Which type of Magic is most powerful?

Which is the most powerful type of Magic in WoW?

Light? Doesnt seem to be… Tirion and the Naaru got wiped…
The Light didnt save them!

Frost?
Fire?
Chaos?
Void? Is there even a void magic?
Shadow?

The elemental types like frost, fire, nature dont seem too powerful…
Elemental lords are weak, not even close to the top of the food chain.

What do u think?

I believe that Shadow and Light were the first entities and everything comes from them. All other forms of magic are sourced from Light and Shadow. Therefore in the realm of existence, Light and Shadow contain the most power.

Chaos!

Look at that felfire burn… it’s beautiful.

Sniffles.

2 Likes

I do think its fel… the chronical novel might tell us otherwise.
Maybe necrotic/unholy?

I don’t think you can have that conversation from the perspective of the base powers as wielded weapons, as who is wielding said power complicates how strong they are when wielded.

However, when you investigate the cosmology domains they are tied to, suddenly something becomes apparent.

Light, Arcane, and Nature all seem to fear the Fel & Void the most.

The Fel fears Void the most.

And the Void does not fear Light, Arcane, Fel, nor Nature.

But the Void seems to be manically frantic to not allow Death to gain traction, and see Death as their True Enemy and the Enemy of All.

Death is the thing that sits in the background quietly eating everything else while most of the rest of the domains don’t realize what is happening. The Void is flashy and takes a lot of the brunt of the other domains ire and fear because of it. But the Void itself seems to realize that Death is the ultimate power that will undo everything if it’s not stopped.

And I think that may indicate what cosmology and thus ultimate power actually is the most powerful.

1 Like

They all have strengths and weaknesses. I think it largely depends just on how capable the user is. Like fel magic is by nature stronger than arcane, but a higher skilled mage will destroy a lesser warlock.

Also the original elemental lords are very strong. Back when they ruled they often rewrote the face of Azeroth pretty casually. It’s just they had to be beatable as raid bosses.

Fist Magic is strongest.

Can’t cast anything with my fist in your face.

7 Likes

Fel magic may be the most powerful. It’s definitely the most destructive. It’s the one kind of magic that isn’t supposed to exist outside of the Twisting Nether. It corrupts and consumes other types of magic to power itself. It reacts violently to almost all other types of magic, even Void. Explosions and consuming fel fire… Look at Xhul’horac. He’s a being of Fel and Void. His dual nature is extremely unstable. The Light seems to be the only kind of magic that doesn’t explode when it comes into contact with the Fel.

1 Like

Arcane magic, it changes things as they are, time, space, polymorph, whats more powerful than that?

1 Like

The magic that lets you change yourself as you are >:3

I think it’s supposed to be each type has a natural opposite, making six altogether. Light / Void, Arcane / Death, Nature / Chaos (Fel).

Something like that. It’s in that big chart that was in the front of the first Chronicles book.

I don’t know if any one type is inherently more powerful than any other, but they each have a natural counter-type.

EDIT: after checking, I had them mixed up:
Arcane - Fel
Life - Death
Light - Shadow

EDIT 2 - picture here:

https://i.imgur.com/VsOdNOu.jpg

I can’t link the pic in-line 'cos I called some troll an idiot last year.

2 Likes

The magic of love and friendship conquers all. :heart:

1 Like

Friendship.

4 Likes

If an infinite source of each type of magic was pitted against one another then I believe Fel(Chaos), and by extension Death as a Fel engineered type of magic rather than simple phenomenon of the universe, would win out. Fel, by its very nature, eats up and consumes everything, including the Void which more brings things back to a true state of of nothingness rather than destroys things.

Fel is a destructive and extremely addictive energy originating as a result of the mutual destruction of Light and Void as they collide on a cosmic scale in the Twisting Nether. Rather than the flourishing of all (Light) or the return to nothingness of all (Void), fel is unnatural destruction, a complete removal from the balance of the universe.

3 Likes

It’s rock paper scissors.

1 Like

You have the right idea… but you’ve got the pairings wrong…

Light/Void
Arcane(Order)/Fel(Chaos)
Nature(Life)/Death

And then their is also the primal elemental Magics with their own pairings…
Fire/Water
Air/Earth

Those aren’t even the full extent of the different types of magic in the WoW universe either… just the most commonly known and most understood… Various races of Azeroth call upon Magic’s from outside of those common domains for different tasks and rituals… some of the societies we have met are centered around such Magic’s as well. A couple of our classes likewise use Magic’s from domains not listed above too.

Monks use a type of spiritual magic.
Druids can use a form of magic that draws its power from the cosmos rather than the land.
Trolls and Orcs have been seen using a primal Blood Magic.

Just to list a few… and of those, two might actually be opposites…
Spiritual/Blood
Considering the spiritual magic of the monks require a calm and centered mind to use, while the primal blood magic we’ve seen is accompanied by a zealous rage… the two powers are at complete odds just like the other pairs.

Voodoo.
cuz

You come get da voodoo

but also

Stay a way from da voodoo

2 Likes

Obvious holy

Well all know da voodoo is da void… it speaks to you… it makes you do crazy things… it warps everything it touches… you thought I was describing da voodoo just now? I was describing the void, see its the same thing.

1 Like

That true magic isn’t fel,arcane ,frost or fire it is what we can do with them in our consciousness that becomes the true magic. It is true what ILLadan said" We can only save ourselves". He didn’t say magic would save us but only the mind of the persons imagination with reason.