Who else needs a rework like shadow priest before SL release?

On beta, spec feels like trash to play

Damn, the changes sounded alright on paper, I thought people were having fun with insane ApE spikes and stuff.
Well that sucks :frowning:

I did see they were making changes as well but I didn’t think it amounted to much outside of instead of that new buff for instant cast Earthquake they now use Fulmination instead.

Feral needs help bad, Ret has serious mechanical issues, and I’d say 2h frost needs to be addressed.

Mechanically a lot of specs needs to be addressed. This isn’t about the numbers, but about the gameplay loop before borrowed power gets added in. BP should then enhance that further. Talents should add flavor, bring back old playstyles if feasible, and offer viable different ways to play your spec.-

2 Likes

why not just come forward and say that 33 out of 36 specs need help?

2 Likes

I would vote for the windwalkers. I noticed a couple threads of monks pointing out they’re in a rough spot

There is no question about it. The true answer is ranged survival.

1 Like

It’s just a bear. Can’t do much with that.

Oh my god I hadn’t seen the new changes, those are amazing!!!

Do you reckon they will make much difference? I guess the big thing is that you aren’t ever only AoEing or only single target damaging now.
So now when cleaving small groups with Chain Lightning you will still be getting Fulmination procs for Earth Shock rather than only getting Seismic procs for awkward Earthquakes on not many targets.

Still waiting for a boost to defensive capabilities to make them more viable in PvP and top end content. Seriously think they believe Earth Elemental to be a good enough reason to not give them a decent defensive cooldown.

The only thing they need to do is delete demon hunters, and then the game will be good again.

1 Like

I think GoSac for Warlocks needs to be base line, other than that I think Blizzard have done a lot of nice things for the class and each spec.

Eh, if I had to pick three…

I’m honestly not sure… They’ve done so much work, it’s kind of insane, actually.

Yeah I think the changes are largely good!

I’m still concerned about slow ramp up times with CL generating less fulmination stacks than it did with maelstrom, but definitely an improvement over seismic thunder.

Still have a couple problems like being forced to cast ES at 7 stacks of fulm so you don’t lose one due to an overload proc. Also icefury doesn’t generate a fulm stack. Also flame shock needs to have no CD or up the duration to 24 seconds and revert the tick back to 2 seconds instead of 3. Just little things, but I think they need to add something else (idk what it is) because right now the spec is flowing better but fulmination still feels like budget maelstrom.

1 Like

Kind of makes you wonder why they don’t give it the Maelstrom weapon treatment. It’s the same issue with Rogues and why they used to feel so much better with that old talent that allowed them to overcap combo points.

Any spender that scales up to the cap whilst having RNG generation just feels bad.
Realistically they should all be similar to maelstrom where you can essentially over stack it above your spender cost.

It also keeps builder abilities value high.

1 Like

Yeah I would like to see a cap of 10, ES and EQ both can spend max 6 or 7…

But that brings us back to the same question, if it’s filling the exact same role as maelstrom, why was maelstrom removed?

Probably just because they didn’t expect to have to revert the change to how it played and expected it to keep the two seperate proc stacks.

Potentially also just to streamline proc generation instead of having different abilities having different maelstrom generation values :man_shrugging:

I hear feral, guardian and balance are kinda wonky.
Maybe nothing as bad as Spriest, but I am wondering what people think is next in line as far as need.

I don’t play Feral but from what I gather they are fine now in terms of mechanics, they kind of lack that one really good utility tool to make them wanted in groups, it’s like a rogue without Shroud and less CC.

Boomies are actually getting a revamp with a new Eclipse mechanic, I haven’t looked at the details but I’m pretty sure Starfall does damage again (and a lot of it). Not sure how needed it was though, Boomies were very good for both Raiding and M+ for most of BFA (at least early BFA not sure if they have fallen off).

Guardian is a very basic tank but that’s kind of how it’s supposed to be, they just need perhaps a bit more utility and a DPS cooldown (which they are getting).

Disclaimer: I’m no expert on Druids.

Guardian would be the top of my list. Boring, uninspired and low performance among other tanks. It needs more than just buffs but a re-calibration on what the spec is suppose to play like. Simple design is okay, boring is not.

WW and Feral probably need to be reworked too. Compared to playing DH or Rogue they just feel lacking in identity to me.

The eclipse bar takes away your agency when it’s time to use solar wrath and lunar strike.

Live still demands you use both, but you have agency in deciding when you do so. Eclipse demands you use your solar wrath to get to lunar strike. Eclipse demands you use Lunar Stike to get to Solar Wrath. On ITS schedule, not as you find an opportune moment.

Trust me, eclipse is one of Blizzard’s worst ideas for balance ever. No one on the dev team plays balance if they think eclipse coming back is a great idea.

Druid is probably one of very few classes to benefit from the BfA-Legion treatment. Eclipse can go die in a hole.