Who is normal raiding for anymore?

Wrong it was overtuned.

1 Like

For me it was clearing the first two bosses in Hellfire Citadel on first try. “Oh, I actually CAN do this.”

FOH with your tryhard nonsense. If I have 3 hours a week to play WOW, I wanna down bosses, not wipe all the time or watch YouTube videos about bosses.

3 Likes

They don’t make decisions based on Wowhead comments or forum posts and never have and if you think otherwise you’re out to lunch.

Their data clearly suggests that after waves and waves of nerfs groups that clear normal and even heroic are still struggling with the encounter. “Buhh you can just do mechanics” is brainlessness.

1 Like

So the raid was substantially easier with the double legendary. Until we got to Anduin.

Are guild absorbed and other guild that died last week so we were on board again seven new members that hadn’t seen the fight before so we had to make a few attempts for people in the mechanics and that’s fine.

Overall we walloped him until the last phase. Then we did the same thing we do every time (send a few people into the friendship zone) and instantly exploded with the boss at 6%.

After mild confusion and a look at the logs we found that one, or maybe two, mythic raid mechanics were going off… On normal.

That’s probably a bug. sigh Small indy company.

1 Like

Care detailing what Mythic mechanic you found in your logs ? We have killed anduin on normal and heroic yesterday and nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Our guild just absorbed another guild that died last week so we were having to teach like 10 new people the fight so we had a few wipes and then we, you know, roflstomped Anduin until the last phase.

In normal we usually have the windfury group hop in to the friendship zone first, immediately, and then the rest of the melee, and then anyone else in the first ebdb group that goes down, than anyone else in the second ebdb group that goes down. (We call the kingsmoune kill maduins heal saduins phase ebdb.)

So we immediately just full on explode. Almost the entire raid just gets instagibbed. Only myself and the other tank are alive because we have cheat deaths.

So we opened up our live log to figure out what happened and most of us just immediately got punked by Fragment of Hope.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Yq1tdBrgTf6A3492/#fight=34&type=deaths

And we’re like UwU what’s this?

It wasn’t an ability in the dungeon journal or one we dealt with last week.

Then we found it… Under the mythic difficulty version of the journal.

So we decided that we were just going to hold lust until the last phase and power through it with the debuff on us because we had just like gotten him to 6% before we exploded and we could just burn him the rest of the way. But by that point of the night people were crispy and we just like died to mechanics over something stupid so we’ll get them Thursday.

We just kind of laughed and were like small indy developer.

Last night, with most of my raid team obtaining unity, we one shot the first boss. Yay! We then proceeded to one shot the oracle boss, whom we’ve never beaten before. Yay! Then we killed the worm boss on our second try. Yay!

Second legendary made a big difference.

So all I can ask is… if the bosses of normal were balanced with 2nd legendary in mind, why did we have to wait 4 weeks to get it?

So very frustrating.

2 Likes

Classic blizzard timegating thats why.

2 Likes

The raid team at blizz has really, really liked convoluted mechanics for a while now and that’s starting to bleed into difficulties where that kind of design makes the least sense.

Maybe it’s time to bring some fresh blood into that team.

4 Likes

You’re not wrong. I don’t even like to attempt mythic raid fights in their current configurations. Heroic Sylvanas was harder than any top-level fight in ToT and probably 2/3 of the top-level SoO fights.

Tortos? Durumu? Animus? Lei Shen? Or for that matter, Ji-Kun and the nests. I mean, I get it that you want to make a point, but dismissing ToT isn’t the way to do it.

The problem here is that even normal-tier Denathrius or Sylvanas were far more complex, and there was very little attempt made to have the mechanics make any modicum of logical story-based sense; it was simply a case of stacking one-shot mechanics on top of each other. Fight design has been an issue now for two xpacs at least.

And yes, I’m saying that with an Anduin kill on my hunter main. I just hope when we get to him in heroic mode that it doesn’t turn into a brick.

tbh i enjoy it when its a tricky fight, but I might be a minority. Like guardian this tier, actually tilts me because its such a poorly designed fight in norm and heroic. I’m hoping itl be better on mythic but who knows.

I liked the TOT raid. They had mechanics, but I think the big thing was that the mechanics were not as one shot the group as the last couple tiers have been. The quote from me you listed was because someone was asking for normal Anduin to be nerfed even harder than it already has been. Normal Anduin, with double leggos and majority of people with a 2 set, falls over. I dont think normal should be nerfed to the point a LFR group can just muscle through it with the item level and ignore the mechanics. Its supposed to be enough of a challenge to encourage organised groups to hit the content. If norm and heroic gets squished so bad it can be stomped by anyone, whats even the point of guilds or progression anymore.

ps - the anduin fight on heroic is fun.

Blizzard wants this raid content to last a year.

Ayyyye I was looking for this thread. Dont report me for the necro

4 Likes

Yeah, the difficulty is just incongruent with the rewards. Might as well get KSM and run M+ dungeons rather than heroic or mythic raids. They should honestly just merge raid finder and normal difficulty at this point.

1 Like

I came back 2 weeks ago. I don’t find it hard on normal. Its the last raid of the xpac. Supposed to be “harder”.

It’s been massively nerfed since I started this thread. Plus we all have gear now in the raid team.

3 Likes

People with more self respect than to do lfr, but still need mechanics dumbed down to an insulting degree to find success.

In fairness though, normal sepulcher started off stronger than most…because it’s super overtuned and we had no tier, but hey.

The raiding this expansion was done on advice by sweaties that live breathe difficult game content. I left that nonsense to them and apparently so have many others. All the folks I used to raid with moved on to other games but we still chat on discord. Blizzard shot themselves in the foot listening to the wrong feedback.

1 Like

@OP

A little late to the party, but I feel you. I’ve always enjoyed raiding and I’m content with AOTC on heroic. I might dabble in mythic if burnout doesn’t get me.

Having said that, this tier has felt more difficult. I have died way more often to silly one-shot mechanics. I have felt more pressured to do M+ content, chase the best covenant, use the best soulbinds and pray for the best conduits to drop.

It’s just not fun any more.

2 Likes

They are trying to stretch the raids shelf life is why they messed it up. You will never extend the raid for world first players. This is killing the scene by trying to make RWF last a month. No one wants that and as we see it is killing normal people that want to be with friends and kill bosses.

2 Likes