Who else is playing Mass Effect next week?

Future of gaming, nothing but remastered and mobile gaming. Feel bad for the youth.

2 Likes

Hell yes I am excited! Me, my brother and both of my younger sisters all already have our copies reserved. Been waiting nearly a decade to get back into the trilogy. Andromeda was hot garbage.

1 Like

You feel bad for the youth? They have their youth AND all these great games that have been out for ages.

Games like Two Worlds 2. Was it great? Not really, but you could make your own spells! Is that awesome? Not so much. Was the story great? No Not really Was it worth the money upon release? Maybe! I’m not sure where I’m going with this!

I have never played any version of that game.

I find the original far surpasses it.
Smashing together items to make them more powerful and shouting, “Bandits!”, as thy character rushed a cluster of wyverns, 'twas a truly droll experience.

I will be! One of my favourite video game series.

Hopefully it’ll give some impetus for a good sequel.

1 Like

lmao yeah I love both games, my friend stored all his gear on the lizard mount… then couldn’t remember where he left it lol… The game is so cheesey, but I do love cheese♥

& the magic system is alot of fun :mage:

I daresay the majority of the appeal will be to play the remastered original mass effect as I have heard its original combat system and non-existent cover mechanics were a grueling tyranny to suffer through. I believe they have made the mako far more user friendly and less “bouncy”, as well. I daresay this should be an easy “slam-dunk” for Bioware to win some good will back from the playerbase that is sorely needed. However, pinnacle station dlc not being included outraged me, nor was mass effect 3’s multiplayer included as well. So at present, beyond playing the original, I see little reason to buy this farce of a remaster.

I have half a mind to drive down to Bioware Edmonton and protest this abomination they have put before us.

oh does it come out next week already? damn i gotta get that

As one that hath overcome the game several times, I can with certainty say 'tis not so terrible. For most classes 'tis not even required but in a handful of fights involving tanks or biotics, for some 'tis not required even for those; the Soldier class, in example, beginneth relatively weak, but investment into Fitness and Combat Armor remedy that quite well, and taking and investing into the Shock Trooper specialization effectively doth maketh thy character a tank able even to survive the deadly bile of a Thresher Maw on foot.

But I will not lie and say the system was polished, 'twas but passable and likewise for the Mako sections, though there was some silly fun to be had in trying to pilot the thing. This is merely to say there are ways around said mild headache, more or less.

1 Like

Only if it’s filled to the brim with micro-transactions and “time savers”.

I didn’t even know they were remaking it :open_mouth:

Nope.

I played through it all and loved it already.

There’s not really anything I want to do over again.

I have my Paragon and Renegade head-canons and all the romances I wanted to explore.

Would probably recommend the new version to anyone who never played the originals though. It’s such a great story with really heart wrenching moments (Tali on Rannoch).

That’s cool; the color comment was just a joke.

The strength of the series’ writing, RPG elements, and combat mechanics are still pretty top-tier, even after all these years later. The ending is kinda yikes but it’s really hard for one bad thing to undo all the good things the foundation is built on.

I wouldn’t know. Playing those dragon age games is like watching paint dry, for me. The combat isn’t enjoyable, neither is the movement, or controls, and the world is often full of invisible walls and locked doors.

they cut out iconic butt shots so no, i have my originals

1 Like

Dragon Ago Origins is closer to Baulder’s Gate then DA2 or 3.

/Lovefool has entered the chat.

Come again?

1 Like

I’m playing through Andromeda atmo since I dint finish it last time I played it.
As for legendary yeah I am ver excited but I usually wait for a sale with single player games.

AFAIK they took out that random close-up of Miranda’s butt. On the one hand, it was kind of a goofy shot to begin with… on the other hand, however, the culture there that made bothering with doing it worthwhile basically cancels any hope I have for the next one.

1 Like