Whispering harassment should get you a week suspension

And my guess is that 99.999% of the most aggressive volatile insulting people in game wouldn’t dare say something to somebody’s face in the first place. Outside of this game environment it’s very unlikely it would ever actually be an issue.
We’re all keyboard commandos sitting behind the monitor however LOL

1 Like

I swear, only the WoW community…

2 Likes

Right, that’s why this criticism of being “soft” goes nowhere. We aren’t able to handle the situation, since some jerk is sitting behind their keyboard. The only recompense is through the rules and punishment system.

4 Likes

I’ll whisper you.

You know what’s worse than that? When you’ve been farming AV for 15 keys and have never seen T’zanna sword drop, the one healing sword with haste and versatility in the game, and you finally see it drop. Level 16! I ask if he needs the 1h, another asks if he needs the 1h. I roll a 75. The other guy says “TY” and they both leave. No roll. No acknowledgment of my existence. I just healed a 16 for these lazy selfish jerks. As a Holy Pally no less. And the guy he gave it to was a RET. Off-spec. The penalty for that should be terminal guilt. Nobody cares. Nobody cares about me. Nobody gives a crpa about my feelings.

Here’s a spotlight post on what Blizzard does and does not considers harassment. A lot of opinions in this thread but Blizzard’s interpretation is the only one that matters:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spotlight-on-harassment/10309

Same, but for different reasons.

Yeah those are the three toxic folk tend to go with but you’re right there is far worse as some folk use a certain infamous three letter abbreviation that I won’t type here as it technically means they wish for you to harm yourself in a bad way and it’s not something people should ever tell someone let alone over a video game. I’ve sadly gotten it a few times because the healer left as the tank was terrible…from the tank of all people so…yeah the harassment and hate speech in whisper should indeed get people a ‘vacation’ from the game with it being longer based on stuff they say

it’s not harassment if you like it.

Cool xmog, even matches the text.

1 Like

I had 5 people both do that, and when I just reported instead of answering they hopped on another alt to keep at it. If you report a line of text it should ask you if you want to add a player on ignore as well, though sometimes I remember to ignore and then report when I’m in a time sensitive thing like shuffle I often forget to ignore then do it so they can’t just hop on an alt to keep going. Personally, the report ignore for a session should be account wide too. Not that it matters since I honestly stopped playing with how bad the patch made PvP.

“Ugly transmog”

1 Like

Your name suits you well.

If you feel up for the challenge, go ahead and whisper it to somebody.

Me and another Elf are still waiting. Lest you want to keep that toon temporarily banned.

In fact, do it here. Right here on the forums. Won’t hurt, right? It ain’t harassment.

Ion personally reviews it and decides whether or not you were, in fact, the worst healer/tank/dps. If master Ion agrees with the ‘harasser’ in this regard, nothing happens

Report them, put them on ignore. The system only works if you use it.

1 Like

agreed. people that feel the need to force their abusive, tryhard piece of mind need a serious reality check. get reported imo :100:

If the person is making that much effort to keep track of you in order to say “mean things” to you, it’s already crossed the line into actual harassment/stalking.

At that point blizzard needs to step up to the plate and pick up the ball that they have dropped for over a decade.

Most of these yahoos don’t have the patience or wherewithal to bother spending that much time on another person. They don’t even care about themselves why would they care that much about someone else?

2 Likes

That’s what good families are for.

While it’s harsh, it’s also part of life. We all have to learn how to defend ourselves. This usually occurs during early years of childhood but not always.

Sometimes it happens later, when the child has become a young adult but it always happens, eventually and to everyone.

When it happens to an adult, they usually don’t know how to handle it and process it badly.
It doesn’t have to “mess them up for life” though.
That’s rare and usually other circumstances have occurred that causes that.

TLDR: life is harsh, everywhere and for everyone. Nothing will ever change that simply because of the nature of life itself so “bullying” will always be a part of it.

Why that is, Idk. I didn’t start this fire, it was already burning when I got here.

1 Like

Enforcement of anti-harassment policies are reactive. People need to get reported first, and believe me, then Blizzard steps in. The Customer Support forum is more or less always full of people whinging that all they said was that everyone in their BG was trash, all they did was send a whisper to someone who left their key and told them to uninstall, etc. They always want to argue why they were actually justified.

And the Blues always tell them that they can appeal if they want, but it’s not going to matter. The first step in all of that is that people have to report harassers and toxic elements, though, Blizzard can’t and won’t proactively police in-game chat.

Anger and hate make people do crazy things that they normally wouldn’t do. It’s wild really.

But yeah it is. Any time someone bypasses ignore to pester someone It’s harrassment territory.

1 Like