Who else have no fun playing their Warlock right now?

I have to say i have zero fun playing lock right now outside of keys. I like the RoC build in keys it’s fun and since Rain of fire is instant cast i don’t spend all my time casting but i have absolutely zero fun raiding right now and it’s the first time it happens to me since like forever. I like the raid i think it’s a good one but there’s way too much movement for a class casting everything. It’s simply not fun at all and i don’t get why blizzard don’t get it. Sad part is i can’t really switch class because of the cookies, ss and portal. Waiting for an affliction buff but man the class designer of this game should be fired. At least if the damage would be there i could live with it but man it feels bad right now if you don’t get PI and you are running a mastery affliction build from the first season and nothing drop in the raid you get one piece every 8 weeks it’s simply awful.

12 Likes

There’s definitely a lot of movement in the raid right now which can be frustrating because of how punishing it can be, but I’m having a lot of fun regardless, just like I did in the last raid playing Destro all tier.

In SoD, you really have to run Burning Rush each fight and get super comfortable with the movement and/or plain your gate, Demonic Circle, and Soulshape usage well. The burden is a little lighter if your raid has movement speed steroids, like Druid Roar, Shammy Windrush totem, or even like a Hunter using Korayn.

I wouldn’t say I’m not having fun otherwise I just wouldn’t log on. Warlock is the only class I can play without feeling fatigued for some odd reason. (Maybe the time I put into it? Don’t want to let go)

However, I’m very jaded to the class. It’s boring compared to what it has/could have been. I switch specs so often just to keep things refreshing, attempt meme builds in pvp just for the giggles, but yeah-- its fun, just not as fun as it could/used to be. I find myself leveling alts, and then going back to my warlock every time. May even level a new warlock from time to time.

2 Likes

This is where im at aswell.

And if im being honest I would reroll if not the for the fact that I would have to redo all the boring garbage chore stuff again.

That and its hard to get a true feel if something will stick without investing in it just a little. For example I really liked leveling my DH and doing casual PvP in random bgs/wpvp, but at max level it just doesnt catch me and make me wanna main it.

4 Likes

I’m playing mage now.

It probably doesn’t help that I joined Mannis guild and they already have 2 solid locks on roster.

/cough cough who wasn’t running Burning Rush last night cough

That’s why I said “and/or” towards the end lol

I haven’t used Burning Rush since the first month of CN, with the exclusion of Mythic Xy’mox progression (where I eventually also swapped to Demon Armor anyways).

Just because I can get away by the skin of my teeth with some degen stuff doesn’t mean other people can. :nerd_face:

1 Like

SL is the least fun iteration of warlock I’ve seen in almost 15 years of playing. Especially affliction. Bleh… I’ve been a warlock main on and off since BC but unless something changes drastically in the next couple of patches she may still be level 52 when 10.0 hits. I’m just plain not having fun with it now.

7 Likes

I feel this on an emotional level. On Eye of the Jailer I always wait until pretty much the last possible frame to circle through the beam, but our newer warlock dies almost immediately every single time because he tries to copy what I’m doing. I guess practice makes perfect, though. Or something like that.

I mean you haven’t even played it to max level…

I’m just giving you a hard time.

Manni doesn’t even need a healer for keys.

I don’t really have a problem with moving. I have 13% base speed anyway XD it’s just frustrating and not fun. On Soulrender Dormazain my guild wants to use the port to break the chain. I dunno if it’s the right thing to do but that’s what we do. Not really a problem i still have my own port and soul shape. Pretty much never die. But anyway we start the dance and finally we stop i can dps again so i start casting but no a white swirly appears under me i have to move out. I start casting again but no we have to dance again. White swirly again etc. Only time i can freely dps on that fight is when the adds are out. Painsmith wont be any better probably.

I would mind it less if i would be rewarded for all this work like i was in castle for managing my aff weak aura minigame but not really i mean if i play perfectly (without PI) i’ll do about the same or slightly less than other instant cast spec. I look at the logs and locks with 2, 3, 4 PI can barely tie other classes without it and this is my own experience too.

I don’t mind the playstyle. I played a hunter back when you could not attack when moving not even auto-attack and had a dead zone. But as MM hunters back then in bc/wotlk i was rewarded for playing perfectly and positioning myself perfectly. Right now i feel like **** it i’ll do my cookies and soul stone and i’ll stay alive i just don’t really care i’ll do average to good dps anyway. At least aff in season 1 i could own even if the playstyle at time was painful. Maybe i’m just jaded with the state of the game but i dunno just don’t have any fun with my 20% haste despite the raid being a good one. It feels so slow and so boring. Chaooooossss booollltttt … wow 12k damage ergggggg great. Anyway at least i can have fun once a week in our mythic+ night …

2 Likes

You’ll have a lot more fun with Channel Demonfire, and get your Cinders legs.

Being on chain break duty really shouldn’t be a warlock thing, but it’s not the end of the world, especially if you’re NF. I agree with you there.

The swirl is a lot of RNG and is consistent across almost all the fights in the raid, even the later ones you haven’t seen yet. With how much speed you have, it should be as simple as a few side steps.

Aff was honestly just pretty busted in CN. It wasn’t the easiest to play, but it was very clearly overtuned. If Aff is still your gig, you can certainly still play it and do alright. As far as needing PI to just ‘tie’ other classes, that hasn’t been my experience in the slightest, and looking at the WCL quartiles, Destro is definitely just a middle of the pack spec, maybe upper-middle, right now which is a good place to be. If you’re doing average damage because of your “**** it” attitude, that’s not the spec nor class’ fault. More haste would make the spec flow more smoothly but it’s not going to be a night and day difference.

That said, if you have the volition to improve, I’ll be happy to look over your logs and help you out.

I strongly recommend this as Manni helped me a lot with my lock in CN.

I am enjoying myself.

1 Like

Then you aren’t raiding. Even with PI, affliction is in the dumpster and the worst DPS spec in the game. Destro and Demo are acceptable, even though they require much more skillful play to still do less damage than the top specs.

Aff is 20-30% less damage than Demo/Destro in the real world raiding SoD. If that’s your definition of “alright” then I don’t think you should really be offering to help anyone out.

I loled at this :joy:

You should try looking at his logs to see he knows what he’s talking about. He has much more credibility than someone hiding on a level 50 alt.

1 Like

Anyone who says affliction is anything other than in the dumpster for the raid this tier has no credibility and while I don’t know what agenda they would have for lying, it’s evident for anyone to see.

Also, maximising demos rotation to do acceptable damage takes far more skill than it does for priests or rogues to roll their face over their keyboards.

1 Like

Affliction may be dumpster and bottom dps it’s still a playable spec if you’re a casual and aren’t pushing anything seriously. It’s also viable in mythic plus. He also has more credibility than what’s probably a grey/green parsing lock

Lolno

While sin isn’t overly complicated neither is lock.