Who’s coming back

Meh. I probably will, just to give everything a try. But I was not overly enthused with the expansion reveal.

3 Likes

My reaction pretty much echoes Kinarra haha.

I mean, I’m cautiously optimistic. I recognise my muted reaction might be due to just HOW jaded Shadowlands has made me. Dragons are interesting. They’re not like my favourite thing, but they’re cool. I like the idea of an exploration based expansion - the Reliquary and Explorers league leading the charge could feel good in terms of Azeroth-relevance, but without all the war stuff. The new race and class looks nifty, I’ll probably make one and give it a shot. But I can’t say anything about the reveal made me “hyped” as such. Like hell, even the Shadowlands trailer got me SO excited. This time I just sorta went “okay yeah I guess that has potential”. Closest thing to a “feeling” I had was relief that we’re at least back in Azeroth. Maybe I just don’t want to be let down again, idk.

So yeah, I’ll come back. Not gonna overcommit myself and try to start a guild again anytime soon, but I’ll come back and hang out.

3 Likes

The fact this is an expedition being helmed by the League of Explorers should not go overlooked.

Guys. We might actually be getting the crazy wish of the Hearthstone plot being put into WoW. Dragon dog fights in the sky. The possible return of Galakrond. The signs are there!

6 Likes

pops head up

“Hello there…”

1 Like

I need story beats before I decide to come back. The zones look super cool, and honestly I think the new class and race is a neat concept, even if it looks gooooofy as hell.

I love the dragonflights, it’s easily the coolest part of Warcraft for me so I’m pretty sure I’ll be becoming back to do a month of release. Ill need to be convinced for anything more than that.

8 Likes

Dragons are cool.

The setting and introduced mechanics look fun enough to give the game a try again. If I can spend my banked token money on the expansion, I’ll probably drop in to check it out for a month. Though I’d also need to see what the story is before deciding whether I want to stick around.

Never left. But I’m interested in what is in store. I think this has a lot of better RP chances, even if you don’t like the new playable, you can ignore them and use this as a great chance to explore your characters conenction to the elements, druidism, exploration, animals and not make it a bunch of “But CAN we go do that??”

New foods, recipies, clothes, ideas…I’m really excited. I’ll actually be interested in mount collecting here again.

Not really interested in the playable.

I think this could of been a great moment to tap into the old lore of the Dragonsworn of someone who devotes themself to a dragonflight and gains powers through them. It would of made it more player focused , with a starting zone that focused around someone answering the call that the dragons need help and then leveling through a zone that helps you harness and pick your dragon flight or be blessed by all these same powers for a tank, damage and healing spec and maybe picking a flight to cosmetically represent fully as.
This would of kept it away from being …elves only and be more like a Death Knight where its every race. Not only would it have opened up dragon rpers to have a proper range of every race, but really connect to the idea that the people are here to help restore Azeroth.

But that’s like, the only thing I really have as an opinion to be honest. Imagine a whole guild of Dragonmaw taking up Dragon riding and having a bunch of them all over the place? So many great ideas

6 Likes

Don’t do that.
Don’t give me hope.

2 Likes

Also, this interaction tops anything seen in baseline WoW in literal years.

2 Likes

My wife and I might.

We’re going to be watching this expansion closely, and if it looks good? Then we’ll talk about it. Both of us are still really bitter about the previous scandal/lawsuits and what an absolute $&*%show the story’s been.

But it’s looking like we might resub at some point if more positive information drops…
A bit bummed about the new race only being able to be an Evoker.

Yeah I’m looking at returning as well. I mean…Clan Drakehammer was born to hunt dragons. How could we not?

But still…I’m cautious, much like most others here. Also maybe making a toon on Moon Guard 'cause apparently all the Alliance went there? Idk.

Either way, dragons are dope. They’ve always been dope. And I really like the muted feel of this expansion. It’s not end of the world, it’s just…‘it’s dragons, dog’. And that’s fine by me.

Not all the Alliance has gone to Moon Guard.
I’m not there.

3 Likes

My first thread in months and this is what I’m met with

2 Likes

Don’t listen to everything you hear mate! The Alliance community on WRA is still super active, with new initiatives boosting it even now. Check out the Wyrmrest Community Project if you want to see more - Alliance over here is actually on the rise.

Of course if you want to make a character on MG too, more power to you. Can be fun to explore multiple servers. Just don’t do so solely because you’ve heard Alliance on WRA is dead or something - that’s not the case.

