Who Is Feeding Stormwind?

I agree that I’d prefer a more realistic depiction, but that’s the artistic decision they went with when creating Vanilla.

3 Likes

Not evil enough.

WoW doesn’t need more Elves!

Tuskarr, Arakoa, Sethrak first.

:cactus:

Still waiting on Naga.

Hey, they’re not really elves if they can breathe underwater and are half snake!

I’m nitpicking a completely different story here but conjuration in both WoW and HP doesn’t just bring you food from nowhere. In HP it’s food made somewhere else brought to the location(See https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Gamp%27s_Law_of_Elemental_Transfiguration) Pretty sure it works similarly in WoW, the mana based food and water isn’t actually nutritious in any way.

Incidentally lol @ wine being something wizards can infinitely conjure. HP should have more alcoholics.

Jaina’s would be.

:cactus:

1 Like

I imagine it’s a combination of multiple areas.

Elwynn Forest has a few farms, Westfall does too (and there are some produce that can grow amidst low water environments, like potatoes. I don’t know Westfall’s primary harvest is, but, maybe they do produce something), Duskwood and Redridge.

Stormwind even has a few.

I think they’re doing magical hoo-hah druid stuff to compensate for their own refugee population.

yes there are like 3 family farms in the game, but stormwind is like a what? a city with 30 houses? everything is scaled down in game

2 Likes

They are big fans of cheese, why do you think they are making nice with the Taurens?

So Jaina is a self insert and a Mary Sue. Got it.

2 Likes

This is why I desperately want the narrative to calm down. I’ve leveled a bunch of akts recently and honest to God the smaller scale Cata stuff is some of my favorite content. There’s a lot of world building.

Like you learn the Xroads are supplied chiefly by kodo caravans that are often attacked by quilboar and burning blade raiders. That’s just a fun tidbit showing the nuts and bolts of the world.

10 Likes

You know how they say: “The devil’s in the details”? Well blizzard doesn’t. Blizzard only cares about big picture stuff. It’s up to the players sadly to fill in the blanks.

4 Likes

Well, scalewise, these 3 farms could just be representing the 3 LARGEST farms in the area, with probably a hundred or so smaller farms throughout the zone. I mean, family farms are the closest the world has to an Industrial Farm system, since nothing is actually owned by the Government and there’s no Large Scale Farming companies operating in the Alliance. Everything would be Family owned.

He definitely doesn’t object to the eating of sentient beings, so you might be on to something…

4 Likes

Anduin would have made a deal with Westfall farmers to work around the clock, maybe even designating more land to be used as plots for them to cultivate.

Then when all the gold has been spent and the farmers get cheated out of the deal, a rock will be thrown at Talia’s head at her and Anduin’s wedding ceremony.

Lapdogs, all of you!

3 Likes

I mean, I would gladly welcome the return of Vanessa VanCleef at this point; she really deserved a larger role in the Uncrowned Questline after her grand debut in Cataclysm.

2 Likes

If I wanted indepth economic analsysis, I’d be taking Econ 101. Exploring these questions wasn’t considered interesting material for Star Trek, why should we even concern ourselves here? Are you under the delusion that this game is supposed to be a realistic world simulation?

I wouldn’t say economics is completely irrelevant.

We already know economic conditions gave rise to the Defias in Westfall (both times). We also know that the Cult of the Damned had a similar backstory up in Lordaeron—it’s been stated that Kel’Thuzad was most easily able to ensnare nobles who were hungry for power and immortality, and the poor who were fed up with Terenas taxing them to fund the internment camps.

So economic conditions can be interesting/relevant to a fantasy/sci-fi story, so long as the audience isn’t beaten over the head with mindless statistics—it’s more about showing how those conditions affect the individual characters.

4 Likes

I remember reading that Ironforge was many levels and the one level we get to really know and explore is just one of several. Apparently there is one for food production and I would guess a combination of mirrors and magic to reflect sunlight within that level to provide enough light to shine thru.

Cant say how these underground societies produce foods, they could possibly import it from Stormwind, but that seems daunting considering the volume a city with many levels would need to survive. Logically the dwarves have to have some form of food production industry within their cities. I assume Loch Modan is where the farms have to be lore wise. It’s the only area with the climate to grow crops and I would guess parts of the Wetlands.

No, I am saying the world would be more immersive and allow for more forms of story telling that touch on greater emotions if these questions had some semblance of an answer or showing in the game world than being ignored all together.

3 Likes