confines themselves to playing with and against people who defend flags by standing 1 inch away from it. What the cutoff for that is? I don’t know, up for discussion.
  2. Players who play at, say 1600, will feel gear hopelessness. It doesn’t matter what they do or how hard they try, they’re getting their butts kicked by boosters and carries and teams who already have gladiator gear from doing 2s. They know what it feels like to know that they aren’t going to progress or earn better gear in their chosen content.

Even if this were true, what exactly do you think the unrated player is going to say that cannot already be said by a player who does both rated and unrated? The gear problems are already known by the entire PvP community. You people even say that that rank 1 streamers echo this sentiment and yet somehow here and now it’s suddenly “high rated players don’t know!”

Choosing to ignore content is not the games fault.

sadly, what only works in the movies is the bad guy getting their comeuppance.

at my previous company the current CEO came from a C level position at another company, before that he was a C level at another company, and before that he was exec somewhere, and before that he was a VP. the dude doesn’t know a thing about cybersecurity other than “we got the cyber”. small business owners are the people who started their company and know every job, but a small business owner is not a CEO.

1 Like

I actually don’t want you to stop posting because it’s engaging and entertainment at least for me.

Others don’t know the actual reality here so… :slight_smile:

Yeah, thought so.

1 Like

Maybe because you enjoy my name, and for giggles and laughs, I will gear this guy, do rated PVP on him for the first time in 10+ years, and surpass certain posters on here :slight_smile:

Oh wait, that shouldn’t be possible.

1 Like

I’m not trying to gatekeep you at all, im trying to explain that the impact of the shared experience is not felt equally by both rated and unrated players. you get owned because your alt is undergeared, you are inconvenienced. but when your main is undergeared and has no way of obtaining gear, your entire play experience is ruined.

at a minimum offer their perspective on if they think upcoming changes or suggestions would work for the unrated community. again, the “hunger difference” between playing a main and alt still applies. you are going to push for the best system you can if its the one you intend to mainly use. alt content often gets “that’ll do” consideration.

i think the main fault is failing to recognize that there is or was a thriving casual pvp community. designing the gear system around ranking rated above unrated basically told players playing a different form of pvp that their choice was wrong.

the pve equivalent would be suddenly making it so raiding was alt content and M+ was endgame, then telling raiders they are bads and choosing poorly because they want to raid instead of race M+ timers.

5 Likes

Can’t argue with that.

No, sir/ma’am. I did not spend enough time in an institute of tertiary education to earn a major.

2 Likes

In the case of your example, yes it is.
The 1600 player who cannot progress because of boosters and carries is hopeless because he knows he is not going to be able to progress anymore in his chosen content. The unrated player facing gladiators in randoms is going to feel hopeless because he knows that is not able to progress anymore in his chosen content. They’re the same thing. You don’t get to say that one person is 50% hopeless while the other is 90% hopeless lmao.

That said, it doesn’t need to be shared equally anyway. The points, topics, suggestions, and improvements are going to be the same either way. What is the difference between a rated or unrated player saying that we should remove rating restrictions from gear upgrades? The suggestion and the resulting changes are the exact same regardless of who said it.
This council is not some therapy session for players to treat like a diary. The council is to get feedback and suggestions for changes and improvements to the game. Feeling 90% hopeless or 50% hopeless is irrelevant in this context. Players need to be able to provide feedback related to or otherwise aimed at potential improvements. And a player whose experience is limited to a small portion of a particular subject, such as PvP, cannot offer the same kind of progressive feedback as someone who has push multiple areas of said subject.
This does not mean being high-rated. If your stance against me was that players who only do rated content and do not also play randoms then maybe I would even be able to agree on that. But that is not my stance. My stance is for people who play both rated and unrated as opposed to a player who only plays unrated.

So something that pretty much anyone else can already do. You do not need to be unrated to say “remove rating restrictions”. Most rated players that I have played with feel exactly the same on that. It’s a stupid and incompetent system.

Yeah and it was stupid for Blizzard to do that. We know. Everyone knows. Rated and unrated players know. That part would be Blizzards fault. They had people telling them that it was a bad idea and did it anyway.
What’s not Blizzards fault is the players refusal to participate. We all have access to the same game. I log in and I play the same game that you do. If I choose to ignore or otherwise avoid a particular content then that is my fault.

No. The PvE equivalent would be telling people who peak in LFR that the bosses are now going to randomly have higher HP and hit harder and that if they want to be better at LFR then they need to start doing real raids.

However, a lot of them do start out that way. Hell, our own Bobby Kotick of Activision was a small business owner whom dropped out of college and took it from there. Sheer hard work.

Usually the silver platter syndrome you talked about comes from folks whom were handed their positions hereditarily from older generations.

award for worst post today

its gigo like this that brought us to shadowlands

2 Likes

Sure chump, whatever helps you sleep at night :yawning_face:

This forum would be better with popcorn. Vote for candy for council president !!

2 Likes