Who is worse; Allaince or horde?

So this has probably Been talked about before, and I’m late to the party. but after finally seeing the dazar’alor raid, I’m sort of at a crossroads.

So sylvanas started this war by burning down teldrassil, we all know. While abhorrent to say the least, we look back into her history a bit and realize that the forsaken, even when doing the right thing, tend to get kicked while they are down by the alliance. So I get her motivation for vengeance at least. What I don’t understand is Jaina and the rest of the alliance leaders.

Until this point, the Zandalari havnt really been involved in the war between the alliance and horde. They’ve been fighting to make their lands safe and whole again, and accepting horde assistance to do so. There’s been no major hostilities up to this point. Sure their navy is/was strong, but they’re not running around burning down alliance ships or anything. If anything they’ve remained fairly neutral.

So instead of the alliance leaders attacking sylvanas, the root of the problem, they decide to…attack a city of semi-neutrals and kill their king? And say things like “he deserved what he got for siding with the horde?” Even though it’s pretty normal for a ruler to defend his people/throne when foreign invaders come in and start killing his people for no reason…

I honestly used to see sylvanas as the worst part of WoW. And I still think she’s a bag for sure. But after the raid…I’m starting to see the alliance as pretty much the biggest group of xenophobic ignorant idiots. I mean even after the raid, anduin is like “oh gee, probably shouldn’t have done that…we thought we would create a wedge between the Zandalari and the horde but I think we’ve just made them closer”. You think??? When you murder a king and butcher his people in the streets, it tends to cause war…

And even worse is Jainas nonchalant indifference to the whole thing. She’s responsible now for the mess at hand, and she just continues talking to Anduin about how life’s going these days…after discussing the murder of a king and his people for no reason.

I mean who thought that process through??

“Hey guys, we need a target to end this war”

“How about sylvanas?”

“No no…that won’t work at all. We tried and failed at lorederon, so instead, I propose we start war with a neutral nation!! Let’s go kill their people in the streets and homes”

“Great idea! And then to make ourselves look like the good guys, we will offer their king a truce when we finally Butcher our way to his throne and hold a sword to his throat! For the alliance!”

It makes zero sense to me that the alliance, known for negotiating and trying to find a better solution than just wanton killing and destruction, wouldn’t have tried some other way to remove the Zandalari from the war. On top of that, they know they are in the middle of dealing with the final zeal broken and Ghuun being set free. The Zandalari are the furthest threat from the alliance, especially if they kill off Sylvanas.

I blame part of this mess to bad writing. But that aside, alliance are really starting to turn into the villains themselves. Baine keeps talking about how the horde keeps giving up their honor to get ahead in the war, but the alliance is literally no better, and in some cases, worse now.

I used to be a bit on the fence this xpac on which side was in the right/wrong. But after the raid I think it’s clear to me that the alliance is in the wrong just as much as horde. Sure sylvanas started the war, but the alliance leaders could have made much better choices. Now they are no better than she is, Anduin included. And no amount of feeling bad and meaningful afterthought on His part makes any difference. Too bad he didn’t think about the repercussions of their actions before he decided to kill a king and his people, simply because they made a new friend in the horde. If anything , he’s just confirmed the reason the horde needs to exist in the first place.

I’ll end this by saying; For the horde! Sorry alliance. I’ve held out hope that things would end differently for you. But alas, it’s not the case.

9 Likes

Except that wasn’t her motivation. She’s greedy, egotistical, self serving, and probably insane. She’s only cares for her own well being.

Vengeance? Do you think someone who would blight her own troops just to raise them as mindless Canon fodder cares about getting revenge for them? For sylvanas the forsaken is nothing more than a tool to use for her own ends. Same goes for the horde in general.

27 Likes

I think your missing the part where I said I still think she’s a huge bag. I can’t stand her. She needs to be killed off and removed from the horde. I’m just saying I understand why she started the war, cause she loathes the living, the alliance and wants revenge.

