Whispers from GM?

Yeah if u see a fake Blizzard employee thats named “Blizard” etc. It’s a complete scam, just report it

Looks like compromised accounts are starting to bot spam global chat channels now as well.

Found one posting an ad every 30 seconds in lookingforgroup.

They’ve escaped their service chat containment zone. :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

it’s a scam, I used to talk to gms once in a while in WOTLK for item restoration because some guild member wanted an item that was disenchanted during the raid. The chat always has the actual big blue Blizzard log o in it.

Obviously it’s a scam though. Blizz does their pop-out blue window.

I remember back in the day if you really messed up, GM’s would teleport to you.

Like going under zones/etc… heh SW wall glitch was fun

I got stuck in the ground in Hellfire shortly after TBC launched and a GM came and teleported me out.

1 Like

People still fall for it, and wildy lures :joy:

just got one of these from a “Blizard” same message, different link.

if I was wearing shoes I’d be shaking in them. lol

Ah, but have you seen the white room?

1 Like

They need one for the bot that’s posting on a timer in lookingforgroup chat channel.

They’ve escaped the service chat bot containment channel.

Let’s put it patrick over there meme the bots. It’s overdue.

I remember the yell your password in Diablo 2 scam

Also, I remember ye olde bait n switch trade window.

Place down awesome weapon. Cancel before accepting. Place immediately a lesser item but looks the same

:izakaya_lantern: :crab: :izakaya_lantern: :crab:

I remember my first play through in Legion getting stuck in an endless Pandaria bombing run during the intro

Made a ticket. Got a GM message in a matter of minutes.

Didn’t realize I won the lottery with that. Nowadays, I could find an error, seek support and it closes with no resolution

Talking to a real employee might as well be a legacy achievement. So, if I see something like this I know it ain’t real. Because they don’t answer questions anymore.

I have had one on going for a month now that hasn’t been resolved or looked into on customer support, bug reports, nothing

Guess they expect me to figure it out or not play at all. When enough people aren’t playing it gets through.

Local issues go unresolved. It’s like I don’t matter anymore

:dracthyr_shrug:

:izakaya_lantern: :crab: :izakaya_lantern: :crab:

The guy who started that was caught. It was a white dude.

Back when accounts were getting hacked left and right, there were definitely times where people lost everything and then when they finally got back on the account, the GM’s would often open a chat with you and were able to restore everything and would add some serious extras for the trouble of going through all that! I may or may not know this for fact, after getting hacked.

This is as pathetic as the “dear pervert” scam.

When I reported it, I have details including the typo in the message. I assumed that Blizz would have removed the account, and added a filter for the message (especially the misspelled web site) so that other accounts trying the same thing would also be perma banned. I should have knows they would not.

i reported this post for liking football. :smiley:

lol everyone Knows a blizzard notifaction pops up Top right corner saying a GM wants to speak to you unless this happens its not a real GM whisper lol

Guilty as charged :wink:

gms coming for you.

1 Like