Who else have no fun playing their Warlock right now?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/28#

Hey, Aff is a top tier Mythic SoD spec right now even taking the quartile ranges into consideration. Took me 5 seconds to look this up. As of this comment it’s literally the very top, #1.

Is this not real world raiding enough for you? Or do you have some anecdotal info you wanna shill?

You can’t just look at a spec and be like “this spec is trash” without taking any context into consideration.

2 Likes

Oh snap he hit the level 50 forum alt with the REAAAAAL heavy stuff

1 Like

https://images.app.goo.gl/LrGmF2YLTMjYkksx8

These hands (or Chaos Bolts) are rated ‘E’ for everyone.

Ty for the offer but i’m too old for this :wink: i’ll find my groove with time i always do i just hate when they totally destroy a spec like they did with aff in the middle of an expansion and “force” you to play something else. I never played demono outside of levelling and i just do not enjoy it at all. I played destruction but only with high haste i hate to play this spec with low haste really do not enjoy it. They’ll probably rebuff aff again anyway making it’s dps more bearable in single target. Let’s just hope they’ll do it right this time and not do an aura buff and just rebuff the drain soul conduit a little bit.

Also concerning the link you posted above there’s 233 parses of aff the sample size is too small to conclude anything. The spec is good in cleave fights but you should switch the metric to boss damage and oups aff is in the bottom. Aff cleave is good nobody argue that but the pure single target damage is not great.

1 Like

The sample size is indeed small but even small sample sizes this early on are indicative that top raiders, those making it into mythic faster at least, are getting immense value from the spec. Sure the single target isn’t great but then Destro is even lower. You can’t expect to have your cake and eat it too. After the DoT changes and rapture nerf, I was already expecting Aff to become the equivalent of a ranged WW monk and that’s not too far off.

Considering Aff’s scaling, if they buffed the drain soul conduit I wouldn’t be surprised if some DoT nerfs went into place which is the exact opposite of what the community wanted.

I’ll stand by what I said at the start of the xpac, which is that Malefic Rapture is great in theory, but the implementation isn’t working at all. Aff played better on the single target fights and council fights when the shard spender was still Haunt and SB:Haunt. Rapture shifts the focus into AoE burst, which means rot damage has to suffer dramatically as a counter weight. People associate rot damage with DoTs, so giving large AoE burst to a DoT spec is like… literally the antithesis of the core theme.

2 Likes

My main problem with lock right now is both destruction and affliction are cleave/council specs. They are both not very competitive in pure single target atm at least not without PI. Yeah you can still play them in single target and kill bosses but it doesn’t feel satisfying to me.

I don’t want to hate on demono i know some guys love the spec and that’s fine but i wish at least one of aff or destruction would be more competitive in single target, I understand it’s hard to tune Havoc and dots so that the single target damage is good and the cleave and spread aoe is not broken but i don’t think the solution is that hard. For aff just buff Drain Soul. Tune the dots/mr so that the spread aoe is not broken and then tune Drain Soul and UA so that the single target damage is competitive. For destruction tune CB to be competitive in pure single target and then if needed nerf havoc/immolation so it’s not broken. I would argue the extra shards generation make Havoc worthwhile on its own even without the damage. Anyway …

1 Like

Fun is subjective and you want a group mentality to agree with you that its “Not fun”

Enjoy yourself… or don’t
Reroll… or don’t
Posting about it does nothing

Congrats I fixed your issue.

2 Likes

I do not really want people to agree with me. I was just asking if someone else was not having fun with the 9.1 rework. If you are having fun that’s fine with me.

Playing aff with the malefic wrath legendary is some of the most fun I’ve had raiding in a long time. I’m even considering using it all the time on tyrannical weeks. Significantly more engaging than last patch’s ‘do nothing then dump everything’ cycles - trying to maximize uptime on wrath and drain soul while dealing with mythic mechanics takes some decent planning and awareness. Main problem is all of that effort isn’t very well rewarded in most raid fights. You’re not a liability or anything, but you’re not going to be dominating the meters either.