Saying she wants revenge doesn’t ignore/absolve her of all of her other flaws.

Sure, I get that. I still disagree that, that is what motivates her. It’s not vengeance. It’s selfishness.

15 Likes

That’s fair! I think it’s also selfishness mixed with vengeance as well.

That said, she still needs to just die/be removed. Even if the allaince figures out a way to broker peace with the horde and end the war on good terms, she will just take advantage of it and stab them in the back the first time she has the chance.

Especially since it hasn’t been revealed what’s going on with Ashvane. What we do know is she is a boss in 8.2 raid and she’s transformed into Ursula essentially. I’m wondering if Sylvanas pulls a dumb move and allies with the naga…cause that’s gonna end so well…

both factions have some pretty horrible people pop up from time to time. in the series of games its always flip flopped back n forth to who the real jerk is.

2 Likes

19 Likes

Oh, my sweet, summer child.

1 Like

Where does burning little Fox people fall on the good alliance scales? The fox people didnt join the Horde yet. They just live in the desert.

4 Likes

Well, maybe what we can say she was the cause of the recent hostilities escalating.

The Alliance represents racist colonialism. Thinking they are superior in every way and believe they are assisting indigenous people by taking over, killing them off and forcing the remainder to serve them.

You can see this throughout. They supplant native populations wherever they go. Conquer and replace whereas the Horde has demonstrated constant inclusiveness wherever they go. It’s why the Horde population is so diverse whereas the Alliance constantly just gets Allied Races that are already represented in the Alliance (more dwarves, humans, draenai and gnomes). Sure, the Horde goes through periods of savagery and Garrosh’s open racism but the difference is the Horde is very open about it’s flaws while the Alliance denies them.

10 Likes

“If I die, tell my wife I say…hello.”

4 Likes

Yes, let’s just pretend both factions are on the same footing when it comes to moral standards…
:roll_eyes:

10 Likes

I’d say both factions are on different moral grounds, both positive and negative.

And carrying weapons and war supplies to Horde!
And they refuse to stop doing it, despite the contrary words of the alliance!

WOW! And this is being said by an orc, who came from another planet, in which they killed or enslaved almost everything but green skin, to do the same in Azeroth, to satisfy their lust for conquest and blood!

26 Likes

:man_shrugging: Manipulated by demons that were brought to our planet by Draenai… so really the Draenai’s fault.

Now what’s your excuse? What corrupting influence do you have other than greed and ego?

3 Likes

Manipulated ??? LOL! You drank the blood of mannoroth because you wanted “powah”!

WOD has shown that orcs do not need demon blood to have an excuse to commit atrocities to satisfy the greed that runs deep in their veins!

“Why should we trade as merchants when we can take what we want?”

And the alliance has no ego problems!
The Horde races have ego problems!

they think that because they are big and strong, they can take from others what they want!

Trolls hunted elves and men for sport and why they did not accept these people living on the same planet as them!

It was the constant persecution that drove men and elves to alliance against the xenophobic aggressor who were the trolls!

Orcs always invade other peoples’ lands and already plant their flag in the place, as if it had always been theirs!

The allince does not travel from continent to continent, taking from other peoples what she thinks to be hers by some delirium of warlike grandeur!

It’s Horde that always invades our territories!
It was so in Ashenvale, Gilneas, Arathi, and wherever there was something the Horde wanted to steal!

The alliance nations only respond to the horde’s constant onslaughts!
Or do you think we ought to be silent and take no action, to put the horde’s threat in check?

Not everyone in Azeroth is willing to be their victims!

21 Likes

Excuse me its called pest control. :upside_down_face:

Alliance is worse. Always have been always will be. If the Alliance goes around handing out lollipops and handshakes they are still bad in my book. Alliance always appeared to be the type that says their sh!@ don’t stink. I just don’t buy it. They are more full of sh!@ then the Orgrimmar dung patrol.

HORDE FOR LIFE!
FOR THE HORDE!

3 Likes