Who just lost Soul of Iron due to world server crash?

lol Im just curious if anybody died from this…

Dear Lord what a way to go.

I hope everyone did so I can laugh at them for thinking how hardcore they are!

2 Likes

A lot of upset people.

I wasn’t playing HC, just wanted to keep my SOI buff to 60.
Really dumb way to go out.

Sub cancelled.
I’m done, GL kids.

13 Likes

I did. Not real happy about it.

4 Likes

I don’t understand how losers get so bent out of shape over a video game, not played the way they think it should be.
I’m not partaking of the challenge, but I just don’t understand why these people can’t get out of the basement and just enjoy the game they want to play, and let others play the way they want.
I think these types of people are the ones who end up with a stroke in their 40s.

6 Likes

Blizzard should introduced a immunity for a few seconds (cant take damage / cant do damage) when you log in.

It should cover the case for DC’s cause by World Server down.

It won’t though cover DC’s cause by other factors such as ISP or PC issues

I did. I was in Desolace while in combat when world server crashed. When I relogged, I’m already dead and lost my Soul of Iron buff at level 37.

I’m really upset right now and I lost my resolve to play the game… because it is not my fault to die… Its their technical issue.

I opened a ticket and requested to restore my SOI buff or else I would not renew my sub.

7 Likes

it’s very simple there is nothing hardcore about what they are doing.

they are just making up challenges to stroke their fragile ego’s to give some meaning.

while blizzard finally recognized it…i still think it is stupid. but then some people like pet battles and others hate it.

basically they cna enjoy it if they do…but i view it the same way as feral druids farming MCP for 5 hours a week for a year think it’s fun

2 Likes

It’s pretty unfortunate but the bright side is that it is only two weeks from launch and you can catch up quickly.

Any relation to the Fancypants from IIRC Lightning’s Blade back in vanilla? Asking for a friend.

Feels bad man for all the SOM players who lost their buff… I lost interest in the grind in the early 20’s but had I actually tried it I’d have been level 59 when the world server went down and killed me… or the drunk driver down the road would have crashed into the Comcast equipment near my house and killed my internet and me…

Nope pretty sure a meteor woulda hit your house. Good call.

1 Like

This is why I’d never do soul of iron. The longer you play, the more inevitable it is that you’ll one day be disconnected, through no fault of your own or your ISP, and die. It’s kind of silly really.

1 Like

I hope everyone did.

Suckers.

2 Likes

I’m not angry at how they play the game. But if a community calls their gameplay “hardcore” and it mostly involves playing zones they are over levelled for, it makes me want to laugh at them for failing even that.

3 Likes

What does the buff actually do? Do you get anything for reaching 60 with it?

Just bragging rights.

Didn’t they add an achievement for that, or am I just mistaken?

I’m not aware of one.

Flying Sparkle Pony.:sparkling_heart:

1 Like