Who do you PI?

I’ve started running an addon that announces in chat who I have PIed. It is interesting to see how people are reacting to this. Nobody ever said a word before, but now it’s like, “PI the druid, PI the warrior,” yada, yada, yada. It is somewhat irritating to be honest.

Before each run I usually macro two dps in the group for PI and have it so that there is no need to switch targets, etc. But my selection process is fairly simple. If there is a destro warlock in the group–a class that I am familiar with–then I set them as second, and will eyeball their CDs as needed to hit them when the timing is right. As for other classes, I used to do that with fire mages as well, and would hit them on their Combustion. But now, fire mages are not so common, and I really only pug and don’t have a lot of time to choose people. I also run a lot of dungeons and trying to figure out who is best to PI is a chore. Hence, besides the above two cases, I will simply choose rogues–who I know benefit a lot from haste, but do not know what other classes are good choices. Hence when in doubt I just choose the highest ilevel because I have heard a variety of arguments about who to choose, but am confused when trying to decide who is best all else the same.

Hence if anyone has some kind of method or thoughts on how to choose who you PI in M+, it would be very helpful if you would share.

Moonkins and warlocks are the big two. As well as mm hunters. Just watch for trueshot / darksoul infernal / ravenous frenzy.

How about druids in general? Like if I chose a druid over others with a similar ilevel, no matter what kind of druid, would there be a problem?

Sorry for my cluelessness, but I’ve never played a druid dps.

Also, are there any dps classes/specs that would not benefit from haste?

And what about classes that would benefit from PI at random times? Sometimes I just can’t look at CDs and also still use the Twins leggo sometimes, and so my priority at times is on PI to boost my healing.

Feral gains very little. Venthyr balance druid gains a frankly ludicrous amount.

Warriors, Feral, WW monk, arcane mage.

Very few, everyone gets something sure but the vast majority of people’s power lies in their CDs.

I think its kind of funny that you would specifically have an addon to bring attention to yourself…

Is being disc that unfulfilling? :frowning:

You know holy is just a sparkle away :slight_smile:

Use a cooldown tracker of some kind. Personally I use Zentracker but there are multiple out there. In M+ you want to be using PI on a dps on cooldown. Just throw it on whoever pops a dps cooldown. Every class gets at least some benefit from PI.

M+ top priority targets to PI are MM Hunters when they use True Shot, Fire mages that Combust, Frost Mages that use Icy Veins, Monks when they blow their cds, and Warriors. Most other classes don’t overly benefit that much from haste.

MM Hunter w/ PI + True Shot do absolutely crazy burst AOE damage.

MM hunters do insane AoE dmg with PI.
Balance druids on single target.

Those 2 are my priorities for PI.

Other cool classes I can think of are Ele shamans when they have their Storm elemental out.
Frost mages with Icy Veins.
Unholy DKS on bursting windows.

myself. use your own cds, other classes!

2 Likes

I wish they’d just remove PI. Puts pressure on priests that we don’t need, and people get mad if you don’t give it to them. It’s not a good ability. Sure, it’s great in organized runs, but for pugs it’s just a hindrance. Our cooldowns should benefit ourselves, no other class has to deal with this kind of thing.

1 Like

Having actual group utility and support is never a bad thing. PI and optionally Fae Guardians.

PI wouldn’t really do anything for healing other than OOM yourself faster.

Usually just whoever asks, sometimes I sell it, other times I just pick highest dps :man_shrugging:

wut, it’s an amazing ability. it’s literally a personal Lust with 2min cd.
Why would u wish to remove it lol

1 Like

I love PI

How so? It’s just another cd that we can use to make the dungeon go faster.

So? People get mad when you don’t heal them over the tank, they can get over it :smiley: .

How is an increase to damage a hindrance

So Ironbark, BoP, LoH, Guardian Spirit, Pain Suppression, none of those are like PI at all?

1 Like

Just did a Serenity for 61000 and a Heal for 48000. Shame it mostly goes into overhealing… Think it would be possible for them to make it into like a temporary shield if its more HP than the player has?

To put your request into context, blizzard made a significantly weaker version of that effect into a trinket in vanilla, it gave a % of overhealing for a short period of time on a long cooldown.

That trinket was used in progression raid healing until late wrath. Two expansions later. And was also made into a legendary (Val Anyr)

Converting overhealing is bonkers.

1 Like

for raiding some smart people already did the math for us

for M+ track cd’s see who’s doing the most dps and use it correctly based on assumptions using an addon that says “x has pi” might not do anything if they dont have a cool down to pair with it.

PI is powerful but it needs to be pair with some sort of dps cool down for optimal useage throwing pi randomly really wont do anything.

1 Like

Bonkers is good, we should be doing more of that

For M+ I currently just track CDs with a weakaura that plays a sound when someone uses one of the CDs I tracked.

The ones I tracked:
Mage - Combustion, Icy Veins
Pally - Avenging Wrath, Crusade
Monk - Invoke Xuen
Druid - Celestial Alignment, Ravenous Frenzy (though none of my druids have been Venthyr yet, surprisingly)
Hunter - Trueshot, Aspect of the Wild
Demon Hunter - Meta
Death Knight - Army, Dark Transformation
Warlock - Dark Soul, Infernal
Rogue - Vendetta (though you should only ever do this in ST scenarios and if your rogue is good)

I suppose I could add Recklessness and Avatar, but those haven’t seemed worth it when I PI. Also probably going to remove DH Meta, and I’ve also considered taking off Aspect for hunters. Although BM scales with haste, it doesn’t have the impact it does on other classes in most pulls. Feels similar to Vendetta, which I mostly only track because I have a rogue friend who generally will do massive ST during it when we’re pugging.

1 Like

You can pretty much just ignore DH because they already have so much haste.

There’s probably better specs to use it on but PI on execute phase is insane for warriors.