Whizbang Spawning Fixed

Agree 100%. Blizz is trying to drum up excitement, but I’m not about to lose my job for a mount and some cosmetics. FOMO = absurdity. Dangling a carrot in my face and telling me this is what I’m missing out on by daring to have a life outside of Azeroth, lol

1 Like

being patient works as well but unfortunately - 80% of the player base appears to have zero patience.

Moonguard needs sharding during the event. Just as much now.

We just had an event where like 10 Dr. Booms spawned at the same time. Was an absolute cluster.

1 Like

Are you sure your tags are even hitting the boss. The first event I got no loot at all and I checked my combat log and only my attacks on the first mob spawning showed up. Too much lag will eat your attacks on the others so doing in large groups is iffy.

Stop the phasing please. Had a whole raid phase and miss it.

1 Like

LOL more like 95% instead…every time we have these events…I see tons of players just can’t sit still…they are all over the place…

NO leave the phasing alone…some times I can get in 2 or 3 portals at the top of the hour…this past one I got in Val and SW…missed Org…portal before last got in all 3 of the portals on my alt parked at them.

Appreciate this fix, but I am still confused as to when the event actually happens?

I am bailing out of meetings to log in and check it is causing a ton of stress. I really don’t want to miss out on any cosmetics. I wish there was some way to better understand these events. Maybe I missed some article or some in-game timer? I love the timer that was added for the boats in SW, something like that would be helpful. I love these types of events so much but the FOMO is killing me and causing professional issues :slight_smile: I hope this is fixed in the future.

0-2 mins past the hour is when the portal has been showing up in valdrakken for ‘us’, pretty consistently since the hotfix.

1 Like

You completely read what I said wrong, but that’s normal for you.

For those of you not seeing any loot from the corpse.
Check your green Hearthstone Wild Card quantity. If you have a max stack of 10 of those on hand, you won’t loot any more of them. And if that’s all that was only going to drop for you for that kill, you’ll see no loot. Also, if you have like 7, 8 or 9 of them and still not seeing loot, it implies that your loot was going to be a multiple of those green cards that would have put you over the 10 max, aka, you had 8 in your bag and the loot was going to be 3 of them. But having a max stack of 10 on hand allows you to know if your loot is something of worth versus getting the green cards. If the corpse shows lootable, it’s a win.
One thing I have seen twice whilst looting a blue Hearthstone card, when clicking on it in my bag, there is no item inside, just a small blank item window pops up.

3 Likes

It’s difficult to be patient with an event that only lasts a week then it’s gone forever.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Finally got the mount (last item) on kill 75. It was on first kill of the day (only time of the 3 first kills I got non wildcard loot) and I had 4 wildcards in inventory so it seems wildcards have no impact. Shows how chaotic this event is when people have to be superstitious to avoid bugs.

Glad I can finally end this nonsense, perhaps the worst event I’ve seen and I’ve been playing since late vanilla. (Although the pre-wrath kara boss that gave 1 person per raid the item for barely any weeks was stupid too, please bring that item back not on bmah.) The minimal rewards in hearthstone, locking several packs behind one day only twitch drops, and the insanity that is the wow event–whoever was directing decisions for this anniversary should honestly be fired if Blizzard was serious on changing how they design things for the customer base (jk they weren’t.)

Glad it’s supposedly fixed, but sharding is still an issue, but can be either good or bad. Twice this morning I looted the boss and was sharded off into one where the portal hadn’t opened yet so I got 4 kills in 75 minutes, including a mount drop. 3rd try I waited and was sharded off 5 seconds before the portal opened into a shard where I had to wait another 4 minutes. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Yeah, I think they changed something with sharding. It might have been put into overdrive. With so many people participating though that might have been the right call.

In Valdrakken, it’s on the top of the platform of Emeral Enclave, just South of the Seat of the Aspects. It’s very close by the main hub of Valdrakken, part of it even.

A rare Blizzard W.

1 Like

is it true that you can only get the meaningful loot once a day?

I got the Hat earlier, should I not bother doing it again today?

I’m beginning to think they made a change to this because I’m not seeing anything dropping, including on characters without the 10 max hearthstone cards.
Almost like it was changed to good loot once per character per day. I’ll have to check that, but it seems rather odd that I’ve received nothing on 15 kills across 3 characters in the past 5 runs. Maybe just really bad RNG but to not even get a green card on characters without any of them is odd.

EDIT - upon further review, it may just be that I only need one more of the blue cards to have looted everything there is.

1 Like