Who else have no fun playing their Warlock right now?

Aff is one of the worst performing spec on Guardian of the first ones. In fact both destro and aff are. It’s probably the closest fight to a Patchwerk fight you have in the raid which technically should favor casters.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/28/#boss=2436&difficulty=4

I posted heroic because both spec have less than 3 parses in mythic which make the mythic data irrelevant for those specs in mythic. This boss is anyway depth enough that most players who killed it in heroic are at least decent.

Listen i’m fine with people liking Demono. I’m not trying to make people agree with me or anything. I do like demono with more haste and i could see myself play the spec in the last patch. But right now with the amount of haste i have i don’t have fun and i was just wondering if that sentiment was shared by the forum. That’s all. Don’t think it’s a crime or anything.

I’m not asking for Aff to be the top single target spec again just not as “terrible” as it is right now. Obviously if you get PI and/or hero and the fight is short you’ll still do good single target damage but on a long fight without PI the single target damage is just not there. Just middle of the pack would be enough and it would be easy to fix without breaking the cleave or aoe. Buff Whitering Bolt conduit. Make so UA buff other dots damage on the target (reduced effect if you take the UA pvp talent). Anyway …

1 Like

Same here, I’d reroll Shadow if I had time to do all the chores. I don’t raid as is because my life is so busy. I usually just Arena because it requires the least amount of time setting up a group. I enjoy Mythic+ as well but playing Destro isn’t very fun and Affliction in Mythic+ is pretty miserable.

So play demo.

It is highly enjoyable in arena.

Hey Epícburn, can I pick your brain?
I do 2s with an rdruid and we just can’t break 1800. We were within 3 points twice last night and then dropped 100 points. I’ve been playing a mix of big tyrant + shards of annihilation, which net me 10-14k demonbolts if it doesn’t get purged. I do a lot of damage, I just can’t seem to get people to stand in it. As soon as I cast tyrant, they pillar dance until it’s gone and my scary demons go away. In the event that I can make them stand there in it, they use defensives with the same or less cooldown as tyrant and generally survive.

I’ve tried playing big demonbolt style but it’s the same issue – you need the tyrant for more demons and shards, but everyone just runs away as soon as they see it and by the time I catch up with them, half of my imps are gone and my bolts are hitting for non-lethal damage.

I haven’t seen any 2s on your twitch since you switched to necro – I’d love to know how you’re finding success with it, especially against teams with purge or strong mobility. Are you using fel lord at all?

2s would go pretty much the same as my last 2s stream but better bc Hybrid build imo is our strongest build into the general meta with small changes here/there based on comp and bc ide prolly get my rdruid in comms this time.

Ide drop GFG for inner if you are attempting hybrid… copy and paste my build basically.

If they run on tyrant you are not locking them down with coil/stun or they are using trinket and in that case you are in a great spot.

Hybrid then gives you a second rotating go with decimation bolt… bc 3x14k will put someone in the ground just as easy.

Normally the biggest thing with demos is they are not patient enough for the “Right” things or they don’t lock in the flavor. Make sure you are consistent with your goes… if they run on tyrant… its ok you are hybrid… you can deci bolt kill but always go for the coil into stun setups.

If you notice in 3s I swap between reflect/obelisk/lord depending on comp. In 2s I don’t really see a reason for lord bc I don’t fight too many double melee at my mmr but obelisk and reflect will be your best bet in 2s into most things. Fel lord has a place in 3s against double melee.

1 Like

Appreciate the help! I’ll take your advice and give that a roll.

1 Like

Ill make a guide this week now that I have semi respectable rating as Hybrid.

1 Like

Warlock is the only thing that keeps me interest and invested. Without it I wouldn’t even play this game. As another poster said above, I’ve leveled many other classes to max and they all get boring within days. But this warlock is my tried and true main since 2007 and I don’t see that ever changing.

1 Like

I have fun on my warlock, but only as demo

Destro is so bloody slow I can’t stand it, and Affliction just doesn’t feel fun to play

2 Likes

Do you find mage more fun than lock and why?

I find affliction terribad in terms of fun. DOTS hits very low and MG is not a fun ability to use.