Who is Baine?

Id say azerite empowered valkyrs, but azerite doesnt seem all that important (or powerful)

I mean, would it be so hard to just say that, then?

Or to have Genn wonder what bargain Sylvanas struck with Helya? Or to have Nathanos mention that the Dark Lady’s powers are in flux lately? Literally anything so we don’t have to see a certain segment of players put their backs in further distress by having to bend around the plot holes?

1 Like

Was getting caught part of his plan?

Undead always seem twisted from who they used to be, regardless of their free will or lack of it. Night Elves who rejected perhaps the biggest part of being a Night Elf before they died, could be twisted into rejecting the race as a whole quite easily. “I hate Elune” undeath: “Why not kill her children?”

That’s the impression I seemed to get as well. Unless the people of Lordaeron were already super into skulls and bats and gargoyles and exaggerated Gothic architecture before they became zombies. The process of returning to life as an undead seems to be a classic example of “came back wrong”.

1 Like

I actually think there’s an in-game explanation for this!

The Undercity was originally built by Arthas to be a base for the Scourge to solidify its power in the Eastern Kingdoms, but then the Forsaken rebellion put an end to that ambition. I suppose, by that point, either aesthetics didn’t really bother the Forsaken or they had come to appreciate looking like a haunted house carnival ride, because they didn’t bother changing anything.

You can also see how both the Undercity and Scourge strongholds like Naxxramas are divided into quarters.

Not only did they not bother changing it, they exported it to pretty much every other place they decide to build a structure. Plus, when you take into account how messed Death Knights are supposed to be and Sylvanas as the poster child for the Forsaken, and the idea that going through that whole process is a traumatic affair that changes fundamental aspects of of your identity and significantly enhances your inherent creep factor makes sense. I mean it’s a common genre trope anyway.

1 Like

Maybe the Northrend Campaign was primarily to settle which of the two factions got to use the skull and spikes aesthetic.

Who is Baine?!

Why does he wear the mask!?

Lot of loyalty for a hired gun!

Teldrassil wouldve been way easier to sit through if we’d accidentally set off some stores of azerite