7 Likes

For me, since I recently returned, its more of a question of if I will stay or not

The good: New zones seem cool. I love the overall concept; dragons, and a feel good comeback story? Feels like a nice, fresh, high fantasy adventure. New, but still very Warcraft.

The bad: The new race and class seem bland. I really don’t like the dragon form. I would have preferred something more like D&D dragonborn. I know big and burly races aren’t as popular, but the lanky dragon form just doesnt appeal to me. If they wanted to be really ambitious, they should have let anyone be an Evoker, and released 2 new neutral races: the human/elven dragon people AND some big dragon bois. I would come back in a heartbeat to be a big red dragonborn paladin or something. But a gecko looking mage? Meh. I’m happy for those that like it, but it’s not enough to have me itching to come back.

Which brings me to, The Ugly: I’ve bought every expansion at release, if not pre-release, since I started playing this game in TBC. I always come and go, but usually play most of the expansion. I dropped Shadowlands so fast (in a pandemic no less) and never definitively felt like coming back. Between the quality of Shadowlands and BfA, the decline in the story, the myriad problems in and around Blizzard, they’ve burned all the goodwill they’ve built with me. I don’t really see myself as “a gamer.” I don’t buy new games a lot. I’m not that engrossed in the hobby. I don’t own a console. I play a few games fairly often and it’s hard for me to get into something new. For a long time, WoW was my main game and nothing else was even close. But that loyalty is gone. I’m not trying to be melodramatic, and I’m not actively choosing to punish Blizzard per se. They just literally were able to make me stop caring.

Which brings me to my verdict: I’m watching and waiting. If 2,3,6 months in, I am hearing good things and feel the itch to come check it out, I will. But there’s not enough here for it to be a buy from me. It’s not gonna be able to pull me away from FFXIV (or CK3, Bannerlord, Stardew which I just picked up, League, etc.)

Anyway sorry for the wall of text and I’m certainly not wanting to rain on anyone’s parade, but that’s where I’m at.

4 Likes

You have my axe.

1 Like

so im guessing that means you are coming back?

I’ll be sticking around, this has whetted my interest.

Will be interesting to see if the Drakthyr are the inspiration for the Chromatic Flight, given they ‘blend’ the powers of the Five Flights together.

Would have been a lot less work for Blizzard to have simply made the Drakthyr the Flight’s answer to their infertility, infusing worthy Mortals with their blood and essence to make Dragon/Mortal hybrids, which gets around the ‘Age of Mortals’ angle the Titans whammied them with and still provides Guardians of Life, the Dream, Time, Magic and the Earth.

Only a single class seems like a very, very dumb decision and will make what might otherwise be a fascinating race a very one-trick pony. There’s nothing stopping these hybrids from going in as a Warrior, a Rogue or even a Druid, they’ve got the background for it, these seems a lot like CLASS FANTASY :tm: and it does kind of smack of them not listening to the player base in that we hated their class fantasy ideas because it hyper-focused the classes to specific fantasy niches and undercut our own takes on them.

It is early days, however, and they could easily, with feedback, make Evoker a Drakthyr only class, but allow them access to most classes, with the Evokers being the ‘purest’ or ‘closest’ version of what Neltharion wanted to make.

All that said, I can see that they are a part of the Dragon-Kith armies. the Dracotaurs are the ground troops, generic spellcasters and skirmishers. Drakkonids are the bruisers/shock troopers and heavy infantry, intended to both soak and up deal shocking amounts of damage. Drakthyr seem to be the Commanders/High Priests/Champions of this Dragon-Kith army, but the loss of their homeland and the fall of Neltharion to madness probably made the other Flights leery of continuing the experiments, or possibly they couldn’t make more outside of the Dragon Isles, while the other breeds were fertile enough to sustain their own numbers, or in the case of Drakkonids, were creatable via mortals being transformed via a magical ritual.

4 Likes

I want return now but I know awaits me… ZM. the horror

While I’m wait and see with Dragonflight, I did like what I saw. As much as people poo on the cinematic, I think it was great. But that was all images and talk. I want see gameplay and content before I say 100% i’ll return.

Though Wrath I may return for. I never play Wrath much like Classic however I loved Frozen throne and I like the zones in Northrend. Sadly, I maybe buy the boost to skip leveling to get where I want. That if I want play wrath.

Edit: I like the Drakthyr. Gives me Everquest vibes. I’ll try one but I’m stay with my hunter.