Who all have changed their stance on Classic?

I’ve brought this up in other threads but arenas didn’t kill WPvP. Neither did BG’s, or flying, or dailies or whatever other reason people throw out there. Wpvp inevitably kills itself. If I’ve learned anything in classic it’s that a huge majority of players don’t actually enjoy world pvp, just the implication. Nobody realized this because retail’s pvp servers have all been 99/1 for close to 10 years now. People on the majority faction on a server don’t enjoy it, they just enjoy dumping on people who can’t fight back. The minority faction doesn’t like it, so they leave. BOOM!!! One faction pve server. I was just surprised how fast it happened in classic.

But regarding class balance and arenas I agree with you completely. The game would be better off if RBG’s were added in BC instead or arenas.

3 Likes

Why do we consumers keep falling for these GAMING COMPANIES lies!?
New release after New release after New release…

Classic isnt Vanilla
and Blizzard isnt Blizzard … its that simple…
And the ppl that played back in Vanilla arent the same…

So just pipe down, open your wallets and spread your cheeks.

2 Likes

A little yea. Some of that is tied to the game, some of that is tied to Blizz and some of that is tied to the community. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn’t have come back.

That being said, there’s still enough game there to have a little fun here and there but its nowhere near vanilla levels of fun.

Im losing hope but my MMO dreams are tied up in the indie MMO, Camelot Unchained anyway. Classic is a pit stop.

1 Like

You I’m gunna disagree with you. TBC was just vanilla made better. They generally fixed all the issues that people had in vanilla, and funny enough alot people have the same complaints about classic 14 years later lol.

WotLK is when the game started becoming modern wow. Multiple raid difficulties, overreliance on vehicle mechanics, class homogenisation. Not saying it was a bad expac, but he was 100% correct about TBC being vanilla improved.

2 Likes

classic wow is what i expected it to be a 15 year old game im just replaying for the experience.

This terrible version of AV is by far the worst part of classic.

I knew exactly what I was getting into, and I’m still having fun. Warts and all. I greatly prefer TBC but I still enjoy the classic/vanilla experience. Not quite as good as private servers though.

It’s not even modern. Remember guild poaching? Remember stories of people who got their legendary and then gquit?

“What’s in it for me?” has always been in WoW.

2 Likes

Agree with this. You can sort of sense that this is how a lot of people think now in the age of streaming; if the game can’t be played 16+ hours a day, it’s pointless and dead.

What is so bad about logging in a few hours a week and killing dragons? If you want to play more, you can farm gold, level alts, play PvP, but unlike retail, you are not required to infini-grind your Heart of MacGuffin, Champion of Azeroth!!!11 And that’s perfectly fine.

3 Likes

It’s almost like people were clamoring for these very changes 15 years ago and got them…

The problem with Retail is not the modernizations, it’s the nerfs to the difficulty of the content and the change in emphasis from group content to solo content.

When you hand out epics like candy and make it so people can get them without seriously interacting with others, that’s when the game goes downhill. You can have a modern WoW that doesn’t do that.

Classic is burning out the deadwood. Basic forums management.

game is fine if you want to raid, pvp is awful because blizzard and the playerbase ruined it.

world pvp was always going to be bad, BG pvp wouldve been fine if blizzard cared at all and put the effort necessary into releasing them properly and not having cross battleground, and having real AV. But they didn’t, and combined with the fact that the majority of the playerbase has been trained to get rewards rather than the gameplay being the reward no one even attempts to pvp for fun so thats another level that it was ruined at.

Already unsubbed and not buying shadowlands or continuing to play classic unless blizzard severely changes.

This isnt entirely accurate. Yes it is a game however it is a type of game. This is a long term commitment type game. This is a mmo! :slight_smile:

Sing my song brother!

1 Like

Kind of where I’m at. I can say it’s better than retail, but it certainly isn’t what was promised. I had fully intended to play all of BC and Wrath, but now… not so sure. If they do those as halfarsed as this, meh, I’m *done.

1 Like

Yes, you can actually do other things with your time than play wow, how enjoyable wow is has always been detached from amount of hours spent in the game for me.

The worst expansions we have had are full of the endless grinding you seem to desire, and those xpacs have been bleeding players.

If you want to log in and play 10 hours a day 7 days a week until the heat death of the universe, then just play retail, you can always be grinding AP, forever.

1 Like

Good post. Arenas are cool. Try em out!

Sounds like the first person I met in Asheron’s Call.

Some traits are timeless

Those that didn’t like the rampant blood thirsty WPvP won’t like WoW Classic. With that said, not only does server balance need to be addressed but the honor system needs to be compensated for exponential server pops & xserver.

No, not a whole lot.

I was very hyped for classics launch. I played more than i should have leveled my first toon to 60 got about half mc epics, and started leveling this alt. Both of which have been great and i loved being able to again play my favorite game.

The one thing I will say is that the meta that has emerged has both surprised me and let me down. I didn’t see the faction imbalance coming. It seemed to be fine while leveling but once phase 2 dropped it became very obvious the imbalance was real.

I started roaming around looking for honor kills and soon realized the only real way to keep up with any type of honor ranking was to sit in BRM and snipe kills from other players. (My main is a dagger spec rogue, great for sniping) This simply was NOT fun it just felt like griefing.

Then once battlegrounds dropped I was again kinda hyped, and even though AB wasnt released, I figured BGS would be a nice change of pace for ranking.

WRONG.

AV quickly became the meta and farming it was the ONLY way to now rank, and still kinda is. With 30min Q times and the BG itself not even being fun for PvP, it kinda killed a big part of the game for me.

This alt is almost max level now, and i leveled him for PvP (My retail main was always an arms warrior). I’m hoping by the time I get around to farming out most of his gear that the Qs might be semi-fixed. If not, I might just raid log my rogue and go play another game honestly =/.

1 Like