Aff isn’t in the dumpster, though. It loses much less dps while moving or dealing with mechanics than the other specs, and running withering bolt + malefic wrath with drain soul gives you some hefty execute damage, which is a pretty important part of most fights.

I still can’t quite work out what your agenda is, but the tiny sample size of mythic raid fights you’ve provided means nothing, and you are just trolling by linking it. It proves you really are trying to mislead people - or at the very least have no idea on how to read logs.

If you actually take a moment and look at realistic sample sizes of raid encounters(ie heroic and normal - even 95th percentile) you’ll quite clearly see affliction at the bottom with fire and fury, which reflects the actual performance of the spec by all but the absolute best of the best cheesing their way through.

1 Like

Looking at it, yes, those rankings are a bit misleading. If you look at individual fights you’ll find Aff has only been played on the first five bosses, but it’s ranked highly because it’s capable of decent damage on Eye and very good damage on The Nine/Soulrender/Remnant. What we see is that it’s very good at it’s niches (Council, high movement, stacked cleave/AoE), but nobody plays it in fights that want single-target sustained/burst because those are Demo’s and Destro’s niches, respectively.

Yes but if you look at heroic(and not the couple of mythic cheeses) where there is MANY more people playing, aff is still at the bottom for nine, eye, soulrender etc.

Linking the mythic parses is just misleading and irrelevant.

It’s not cheesing on mythic. It’s just that the adds last a lot longer and the mechanics checks are a lot tighter, whereas on heroic and lower you have to move less and adds disintegrate in coordinated groups.

Edit: The low sample size does play a part in Aff’s appearance of dominance on the statistics page though, that is true. Because of how few parses there are, a very high percentage have multiple PIs and have the Unholy set bonus relative to the other two specs in mythic, so it makes Aff look better by comparison.

If you look at the amount of multiple PI feeding going on and the uptimes, I consider that cheesing. Otherwise I agree with what you are saying.

LOL

Ok so you literally just have no idea what you’re talking about and hiding behind an alt. Cool moves chief.

Just because you want to bump down the difficulty, which removes the entire context in which I’m talking about Aff performing well on, doesn’t render anything I’m saying as illegitimate nor does it mean I can’t read logs. :roll_eyes:

Hell, earlier you said “Aff is 20-30% less damage than Demo/Destro in the real world raiding SoD.” The difference between Aff (the worst performing lock spec in SoD heroic) and Demo (the best performing lock spec in SoD heroic) in the median as of right now is a whopping… 7.24%.

Player skill has a much larger variance than that. I’d take a one-trick player who was super good at affliction right now over a player who was average at Demo. Aff is not a bad spec and anyone choosing to main it this tier is not a detriment to their raid team at all. Unless you’re doing very high level mythic raiding, it matters far less than people think.

1 Like

Lol nah demo is a blast rn for me. Most unique caster in game.

2 Likes

Demo’s strong for a change, I’m not forced into Aff for the first time in like 900 raid tiers, the dungeons are fun, and the raid is one of the best in a long time. I’m having plenty of fun.

the Aff fans are kind of annoying TBH. Its been the best lock spec and often the best DPS spec overall for years. That people can’t accept the spec being average - and that’s what it is, average, not bad - for a single tier is frustrating. Warlock has 3 specs. Letting the other two be good one time shouldn’t be asking for too much. What’s more, while I feel this argument is often abused by Blizzard, it is true - unless you’re on the bleeding edge of PVE content, Affliction is fine. You can clear normal and heroic just fine with it and will be able to clear mythic with gear.

3 Likes

So are the clueless locks posting here.

You clearly didn’t play BFA. I literally loled at this.

Outside of mythic and in single target affliction is not fine. :man_facepalming:t3:

Im having fun, started late so im playing catch up, im in my epic bg build, but i can see why people would get turned off locks atm. Pvp is brutal if you have bad positioning or 1v1 a geared mele. I havnt done much pve so i cant speak about that,
But i like a challenge and atm locks in pvp is just that.

1 Like