Who just lost Soul of Iron due to world server crash?

Not really. I wont brag about it. It is more of a personal one to maintain self discipline and control.

2 Likes

I think it’s really crappy, and I think the SoI people who lost their buff in the crash should be able to have it restored.

So many people are excited to be doing that challenge (in lots of different ways), and this was really awful.

6 Likes

If you have an internet outage in combat, are you going to ticket your ISP for your Soul of Iron buff? lol

1 Like

The whole soul of iron buff seems pretty lame to me, with so many things like a random alliance gank, random fall to technical issues, it doesn’t really prove anything except maybe you have a severe case of OCD and may need to see a doctor for a SOI buff lasting longer than 4 hours

Its not even that theyre stroking their egos making up something that is percieved as “Hardcore”

What it IS: People have a biggun for Rogue-Likes for w/e reason and fail to realize too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Everyone wants a “Go back and restart” game because nothing is giving us a challenge anymore. Elden ring cant hurry up fast enough and even then they fell into the same trap of “It should be easier for people” when majority of us are bored from lack of challenge.

I am kind of concerned for the amount of hate people have for SOI/HC toons. It’s super bizarre and speaks volumes about the person who even has it in them to hate someone for something so small.

I can understand being annoyed about HC not grouping, yes that makes sense. All the other things I hear just make me think people have something wrong with them and they’re taking it out on people that are having fun.

6 Likes

It’s more like, you took on this “challenge” but are constantly whining about every unfair thing that happens. This game was not built for not dying, at all. You gotta suck it up.

1 Like

Seems like laughing over someone else’s difficulty makes you the fragile ego.

I think deleting a toon at like 52 because you ran one instance with a fail warlock who aggroed some pats is pretty “hardcore”, but people view things differently, and play differently.
I mean every time dragons wipe out a bunch of them in SW, all the chat is a bunch of low life’s commenting how it absolutely made their week seeing those toons dying, and I just think that’s pathetic.

2 Likes

nobody would be mocking HC players if they weren’t whining nonstop about this and that :expressionless:

I’m sure you still would. The teremus thing and the WOW crash are IMHO legit complaints. I don’t see them whining about anything else really.
Mostly, I see you guys whining because someone plays a video game, a friggin game differently than you do.
It’s utterly ridiculous how giddy you guys get when one of them dies. Sad really.

no, they’re really not

I doubt most of them think the farming part is fun, though some probably do. I imagine the majority of them think the result is fun, and don’t see an issue with farming being required.

I enjoy Pokemon, and I spend my time breeding, training, tutoring, and so on, to get the best teams. I don’t always enjoy the leg-work, but the result is worth so much more than the effort that I call the whole experience “fun” due to feeling that the end result is worth it.

Even then, though, the emphasis on think makes it sound like you think they’re not having fun, they just think they are. In my experience if I think I’m having fun, I’m having fun. Even if you disagree with my logic, you can’t really say what I feel. It’s like me saying that people who eschew relationships and just have casual encounters think it’s fun.

you do realise the name is an hommage to Diablo hardcore mode… and in Diablo you rarely do stuff that would not be underlvled in HC either… so your point is pretty much nul.

2 Likes

Never played Diablo, but if their gameplay translates to being as stupid as it is in Wow, then it’s a stupid name for that too.

Just because it was named after something else stupid doesn’t make it less stupid

If that were true, you wouldn’t care about the SOI buff because you know that your death didn’t count